Windows 10: Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition

Discus and support Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone! Just recently bought a new pc, problem is, I expected it to come with windows 10 home edition as usual, but it came with an unactivated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SykesMcFly, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition

Hi everyone!

Just recently bought a new pc, problem is, I expected it to come with windows 10 home edition as usual, but it came with an unactivated version of windows 10 pro edition.
    I tried using the media creation tool but the option for windows 10 home edition didnt showed up, thought it would give me the choice once it was installing but it just installed the pro version again.

Any help with this? I'd rather have my legit version of windows home instead of an unactivated version of pro.

Thanks!

:)

SykesMcFly, Jun 5, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 pro edition

Hello Raed,

For us to better assist you with your concern about upgrading to Windows 10 pro edition and how to roll back to Windows 7, we would like to know some additional information first:

• Did you get any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To help you on upgrading your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, we suggest that you check this

article
    for information and troubleshooting steps.

You can follow the steps provided below to be able to downgrade to Windows 7:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Recovery tab.
    • Look for the option to "Go back to Windows 7/8", and click on "Get Started" to begin the process.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Pro Education Edition ISO?

Yeah, I'm well aware of that. No Product codes were listed for Pro Education last time I looked though. Or I'd be running it for a look see.

alphanumeric, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition

Windows 10 pro edition - License expires soon warning

Windows 10 Activation reports your license will soon expire.

This can happen for a number of reasons:

• You copied a Windows 10 Pro off the Internet (usually a volume license - organization - key) and changed on a Windows 10 Home installation. Windows 10 Pro is not free.
      If this is what you did, you will need to reinstall the previous edition or version you were running. You inadvertently installed the wrong edition.
      • The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from will correspond with the edition of Windows you have installed, if it does not, this is why you might be experiencing problems activating:

• Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Core
      will install Windows 10 Home

• Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro
      will install Windows 10 Pro

To find out if you have the right edition installed:

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Edition.

If the edition of Windows 10 installed does not correspond with the edition of Windows 7 or Windows 8 you were previously running, then you need to reinstall the right edition.

Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition b7e2236d-b4c7-474a-b86d-d0d56d2dbeeb.png

If you indeed have a Windows 10 Pro license, try using chat support to reactivate:

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat
    Support

Andre Da Costa, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition

1. Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition - Similar Threads - Switching pro edition

2. Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Home edition: I some how accidentally installed Windows 10 Pro instead of home edition that I have key/license for. I have tried doing the Registry edits in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion and the other path as well but when I run the...
  3. Switch possible from Windows 10 Pro to 10 Home edition?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Switch possible from Windows 10 Pro to 10 Home edition?: I need to upgrade or replace my PC, which runs Windows 10 Pro, as it's short of RAM. If I kept my PC, could I downsize from Pro to the Home edition? If I bought a new PC with the Home edition, could I keep my existing MS account or would I need a new licence?...
  4. Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to HOME Edition.

Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to HOME Edition.: I have a Dell Xps 8900 I purchased several years ago that came with Windows 7 Pro. I recently updated to Windows 10 Pro, but I want Windows 10 HOME Edition. Can this be done, and if so, how???...
  5. Updated to Windows 10 pro edition from home Windows 10 home edition

Updated to Windows 10 pro edition from home Windows 10 home edition: My laptop has windows 10 home edition. But I required Windows 10 pro edition. So.., is there any options to update my edition. Please help me out with this....
  6. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro Edition from Windows 10 Home Edition

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro Edition from Windows 10 Home Edition: I currently have a license and USB Flash drive containing Windows 10 Home Edition. I'm considering doing the upgrade to Professional Edition for $99. If I perform that upgrade will I then have a new Professional product key that will allow me to perform a clean reinstall...
  7. Upgrade from Home Edition to Pro

Upgrade from Home Edition to Pro: Hello, I purchased an upgrade from Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Pro Edition. Once the upgrade process starts, it stalls after 10-14% and then I get message that says: "Windows Upgrade Failed Error Code: 0x800f0904 how can I get the upgrade process to complete and...
  8. Minecraft switching from Java: Edition to Windows 10 Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft switching from Java: Edition to Windows 10 Edition: I've done a lot of reading on Minecraft's official page, and I've found that those who have purchased the Minecraft Java: Edition before October 19th, 2018 are "entitled to a free copy of Minecraft for Windows 10". My dad purchased the Java: edition for me as a Christmas gift...
  9. Downgrading Windows 10 Pro Edition To Home Edition...

Downgrading Windows 10 Pro Edition To Home Edition...: I recently just finished building my dream pc & managed to get Windows 10 on it without any actual "issues". The only thing I didn't realize until later on was that I originally intended to get Windows 10Home edition & instead I have the Windows 10 Pro edition which I don't...
  10. Switching from windows 10 enterprise edition to windows 10 pro

Switching from windows 10 enterprise edition to windows 10 pro: At one point I had my system as not activated. I searched for a product key and accidentally selected the enterprise key. Now I have an enterprise edition and I am afraid I will not get the free upgrade by the end of the month! How can I reverse this without having to go...