Windows 10: Switching from Windows 10 to 7

Discus and support Switching from Windows 10 to 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am getting tired of using Windows 10 (Memory hog), and want to switch to Windows 7. The reason for the question is this laptop came pre-installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kharris9112, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Switching from Windows 10 to 7

I am getting tired of using Windows 10 (Memory hog), and want to switch to Windows 7. The reason for the question is this laptop came pre-installed with Windows 8.1 and I hated it so when 10 became available I immediately installed it. I was wondering if it would even be able to function with 7 on it and if its even possible to completely remove 10.

:)

kharris9112, Oct 7, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Switching from Windows 10 to 7

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

Switching from Windows 10 to 7

1. Switching from Windows 10 to 7 - Similar Threads - Switching

2. Cursor won't switch focus on left click and hover, only right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor won't switch focus on left click and hover, only right click: My laptop is an Acer Aspire 5 A514-54-52UP running i5-1135G7 and Windows 10 22H2.For a view weeks, my laptop won't change focus to another window or to the taskbar-and-desktop if I left click or hover my cursor over the window, taskbar, or desktop.I have tried multiple...
  3. Cursor won't switch focus on left click and hover, only right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor won't switch focus on left click and hover, only right click: My laptop is an Acer Aspire 5 A514-54-52UP running i5-1135G7 and Windows 10 22H2.For a view weeks, my laptop won't change focus to another window or to the taskbar-and-desktop if I left click or hover my cursor over the window, taskbar, or desktop.I have tried multiple...
  4. Cursor won't switch focus on left click and hover, only right click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cmd Prompt not switching drives/directories nor listing net use in elevated mode only...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cmd Prompt not switching drives/directories nor listing net use in elevated mode only...: Hello,I just did a fresh clean reinstall of W11 Pro due to a ton of problems, many of which are resolved. The BIGGEST reason I did the fresh reinstall was because of one particular problem which is STILL baffling me.Providing screenshots of everythingThe command prompt is not...
  6. Cmd Prompt not switching drives/directories nor listing net use in elevated mode only...

Cmd Prompt not switching drives/directories nor listing net use in elevated mode only...: Hello,I just did a fresh clean reinstall of W11 Pro due to a ton of problems, many of which are resolved. The BIGGEST reason I did the fresh reinstall was because of one particular problem which is STILL baffling me.Providing screenshots of everythingThe command prompt is not...
  7. I switched off my laptop accidentally while it was updating and when I start it now it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I switched off my laptop accidentally while it was updating and when I start it now it...: Hp 15 windows 11 error in the image inserted above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-switched-off-my-laptop-accidentally-while-it-was/bd151537-fec9-4d00-8f36-0cb8af335e13
  8. I switched off my laptop accidentally while it was updating and when I start it now it...

I switched off my laptop accidentally while it was updating and when I start it now it...: Hp 15 windows 11 error in the image inserted above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-switched-off-my-laptop-accidentally-while-it-was/bd151537-fec9-4d00-8f36-0cb8af335e13
  9. Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...: The multiple virtual desktop feature is, in theory, a great idea but I run into a consistent issue with it. Lets say I have Excel open on "Desktop 1". I then create a new desktop, "Desktop 2". If I double click on an Excel file while using Desktop 2, Windows switches me back...
  10. Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...

Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...: The multiple virtual desktop feature is, in theory, a great idea but I run into a consistent issue with it. Lets say I have Excel open on "Desktop 1". I then create a new desktop, "Desktop 2". If I double click on an Excel file while using Desktop 2, Windows switches me back...