Windows 10: Switching from Windows S to Home or Pro

Discus and support Switching from Windows S to Home or Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Found a good deal on a new Lenovo laptop that has factory installed Windows S. Desire to switch to Home or Pro, preferably Pro. Have searched the forum... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pericles, Nov 15, 2020.

1. pericles Win User

Switching from Windows S to Home or Pro

Found a good deal on a new Lenovo laptop that has factory installed Windows S. Desire to switch to Home or Pro, preferably Pro. Have searched the forum and read the tutorials and threads, but no recent threads.
    (Realize this is not a common issue)

- Anyone made this transition that can relate experiences ?

- From what I read there is a choice to go to Home or Pro. One thread from last year mentioned there will be a $45 upgrade charge beginning after 2019. Can't find anything to verify.

- Would a clean install of Win10 Pro be possible from the Media Creation Tool ? Or is the digital license for Win10S embeded ?

Would appreciate any advice and thoughts. Personally, I am somewhat leery.

Switch out of S mode in Windows 10 for Free

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...f-031bfb28a307

:)

pericles, Nov 15, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Nov 15, 2020
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Switching from Windows S to Home or Pro

Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Switching from Windows S to Home or Pro

1. Switching from Windows S to Home or Pro - Similar Threads - Switching Home Pro

2. switching from S mode to 10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    switching from S mode to 10 home: I have been trying to get windows 10 activated on a new computer in S mode. I get the response, "working on it", for the past 3 days. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-from-s-mode-to-10-home/a8945aba-9cf3-4c73-b2f7-8cc33e3bfbf1
  3. Switching from Windows 10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Switching from Windows 10 Home to Pro: Having used Windows versions for many years and Windows 10 since it was first introduced I recently decided to purchase a new laptop with Windows 10 Pro. Apart from the delight in having newer faster hardware, my main interest was improving my data privacy and security. I...
  4. Switching from Windows 10 Home-S Mode to the same without -S mode

Switching from Windows 10 Home-S Mode to the same without -S mode: Hi, We just bought a new HP laptop 2 days ago at Best Buy. We didn't notice didn't know what is it that it came with Windows 10 Home -S mode installed. When starting installation, my husband somehow opted out, installed Chrome and set up all the common sites with passwords,...
  5. Update from Windows 10 Home S to Windows 10 Pro S

Update from Windows 10 Home S to Windows 10 Pro S: I just bought a new laptop. My old laptop has Windows 10 Pro on it. The new one has Windows 10 Home S. I want to put Pro on my new laptop. Is that possible?...
  6. Switch Pro to Home from two laptops

Switch Pro to Home from two laptops: I have two laptops. One is a Dell / Core i5 that was purchased about four years ago with Win 8, and it has the pro version. I upgraded it to Windows 10, and it carried the pro version to the Windows 10 upgrade. I bought a new Lenovo / Core i7 two Christmas' ago, with Window...
  7. Switch from Windows 10 Education to Home or Pro?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switch from Windows 10 Education to Home or Pro?: So I bought a Lenovo Thinkpad off eBay from a reputable seller, and it arrived today. It was advertised as having Windows 10 Pro on it, but actually came loaded with Windows 10 Education! It doesn't help matters that the CoA on the bottom of the laptop is for Windows 7 Pro....
  8. Switch licenses in Windows 10 - from Home to Pro

Switch licenses in Windows 10 - from Home to Pro: I've recently bought a notebook which came with Windows 10 Home. In my Microsoft device list, I also have an inactive Windows 10 Pro licence from another notebook which I wiped and installed linux over. Can I use that inactive (not marked as so, though) licence and add it...
  9. Can't switch from S Mode to Windows 10 Pro?

Can't switch from S Mode to Windows 10 Pro?: I just bought a new Surface Laptop and it came in S Mode, which I can't use because I need to download external software for both school and work. Every time I go to the page on the Windows Store and click 'Install", it always says 'something happened and we couldn't start...
  10. Switch to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 S

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Switch to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 S: How to: Switch from Windows 10 in S mode to Windows 10 Pro How to Switch from Windows 10 in S mode to Windows 10 Pro [img] Information S mode is an enhanced security mode of Windows 10. Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise in S mode powers affordable, cloud-ready devices...