Windows 10: Switching from Windows to Linux

Discus and support Switching from Windows to Linux in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello I am Nikhil Bansal and I am a college student. I am using original windows 10 but as per my college course curriculum I have to work on Linux. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NikhilBansal2, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Switching from Windows to Linux

Hello

I am Nikhil Bansal and I am a college student. I am using original windows 10 but as per my college course curriculum I have to work on Linux. I can switch to linux but then I will lost my original windows. Right?

So what should I do as I am a student and also wants to learn linux?

:)

NikhilBansal2, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Silverel Win User

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Dec 7, 2018
  3. panchoman Win User
    Would you switch to linux if...

would you switch to linux if you could game on linux as if on windows with no performance hit?

panchoman, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Switching from Windows to Linux

Windows Subsystem Linux

Hello,

We would like to know more about the issue you're experiencing with using
    Windows Subsystem for Linux
    . Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you developing a program, an app, or a software for Linux?
    • Is your Window 10 PC connected to a domain?
    • Are you managing a Windows Server PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you tell us the Version and OS build of your Windows 10 device? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type About your PC, and then press
      Enter.

We need the following information in order to determine if we need to refer your concern to the
    TechNet forums or the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) forums.

For now, we suggest reviewing these support articles to find out if there's an issue with the installation of
    Windows Subsystem for Linux:

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Switching from Windows to Linux

1. Switching from Windows to Linux - Similar Threads - Switching Linux

2. Can't switch from desktop to tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't switch from desktop to tablet mode: Having used W10 on the SurfacePro 2 with keyboard for several years, I suddenly find that I can only use desktop mode. When I try to switch to the tablet mode using the left hand windows icon on the task bar, the icon "greys out" and doesn't function, and from then on the...
  3. Speaker or HDMI sound play auto-switch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker or HDMI sound play auto-switch: I have two screens, one LCD and one HDMI TV screen. They are setup to as an extended large screen, so I can move my video player from one to the other by the mouse. I would like to set up, so that when I play video one the LCD screen, the sound played from the speaker, and...
  4. Speaker or HDMI sound play auto-switch

in Windows 10 Support
    Speaker or HDMI sound play auto-switch: I have two screens, one LCD and one HDMI TV screen. They are setup to as an extended large screen, so I can move my video player from one to the other by the mouse. I would like to set up, so that when I play video one the LCD screen, the sound played from the speaker, and...
  5. switch user button missing windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    switch user button missing windows 10: switch user button missing windows 10 how do I fix this? windows key + L and ctrl alt delete do not fix this I have to log out before logging in to another account please fix....
  6. should we all switch to linux ubuntu because windows cant keep up with viruses like the any...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    should we all switch to linux ubuntu because windows cant keep up with viruses like the any...: should we all switch to linux ubuntu because windows cant keep up with viruses like the any one know how to remove the Windows Product Key Virus that so far Microsoft has no clue about...
  7. On the verge to switching to Linux forever

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    On the verge to switching to Linux forever: If my pc crashes again for just some random reason, I'm leaving microsoft behind. Their updates just break more things than they fix. My boot time went from 10 seconds to over a minute. I'm done with companies that get away with everything and just screws over their customers...
  8. Linux VM - Virtual switch - How do I connect from another machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Linux VM - Virtual switch - How do I connect from another machine: Hi there help @Kari please --you must be getting sick of this but thanks really appreciate your time - networking isn't my strong speciality !!! I'll go back to the previous post once I'm all sorted but got a question here ifconfig for the VM shows address as...
  9. time date problem when switching between linux windows.

in Windows 10 Support
    time date problem when switching between linux windows.: Hi I have a strange thing with time settings. When i used Liniux mint 19 and when i change to windows the clock is set in windows 10 current time -2 houres for ex in Linux was in 22:01 well in windows wilt be 20:01 When i click right on the time Date/time setting Then i...
  10. BSOD Critical Process died- About to switch to Linux

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Critical Process died- About to switch to Linux: I have a custom built AMD PC I have had issues with this PC ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 I constantly get the Critical Process Died BSOD. I have gone over all the standard troubleshooting steps like: SFC /scannow Complete Windows 10 clean reload...