Windows 10: Switching Game download and install from C to D drive

Discus and support Switching Game download and install from C to D drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i recently bought sea of theives from the microsoft store and when it updated it came to my attention the game installed into the c drive not the d... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chasegordon1, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Switching Game download and install from C to D drive

i recently bought sea of theives from the microsoft store and when it updated it came to my attention the game installed into the c drive not the d which is much bigger.. its telling me i have to clear up space but there is not the space to be cleared on c i need to know how to switch it so that it downloads and installs into the d drive... please helpp

:)

chasegordon1, Sep 11, 2019

2. Installing to a second Drive. D: or external (Non Boot up Drives)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are looking for an option to move the game location from the C drive to the Drive D, which is an external drive.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that resolves your issue on both laptop and Desktop.

1. As usual install the game on the PC’s in
      C Drive.
    2. Insert the external
      D drive
      to the PC.
    3. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    4. Select Apps and click on
      Apps & features
      from the left pane.
    5. Search for the installed game from the list on the right pane.
    6. Single click on the game and select
      Move.
    7. Select the D drive under
      Choose a drive
      where you want to move the game.
    8. Restart the PC with the external drive connected and then launch the game.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Jan Del Win User
    D drive

Since the game is being downloaded to the temporary files of the drive C, it may create conflict when you install the downloaded game from temporary file C to drive D. We suggest to set-up your steam to download the game directly to drive D and check if
    you will get the same error message when you install it.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Sep 11, 2019
  4. ne0nn0se Win User

Switching Game download and install from C to D drive

C: Drive and D: Drive files switched after upgrade

Switching Game download and install from C to D drive [​IMG]

Switching Game download and install from C to D drive [​IMG]

All of my downloaded programs are located in the D: Drive

ne0nn0se, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Switching Game download and install from C to D drive

1. Switching Game download and install from C to D drive - Similar Threads - Switching Game download

2. C drive and D drive switches up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive and D drive switches up: Recently my cpu was hitting 100c so i changed the cooler and now its fine. But in the proces of doing so I accidently unplugged the sata cable from my hdd and plugged it back in. Since I did that now my c drive is my ssd and my d drive is my hdd. And now my c drive is...
  3. C drive and D drive switches up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive and D drive switches up: Recently my cpu was hitting 100c so i changed the cooler and now its fine. But in the proces of doing so I accidently unplugged the sata cable from my hdd and plugged it back in. Since I did that now my c drive is my ssd and my d drive is my hdd. And now my c drive is...
  4. C drive and D drive switches up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Change main download drive from C: to D:.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change main download drive from C: to D:.: Hello. I recently bought xbox game pass. I want to download to my bigger D: 1tb drive. When i set the setting to drive D: then it says it contains some apps from different machine and asks me yes or no if i want to delete them. I click yes and it says try again later and...
  6. Change main download drive from C: to D:.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change main download drive from C: to D:.: Hello. I recently bought xbox game pass. I want to download to my bigger D: 1tb drive. When i set the setting to drive D: then it says it contains some apps from different machine and asks me yes or no if i want to delete them. I click yes and it says try again later and...
  7. How to Switch Default Drive from C: to D:

How to Switch Default Drive from C: to D:: Hello, A while back my friend built a pc for me with a hard drive of about 230 gb. After a while I bought a 1tb hard drive and never got around to properly switching everything. Its connected and I have a few folders in it. Recently I ran out of storage on my c: drive and...
  8. Switch up my C and D drive

Switch up my C and D drive: Hello, I have decided to reinstall my Windows 10, because previously my windows has installed on C drive - which is for some reason 1TB HDD, and then D drive - which is 128 SSD. I would like to ask how can I switch these two so my windows can install on SSD marked as C...
  9. How to switch C: and D: drive

How to switch C: and D: drive: Hi all! I have this weird problem where my C: drive is de HDD and the SSD in my system is the D: drive. Yesterday I used the paid version of AOMEI to clone the Windows 10 system to the SSD. That worked for the evening. Today, when I booted my system up, everything was...
  10. Help with installing games to D drive instead of C.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help with installing games to D drive instead of C.: Yesterday I purchased the Xbox Game pass ultimate for PC. I only have the option to install games onto my C drive, but there's not enough space on it. Whenever I try to install games on my D drive it states, "This location isn't set up for installing games.Set it as your...