Windows 10: Switching keyboards/languages

Discus and support Switching keyboards/languages in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have only one language and two layouts of keyboard defined in Windows 10. But in panel when switching there are 4 possibilities! WHY? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JŠ, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Win User

Switching keyboards/languages

I have only one language and two layouts of keyboard defined in Windows 10. But in panel when switching there are 4 possibilities! WHY?

Switching keyboards/languages b61da0ec-0c51-4733-891d-b9e0bfef0d5d?upload=true.png

:)

2. Isha Soni Win User

Windows 10 Keyboard switch language

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

Have you added Portuguese language to the keyboard?

Follow the steps:

• Click/tap Change PC settings.
    • Click/tap on the Time and Language.
    • Click/tap on the Region and language.
    • Under "Languages" click/tap on the Add languages.
    • Choose your language
    • Now you have two languages on your Keyboard.
    • To make new language the main language tap the new language and tap on "Set as primary".
    • To switch between keyboard languages use the shortcut Shift +
      Alt.

Also refer:
    Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Switch bilingual keyboard to English language on Windows 10.

Hello Ray,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• What is the keyboard default language set on your PC?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

Method 1: I suggest you to
    download the keyboard language from the Settings page by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.

• Select Time & Language from the options shown in the window.

• Click on Region & Language from the left side panel, click on
      English language under Added language and click on
      Options.

• Check if you have downloaded the Language Pack,
      Speech and Keyboard language from the window. Download the pending language pack and check if the issue is resolved.

• If the issue persist, go to Region & language window, select
      English language and click on Set as Default.

• Close the page and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to manually
    update the keyboard drivers from device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard and select
      Device Manager.

• Expand Keyboards option.

• Right click on the keyboard driver and select
      Update
      option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

• After updating, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write back to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Switching keyboards/languages - Similar Threads - Switching keyboards languages

2. Shortcut to switch keyboard language?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut to switch keyboard language?: I have always used either Alt + Shift or Windows Key + Space Bar to change the language option on my laptop from English to Korean but recently I can't change the actual keybaord language until I manually click on the A in the language bar. I swear there used to be a keyboard...
  3. Shortcut to switch keyboard language?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut to switch keyboard language?: I have always used either Alt + Shift or Windows Key + Space Bar to change the language option on my laptop from English to Korean but recently I can't change the actual keybaord language until I manually click on the A in the language bar. I swear there used to be a keyboard...
  4. Switch Keyboard Languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch Keyboard Languages: Hi all,Had this issue in the past, now again with Windows 11 even when Windows 11 is fresh installed. My old thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-languages/64a40c2c-73a6-420e-a0df-33062d2b31ce4 Languages are shown in the Keyboard Languages...
  5. Switch Keyboard Languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch Keyboard Languages: Hi all,Had this issue in the past, now again with Windows 11 even when Windows 11 is fresh installed. My old thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-languages/64a40c2c-73a6-420e-a0df-33062d2b31ce4 Languages are shown in the Keyboard Languages...
  6. Language keyboard layout switching issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language keyboard layout switching issue: Hello, Since a few weeks, I have some troubles with the language preferences : I'm a french user of a qwerty keyboard because qwerty is the best<3 but obviously, I need to switch to the french layout when I want to type the accented letters. For more than a year I had no...
  7. Keyboard language when switching accounts

Keyboard language when switching accounts: My wife and I share the same Windows 10 laptop however she is French speaking and prefers a French keyboard and I prefer an English keyboard. Whenever we switch accounts, the keyboard language follows. So meaning if I set the keyboard to English in my account and then she...
  8. Keyboard language switching/behaviour

Keyboard language switching/behaviour: Hi, I'm sorry if this was asked before. Tried to find such question but search wasn't very helpful... Can someone tell me please when it is planned to get in Windows 10 keyboard switching experience from Windows 7 and earlier i.e. keyboard language setting per application,...
  9. Keyboard shortcuts for language switch not happening

Keyboard shortcuts for language switch not happening: This is probably a simple question. But i'm not familiar with Windows. And i did try searching on google. But I couldnt find an answer. So here it goes. I want to use the keyboard shortcuts to switch between languages. I am using Windows 10. Therefore , using the...
  10. Keyboard switching languages

Keyboard switching languages: Sometimes, when I type in English my keyboard turns in the German mode but the indicator shows that it is English. It is really a problem, because keyboard layout is different. I have Surface pro 4 with Windows 10....