Windows 10: Switching Mobo,CPU, RAM. Switching Intel to AMD. Need Sysprep? Help

Discus and support Switching Mobo,CPU, RAM. Switching Intel to AMD. Need Sysprep? Help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Anyone have experience upgrading a motherboard, cpu, ram all at once? im switching from intel to AMD cpu. BIOS on the motherboard stock is good for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mocrispyy, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Switching Mobo,CPU, RAM. Switching Intel to AMD. Need Sysprep? Help

Anyone have experience upgrading a motherboard, cpu, ram all at once? im switching from intel to AMD cpu. BIOS on the motherboard stock is good for the CPU i checked, but since im switching intel to AMD and i want to keep my windows installation do i NEED to run a sysprep? I'd like to just run it , install parts, and go. But sysprep is being a bitch and giving me "can't validate windows installation" error. I have read that windows 10 is flexible enough to not require sysprep and that it will just detect my new hardware and adjust as long as bios is good. can anyone comment on this?

submitted by /u/Mocrispyy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mocrispyy, Aug 28, 2020
  2. kressnik Win User

Motherboard switch

I am going to replace my motherboard (as well as my CPU and RAM), and as far as I know it is a bad thing for Windows. Is there a way to retain my working version of Windows without having to re-install it? I am switching from AMD to Intel, so pretty sure
    simply taking out one mobo and putting in another one won't be enough.

kressnik, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Changing my MOBO and CPU a

I'm doing PC upgrades and changes entirely for my new mini-itx build.

I'm not sure about how the process would work, but what are the appropriate steps I need to undertake before making my changes?

• My personal data and files are backed up to my Onedrive, and have nothing to lose in terms of data.
    • I have an additional copy of Windows 10 (but would prefer not to use it in-case I do another PC build).
    • My MOBO and CPU upgrades are polar opposites of my current hardware:
      • OLD HARDWARE
        • Intel i5 6500
        • AsRock Killer MOBO
      • New Hardware
        • AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
        • Asus Strix X-470
    This is my first time doing a particular change so guiding steps would be greatly appreciated! Things like how to wipe my hard-drive and reinstall Windows, etc.

Chris Anguiano, Aug 28, 2020
  4. LaytonJnr Win User

Switching Mobo,CPU, RAM. Switching Intel to AMD. Need Sysprep? Help

Switching from AMD to Intel

I would always suggest backing up your personal files and then doing a fresh install of Windows 7. Its much easier to install the drivers for your new hardware this way. You could plug and play... and then spend hours diagnosing, fixing problems, changing drivers, etc.

Layton

LaytonJnr, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Switching Mobo,CPU, RAM. Switching Intel to AMD. Need Sysprep? Help

1. Switching Mobo,CPU, RAM. Switching Intel to AMD. Need Sysprep? Help - Similar Threads - Switching Mobo CPU

2. Switched Mobo and CPU and PC keeps freezing/blue screening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Switched Mobo and CPU and PC keeps freezing/blue screening: I just switched my pc from an ASUS ROG Strix Z370f Gaming motherboard and 8700k to an MSI MPG Z690 EDGE Wi-Fi motherboard and 13700k. The computer posts just fine, but will freeze or blue screen after no more than 10 minutes. I have tried reactivating windows, updating...
  3. Switched Mobo and CPU and PC keeps freezing/blue screening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switched Mobo and CPU and PC keeps freezing/blue screening: I just switched my pc from an ASUS ROG Strix Z370f Gaming motherboard and 8700k to an MSI MPG Z690 EDGE Wi-Fi motherboard and 13700k. The computer posts just fine, but will freeze or blue screen after no more than 10 minutes. I have tried reactivating windows, updating...
  4. Switched Mobo and CPU and PC keeps freezing/blue screening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sysprep help needed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sysprep help needed: I am trying to sysprep a laptop and have done so successfully with this model in the past but it is not working. I just upgraded this to version 20H2. The error is below. Any help would be appreciated. Info SYSPRP...
  6. Need help switching to a new SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help switching to a new SSD: I have a HDD and I just got a SSD and I'm trying to switch. I tried using Macrium to clone my previous hard drive, but it failed and told me to run "chkdsk C: /r" in cmd, so I did. I restarted my pc and after about 40 mins I got BSoD. I restarted again and the repair was...
  7. Switching from Intel to AMD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching from Intel to AMD: Which means reinstallation of Windows 10. I just need to know what will happen to those software that are installed anywhere else than C:/ ? Will they run on the new Win 10 as expected? How about their registry keys? submitted by /u/Shantanu08_YT [link] [comments]...
  8. Switch from Intel to Amd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switch from Intel to Amd: Hello guys, I need help with my graphic card, I have 2 graphic cards, Intel and amd7400 on my laptop hp pavilion g6. I need to switch graphics to Amd because a long time ago, a friend maybe did something on these graphic cards because he said that will save energy for me...
  9. Need help with GPU switching

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with GPU switching: Hello there! Here is my problem: I bought a laptop with a dedicated graphics card and I'd like to play minecraft on it. I only recently noticed that minecraft runs using the integrated intel graphics instead of the dedicated one. Other games work fine with GPU switching but...
  10. Swapping MoBo and CPU from Intel to AMD without reinstalling

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Swapping MoBo and CPU from Intel to AMD without reinstalling: Hi, I'm swapping from Intel to AMD tomorrow, so drivers are gonna be very borked. Do I need to reinstall fresh, or can I just swap the hard drive and reboot, letting win update fix it and manually uninstalling old drivers? (my licence is linked to my account already) If I...