Windows 10: Switching NTP Client from one NTP server to another

Discus and support Switching NTP Client from one NTP server to another in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello all,I am struggling a bit with NTP synchronization and seeking some help.I configured a windows server as an NTP server. And I configured several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Varghese Sam Eralil, May 21, 2024.

1. Switching NTP Client from one NTP server to another

Hello all,I am struggling a bit with NTP synchronization and seeking some help.I configured a windows server as an NTP server. And I configured several clients to sync their time with this server.Now I am finding a small skew between one of the clients PC-A and the server after a couple of months.When i try to resync, it always shows sync successful. And it shows me the IP address of the server in the adjust date/time page. But when i run the command w32tm /query /configuration, it shows me the IP address of the NTP server to be a different machine lets call it PC-B.Now, this rogue PC-A an

:)

Varghese Sam Eralil, May 21, 2024
  2. AMDCam Win User

NTP Help

Hi guys, I know this is not the site for bull**** networking but you've been the most reliable tech site I've ever been on for any computer stuff. So I've got a question about a network. I'm with the Marines, and we're running secure networks branching off from everywhere. I mean I'm in Japan right now. But we're trying to sync our hardware (Cisco devices, switches and routers) to NTP. I created a test setup with a router, easy as pie to sync that, but it was a direct connection from the router to our linksys gateway directly to the ISP. But in the real setup, we pull NTP data on every piece of hardware I set up to sync...we just don't sync. "Show NTP associations" shows full reach, stratum 3 servers all working perfect but our offsets are off (I'd love to know what the numbers for offset mean), but show ntp status shows no synchronization, not even a hint that it realizes it's got a working NTP server to pull off of. NTP is supposed to be an easy setup, but for over a month now myself and everyone I know have tried everything from our end to get a sync and we got nothing. Maybe it's not close enough to the NTP time, so we set the time and timezone a billion times, nothing there. I'm assuming since we can pull data from NTP servers, the port's gotta be open right? If it's impossible to sync because somewhere along the way a firewall is blocking it's UDP port, that's totally cool, then I'll have an excuse as to why we're gonna have to manually set clocks. But the fact that it pulls information (diagnostics at least, ping, offset, freq, stratum) I feel like we should be able to pull time, we just can't for some reason. If you guys have any idea what I can do please let me know. Thank you

AMDCam, May 21, 2024
  3. erictang5 Win User
    How to maintain only 1 NTP server sycronization to the domain server & clients.

NTP Time services not standardise as to follow 1 Domain server instead of 3 other NTP time Servers

erictang5, May 21, 2024
  4. Switching NTP Client from one NTP server to another

W11 Pro NTP Client Fails

If you go to Windows settings > Time & Language > Date & Time > Additional Clocks > Internet Time > Change settings > you should be able to manually try any listed NTP server.

The Windows.com one never works for me so when I've seen this problem I use the other listed one. That's all I got for that as that's all that's ever been (as far as I've ever seen).

A note on that Python script which I feel is not correct way of thinking here. Its not checking NTP the same so its rather worthless. The script you linked is only trying from the router assigned IP "client.sendto(data, (addr, 123)) where addr='192.168.99.1'" while more correctly would be connecting to an NTP server directly as in this linked script: "client.sendto( data.encode('utf-8'), ( NTP_SERVER, 123 )) where NTP_SERVER = "0.uk.pool.ntp.org"" Python Network Programming Cookbook - Second Edition Mind you that I don't really care what the router is doing there.

Hope the best Switching NTP Client from one NTP server to another :)

--dashdotdot, May 21, 2024
Thema:

Switching NTP Client from one NTP server to another

1. Switching NTP Client from one NTP server to another - Similar Threads - Switching NTP Client

2. Switching NTP Client from one NTP server to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching NTP Client from one NTP server to another: Hello all,I am struggling a bit with NTP synchronization and seeking some help.I configured a windows server as an NTP server. And I configured several clients to sync their time with this server.Now I am finding a small skew between one of the clients PC-A and the server...
  3. Switching NTP Client from one NTP server to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Switching NTP Client from one NTP server to another: Hello all,I am struggling a bit with NTP synchronization and seeking some help.I configured a windows server as an NTP server. And I configured several clients to sync their time with this server.Now I am finding a small skew between one of the clients PC-A and the server...
  4. Windowsbasierte NTP-Server und nicht windowsbasierte Clients

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windowsbasierte NTP-Server und nicht windowsbasierte Clients: Hallo zusammen,ich verstehe das Verhalten der Stammabweichung von Windows NTP-Servern nicht ganz.Ich würde gerne ein Netzwerk aus windowsbasierten und nicht windowsbasierten Geräten aufbauen.Dazu möchte ich einen Rechner mit Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC Version 1809 als...
  5. Windowsbasierte NTP-Server und nicht windowsbasierte Clients

Windowsbasierte NTP-Server und nicht windowsbasierte Clients: Hallo zusammen,ich verstehe das Verhalten der Stammabweichung von Windows NTP-Servern nicht ganz.Ich würde gerne ein Netzwerk aus windowsbasierten und nicht windowsbasierten Geräten aufbauen.Dazu möchte ich einen Rechner mit Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC Version 1809 als...
  6. Windowsbasierte NTP-Server und nicht windowsbasierte Clients

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. W11 Pro NTP Client Fails

W11 Pro NTP Client Fails: I just upgraded my GPU from Nvidia to AMD which caused some random crashing, even after using gpu driver removal tool, so I did a clean install of W11 Pro which seems to have fixed it. However the Windows NTP Client is not working now. It did work before."An error occurred...
  8. ntp server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntp server: HiAll our client PCs are syncronizing time with the domain controller.Problem is I have changed the time provider on the controller, and the client PCs are currently 4min behind the domain controller.How to I force all clients to sync now remotely as I do not have phyical...
  9. ntp server

ntp server: HiAll our client PCs are syncronizing time with the domain controller.Problem is I have changed the time provider on the controller, and the client PCs are currently 4min behind the domain controller.How to I force all clients to sync now remotely as I do not have phyical...
  10. Log NTP client pull requests

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Log NTP client pull requests: Hello, I've setup a windows 10 pro as an NTP server with a raspberry pi as a client. And I want to log the requests that the raspberry pi is making in windows. Is there any way to do it? submitted by /u/Mundane_Bid_7438 [link] [comments]...