Windows 10: Switching off internal computer speakers

Discus and support Switching off internal computer speakers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is a subject that has been raised before but Microsoft seems to refuse to answer. As a result of a previous update to Windows 10, the internal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnTrevorXX, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Switching off internal computer speakers

This is a subject that has been raised before but Microsoft seems to refuse to answer. As a result of a previous update to Windows 10, the internal computer speakers work as well as the external sound system. There is no apparent way to switch off the internal speakers and just have the external sound system working. A previous contributor suggested that Microsoft had a solution to this bug but wouldn't elaborate. This seemed very childish.

I ask the question again: Could someone give a step by step process for switching off internal computer speakers AND leaving the external speakers working. I have tried every setting but nothing fixes the problem. Surely this isn't rocket science and it would be easy for Microsoft to write a bug fix???

Lack of action just infuriates users unnecessarily.

:)

JohnTrevorXX, Nov 15, 2018

2. Internal Conexant Audio speakers are "unconnected"

Hi,

For further assistance regarding the "unconnected" status of your internal audio speaker, we would like to gather more information:

• Was the update installed manually or automatically?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Had sound; unhooked to repair another computer; now sound from internal speaker o n l y ! !

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. What exactly do you mean by "internal speaker"?

3. Is there any audio port in the monitor?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

1. Right click on the sound icon in the taskbar and select "playback devices".

2. If the monitor speaker is listed, check if its enabled.

3. If its enabled, set it as default and check if it helps.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Switching off internal computer speakers

windows 10 ruined my internal speakers

Hi,

Method 1: I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2:
    Un-install and re-install latest speaker drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.

• Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

• Right click on the speaker drivers and select
      “Uninstall”.
    Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Jenith_James, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

Switching off internal computer speakers

1. Switching off internal computer speakers - Similar Threads - Switching off internal

2. Computer not recognizing internal speakers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not recognizing internal speakers?: I have been using this computer for a bit and i didn't face any problems relating to sound. One day, i tried using my bluetooth headset with it and since then I can't play any sound without them. When they're not connected the icon of the volume shows the red x as if it's...
  3. Computer not recognizing internal speakers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not recognizing internal speakers?: I have been using this computer for a bit and i didn't face any problems relating to sound. One day, i tried using my bluetooth headset with it and since then I can't play any sound without them. When they're not connected the icon of the volume shows the red x as if it's...
  4. Computer not recognizing internal speakers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Computer internal speakers are not available anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer internal speakers are not available anymore: Today I opened my computer and the sound was no longer working, my computer speakers no longer show up in sound settings or device manager, only my headphones and steam streaming speakers do. I have restarted my computer and troubleshooted audio but nothing has worked. Could...
  6. Computer internal speakers are not available anymore

Computer internal speakers are not available anymore: Today I opened my computer and the sound was no longer working, my computer speakers no longer show up in sound settings or device manager, only my headphones and steam streaming speakers do. I have restarted my computer and troubleshooted audio but nothing has worked. Could...
  7. Computer internal speakers are not available anymore

8. Internal computer speakers disappeared

Internal computer speakers disappeared: Hi there Suddenly my internal computer speakers disappeared, I've tried to google my way out of this but nothing I'm on a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 The speakers don't even pop up on Device Manager What happened and how can i fix it? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] 165713
  9. Internal Speakers

Internal Speakers: Where do I find my internal speakers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers/fad8aded-c6c6-4c95-9782-d4909ad2506a
  10. About internal speaker on my computer

About internal speaker on my computer: Greg, I don't know if you have any answer to this one as it's a different problem that i had before on the other motherboard and i am just not able to get it resolved. This has to do with the internal speaker. I had the exact same problem with the old motherboard that they...