Windows 10: Switching out of Windows 10 Home in S Mode

Discus and support Switching out of Windows 10 Home in S Mode in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home in S Mode and want to run an "unnverified by Microsoft" app on my machine, but I can't. It prompted me to go to Microsoft Store... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by BarbaraMilham, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Switching out of Windows 10 Home in S Mode

I have Windows 10 Home in S Mode and want to run an "unnverified by Microsoft" app on my machine, but I can't. It prompted me to go to Microsoft Store to change to Windows 10 Home for free in order to do so, and when I do, it won't work. After selecting the "Get" button on the item in the Microsoft Store, I get the message "Working On It" and just stay on this same screen and progress no further. This has happened continually over the 2 days. What else can I try?

:)

BarbaraMilham, Apr 7, 2021

2. Unable to switch out of Windows 10S mode.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulty you are facing. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. May I know the model number of the system?
    2. Could you please provide the screenshot of the page where you are not able see Get button by referring to

How to include a screenshot in your post
      ?

We would suggest you to refer
    Switching out of S mode in Windows 10
    and
    Fix problems switching Windows modes in Microsoft Store
    and try performing troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article and check if it resolves the issue.

Regards,

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Switching out of Windows 10 Home in S Mode

Can't switch out from Windows 10 S mode

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to switch from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 home/Pro Version. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the error message you are getting?
    • Are you using a school/university account to sign in to the Microsoft store
    • Are you connected to a domain/organization network?

Windows 10 in S mode is designed for security and performance, exclusively running apps from the Microsoft Store. If you want to install an app that isn't available in the Microsoft Store, you'll need to switch out of S mode. Switching
    out of S mode is one-way. If you make the switch, you won't be able to go back to Windows 10 in S mode. There's no charge to switch out of S mode. Please refer the below article:

Switching out of S mode in Windows 10

Windows 10 in S mode FAQ

Meanwhile you can perform these steps and check.

Step 1: Try resetting the Microsoft Store and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘wsreset’ and hit enter.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: Sign out, and sign in again to the Microsoft Store and check if you are able to Switch out of S mode.

1. Open Microsoft Store, click on the profile icon and select
      Sign out.
    2. Now, click on the profile icon again and select
      sign in
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions and sign in with the account.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Switching out of Windows 10 Home in S Mode

1. Switching out of Windows 10 Home in S Mode - Similar Threads - Switching Home Mode

2. Switching out of Windows 10 Home in S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching out of Windows 10 Home in S mode: Hello, I would like to know how I could switch out of S Mode. I do know how to do it but whenever I go into the store and I am on the right page it says Check with your IT or system administrator. Could somebody please help me with this. I have inserted a picture of what it...
  3. Switching out of Windows 10 Home in S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching out of Windows 10 Home in S mode: Hello, I would like to know how I could switch out of S Mode. I do know how to do it but whenever I go into the store and I am on the right page it says Check with your IT or system administrator. Could somebody please help me with this. I have inserted a picture of what it...
  4. Switching out of Windows 10 Home in S mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. switching out of s mode on windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    switching out of s mode on windows 10: I have done everything and windows 10 will not let me switch out of s mode. I have to download an app and I cant until it is switched out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-out-of-s-mode-on-windows-10/6feb561b-5a1d-42a2-b6b4-780b4d1d7af3
  6. Switching out of S mode - windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching out of S mode - windows 10: I tried your suggestion on how to switch out of S mode.... by going to "Settings" then "Update and Security" then "Activation" but there is NO "switch to windows10 home" or "switch to windows 10 pro" section on the page, to click on the "go to the store" link. Can you...
  7. Switch out of Windows 10 S mode.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Switch out of Windows 10 S mode.: I need to turn off Windows 10 S mode from a new Lenovo Yoga. The only indication that it is in S mode is a pop-up states that I need to switch out of S mode to download some necessary software. I have scoured youtube and the net to find a solution and none is forthcoming....
  8. Is it worth switching out of Windows 10 Home S Mode for Dropbox?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it worth switching out of Windows 10 Home S Mode for Dropbox?: I use Dropbox for work (I work from home as a writer). I have a laptop (W10 Home S Mode) and desktop (no longer in S Mode - someone else’s doing) and my iPhone & iPad which I work from. I like to save my current files to my Dropbox while writing and be able to close out and...
  9. Can't switch out of S mode on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't switch out of S mode on Windows 10 Home: I just bought a new computer and it came with Windows 10 S automatically installed. I tried following the instructions on google by going into settings, but the option under "activation" is not there at all. So I found the option in the actual Microsoft Store, but it won't...
  10. Switching out of s mode on windows10 home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching out of s mode on windows10 home: It seems that depending on who's manufacturing the pc , you are not able to switch out of s mode. Lenovo's version of windows 10 home is such a case. If anybody knows how i can download IDM on this pc or a similar program, that would allow me to download YOUTUBE , I would...