Windows 10: Switching out of Windows S mode without signing into the store

Discus and support Switching out of Windows S mode without signing into the store in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Current build is 1903. I'm setting up a customer's machine and I'm trying to switch it out of S mode. The store is asking me to sign in to do so. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cheeseburgersanddope, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Switching out of Windows S mode without signing into the store

Current build is 1903. I'm setting up a customer's machine and I'm trying to switch it out of S mode. The store is asking me to sign in to do so. Is there a way around this? I don't want to have an account of mine tied to this machine at all.

submitted by /u/cheeseburgersanddope
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cheeseburgersanddope, Jan 21, 2020

2. Error trying to switch out of Windows 10 in S mode

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while switching out of S mode on your PC.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1:

Try resetting the Microsoft Store and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘wsreset’ and hit enter.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Method 2:

Sign out, and sign in again to the Microsoft Store and check if you are able to Switch out of S mode.

1. Open Microsoft Store, click on the
      profile icon and select Sign out.
    2. Now, click on the profile icon again and select
      sign in.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions and sign in with the account.

Method 3:

Create a new user account and then sign in to Microsoft Store and then switch out of S mode.
    Refer the article
    Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

If the issue persist, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to Switch out of S mode

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the issue you are facing in switching out of S mode, we will look into this for you. However, we will need the following information from you:

• When you say, “I have installed a fresh version of windows 10 on my pc and was put into windows S mode because of not having a windows key at the time” is Windows 10 activated on the computer currently?
    • Do you get any error message/code?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did Windows 10 S come pre-installed on the computer?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

Method 1: Reset Microsoft Store

You can try resetting Microsoft Store and check if that helps. Type
    wsreset
    in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
    Enter
    . A command prompt window will open and reset Store. Once done open Microsoft Store and try switching out of S mode.

Method 2: Sign out and Sign in

You can also try signing out and signing in back to the store and then try switching out of S mode. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Microsoft Store, click on the
      profile icon and select Sign out.
    2. Now, click on the profile icon again and select
      sign in.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions and sign in with the account.

Method 3: New user account

If Method 1 and 2 doesn’t help, create a new user account, sign in to store with the Microsoft account and try switching out of S mode. Refer the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account.

For more information, please refer the article
    Windows 10 in S mode FAQ

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Switching out of Windows S mode without signing into the store

Switching out of S Mode

I am having trouble switching my laptop out of S Mode. I went through the steps that are listed, and the Windows Store is updated and it won't let me click Get when you go to the screen to switch out of S mode.

ChelseaSmith3, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

Switching out of Windows S mode without signing into the store

1. Switching out of Windows S mode without signing into the store - Similar Threads - Switching mode without

2. How to switch out of S Mode without internet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch out of S Mode without internet?: I had to reset my mother's laptop with a Windows 10 ISO but the system won't let me turn off this stupid S Mode, the wireless driver is gone, I can't install a driver for internet, I can't install a normal W10 ISO, what the **** is this? And please don't give me that tutorial...
  3. How to switch out of S Mode without internet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch out of S Mode without internet?: I had to reset my mother's laptop with a Windows 10 ISO but the system won't let me turn off this stupid S Mode, the wireless driver is gone, I can't install a driver for internet, I can't install a normal W10 ISO, what the **** is this? And please don't give me that tutorial...
  4. How to switch out of S Mode without internet?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Switching out of S-Mode but store is "working on it"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Switching out of S-Mode but store is "working on it": I have a week old computer -- everything is updated -- it WAS switched out of S Mode the day I got it, but this morning it has reverted to S Mode and now the store won't move past "working on it" when I press the "get" button. I've tried searching for solutions and see none -...
  6. 'Switch Out of S Mode' unavailable in the store

'Switch Out of S Mode' unavailable in the store: This is a new laptop running Windows 10 Home in S Mode, and I am trying to switch into a regular vesion of Windows 10 Home. However no matter what I try, Switch out of S Mode will not appear on the store. Following the instructions only leads me to this error: [ATTACH]...
  7. Switching out of S Mode

Switching out of S Mode: I recently received a new laptop. It is in Windows S Mode, which prevents me from using programs that I need. When I try to got to the Microsoft Store to switch out of S Mode, I get an error message that says "Try Again Later - Something happened on our end." My OS is up to...
  8. Switching out of S mode in the Store

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching out of S mode in the Store: I bought a new HP laptop and it's currently stuck in S Mode. When I go to the Microsoft Store and click on Get to switch out of S Mode I keep getting an error saying to "Try again later" and "Something happened on our end." I've made sure to have to most recent update of the...
  9. Switching out of S Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching out of S Mode: Someone please assist me, I am trying to switch out of S Mode but having no luck following instructions on given links, I don't seem to have the same options as others, when I go onto store, it says to contact administrator even though I am. I need to download Cricut to...
  10. No Switch Out of S Mode in App Store

No Switch Out of S Mode in App Store: When I go to the app store, the page for the Switch Out of S Mode option is blank. This is a new laptop I have had for only two weeks. I want to download something from other than the Microsoft app store, but can't because of the S Mode....