Windows 10: Switching out of Windows S

Discus and support Switching out of Windows S in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just purchased a new HP that starts with Windows 10 S. When I try to follow the steps to switch out of S mode: Settings -> Activiation There is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RebeccaWf, Jun 8, 2019.

1. RebeccaWf Win User

Switching out of Windows S

I just purchased a new HP that starts with Windows 10 S.

When I try to follow the steps to switch out of S mode:

Settings -> Activiation

There is no option to Switch from S mode, only to Upgrade to Pro in S mode.

If I go to the Store and search 'Switch out of S Mode', it gives the information, but the 'Get' is not clickable, and it says I need my IT or system administrations permission - this is MY new computer, how do I not have access.

So can I switch or not?

:)

RebeccaWf, Jun 8, 2019

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jun 8, 2019
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Switching out of Windows S

Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Switching out of Windows S

1. Switching out of Windows S - Similar Threads - Switching

2. How to create an Internet Kill Switch on Windows 11/10?

in Windows 10 News
    How to create an Internet Kill Switch on Windows 11/10?: [IMG]In this post, we are going to show you how to create an internet kill switch on Windows 11/10. It is mostly used in a panic situation when you need to disconnect your internet quickly. Thus, it is also known as a Panic Button. What is the kill switch on Windows internet?...
  3. Improve switch apps Ctrl + Alt + Tab when using multi monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Improve switch apps Ctrl + Alt + Tab when using multi monitors: In Window, when we use two or three monitors, we use hot key Ctrl + Alt + Tab to open switch apps, all apps appear on main monitor, include apps of extra monitors, this one is really annoyed due to there are many apps on the main monitor, spend a lot of time to look up app to...
  4. Improve switch apps Ctrl + Alt + Tab when using multi monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Improve switch apps Ctrl + Alt + Tab when using multi monitors: In Window, when we use two or three monitors, we use hot key Ctrl + Alt + Tab to open switch apps, all apps appear on main monitor, include apps of extra monitors, this one is really annoyed due to there are many apps on the main monitor, spend a lot of time to look up app to...
  5. windows 11 home on new asus laptop - cannot switch off s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 home on new asus laptop - cannot switch off s mode: hello there,i tried to switch off s mode on my new Asus windows 11 home, in all possible ways, but everytime i follow the instructions, i get the prompt: Sorry, something went wrong. We're trying to make it right. Please refresh or try again later. How can I solve this...
  6. windows 11 home on new asus laptop - cannot switch off s mode

windows 11 home on new asus laptop - cannot switch off s mode: hello there,i tried to switch off s mode on my new Asus windows 11 home, in all possible ways, but everytime i follow the instructions, i get the prompt: Sorry, something went wrong. We're trying to make it right. Please refresh or try again later. How can I solve this...
  7. How to switch backlight brightness & color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch backlight brightness & color: Hi, I have a Dell Latitude 5491 i5 8th Generation 32 GB RAM 1000 GB SSD.How do I change backlight color and brightness. Any Reply is appreciated thanks!...
  8. How to switch backlight brightness & color

How to switch backlight brightness & color: Hi, I have a Dell Latitude 5491 i5 8th Generation 32 GB RAM 1000 GB SSD.How do I change backlight color and brightness. Any Reply is appreciated thanks!...
  9. I am having an issue switching out of s mode on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having an issue switching out of s mode on windows 11: on windows 11, I went through the process and received the confirmation that I was switched out of s mode. I rebooted, but it still says i am in s mode. when I try the switch process again the page juts seems stuck saying "working on it..."...
  10. I am having an issue switching out of s mode on windows 11

I am having an issue switching out of s mode on windows 11: on windows 11, I went through the process and received the confirmation that I was switched out of s mode. I rebooted, but it still says i am in s mode. when I try the switch process again the page juts seems stuck saying "working on it..."...