Windows 10: Switching over to new desktop

Discus and support Switching over to new desktop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I wish to buy a new all-in-one Lenovo desktop with DOS, and install my SSD with the licenced Windows 10 operating system and MS Office Professional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dr RajeevPriya, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Switching over to new desktop

I wish to buy a new all-in-one Lenovo desktop with DOS, and install my SSD with the licenced Windows 10 operating system and MS Office Professional Plus pre-installed in it. The lenovo guy says I can do this by replacing the Optical Drive with the SSD in the same slot. Please guide feasibility of this. Thanks

:)

Dr RajeevPriya, Apr 22, 2019

2. Windows 10 switching desktops (bug)

• Press 'Windows' key. It opens the 'Start' menu.
    • Switch to any other desktop than current desktop using 'Ctrl' + 'Windows' + '->' (or '<-')
    • Press escape ( to get rid of 'start' menu)
    When I am taken back to the old desktop ( from where I switched to the new desktop).

Is this a bug ? Sometimes while switching desktops, I accidentally press the windows key which reproduces this issue and it is irritating.

Preet Sai Mutneja, Apr 22, 2019
  3. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Apr 22, 2019
  4. Switching over to new desktop

New Apps not showing anywhere

Hi Simon,

I would suggest you add create a shortcut to these programs in the Desktop till we fix this issue. You can right click on the frequently used programs and select 'Send to Desktop' to create a shortcut for that program in Desktop. To troubleshoot this issue,
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
    • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

Switching over to new desktop

1. Switching over to new desktop - Similar Threads - Switching desktop

2. Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...: The multiple virtual desktop feature is, in theory, a great idea but I run into a consistent issue with it. Lets say I have Excel open on "Desktop 1". I then create a new desktop, "Desktop 2". If I double click on an Excel file while using Desktop 2, Windows switches me back...
  3. Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...: The multiple virtual desktop feature is, in theory, a great idea but I run into a consistent issue with it. Lets say I have Excel open on "Desktop 1". I then create a new desktop, "Desktop 2". If I double click on an Excel file while using Desktop 2, Windows switches me back...
  4. Windows 11 taskbar icons disappear after switching desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar icons disappear after switching desktop: I've updated my work laptop to windows 11 recently and i see a very annoying glitch of app icons on taskbar disappearing from time to time see screenshot.The issue is reproduced when switching between desktops Ctrl + Win + Right/Left arrow or trackpad swipe with 4 fingers....
  5. Windows 11 taskbar icons disappear after switching desktop

Windows 11 taskbar icons disappear after switching desktop: I've updated my work laptop to windows 11 recently and i see a very annoying glitch of app icons on taskbar disappearing from time to time see screenshot.The issue is reproduced when switching between desktops Ctrl + Win + Right/Left arrow or trackpad swipe with 4 fingers....
  6. How to remove all login requirements on Windows 10 desktop - but not switch to local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove all login requirements on Windows 10 desktop - but not switch to local account: I need to remotely access one of my desktops from another using Microsoft's Remote Desktop Connection. For ease of use, I need the remote desktop to just boot straight up without pins or passwords mainly because I have no monitor connected to it full-time.I came across a...
  7. How to remove all login requirements on Windows 10 desktop - but not switch to local account

How to remove all login requirements on Windows 10 desktop - but not switch to local account: I need to remotely access one of my desktops from another using Microsoft's Remote Desktop Connection. For ease of use, I need the remote desktop to just boot straight up without pins or passwords mainly because I have no monitor connected to it full-time.I came across a...
  8. How to remove all login requirements on Windows 10 desktop - but not switch to local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. When I switch to a different desktop, all my taskbar programs get rearranged at random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I switch to a different desktop, all my taskbar programs get rearranged at random: This is extremely annoying. I constantly switch between desktops by pressing Ctrl+Windows+ArrowKey, and it makes it so that if I set up an order on my taskbar icons and swap desktops, the order shuffles at random, and sometimes the taskbar icons become invisible. I really...
  10. When I switch to a different desktop, all my taskbar programs get rearranged at random

When I switch to a different desktop, all my taskbar programs get rearranged at random: This is extremely annoying. I constantly switch between desktops by pressing Ctrl+Windows+ArrowKey, and it makes it so that if I set up an order on my taskbar icons and swap desktops, the order shuffles at random, and sometimes the taskbar icons become invisible. I really...