Windows 10: Switching quickly between hobbies/work environments

Discus and support Switching quickly between hobbies/work environments in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! I am really not sure where to post this, but this seemed ok: I am noticing that I am constantly switching between working on different things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HybridPioneer, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Switching quickly between hobbies/work environments

Hi!

I am really not sure where to post this, but this seemed ok: I am noticing that I am constantly switching between working on different things (hobby, work, graphic design, investing) and changing my way of working takes quite some time.

My question is; is it possible to automate/make this easier?

For example, I would really like it if I pressed a shortcut on my desktop called "Graphic Design" and relevant websites would open, my Photoshop would open, my OneNote opens etc. I thought I could probably achieve something alike with the use of desktops (Windows key + Tab), but I am not sure if you can save desktops for certain uses and if this does not take too much CPU.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

submitted by /u/HybridPioneer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HybridPioneer, Feb 18, 2020

2. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Feb 18, 2020
  3. MCK
    mck Win User
    System environment variable won't stick

Running Win10 Home on an Acer Spin 3, 64bit, i7cpu. I try to add a path to the system environment variables by:

1. Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced tab > Environment variables

2. The "Environment Variables" window opens.
    3. In the "System Variables" pane I select "Path" and click the EDIT button.
    4. A list of the current system paths is displayed.
    5. I click the NEW button, browse to the path I want to add which is "C:\Python36-32" and click OK. The path "C:\Python36-32" is added to the list of current system paths.
    6. I click OK and am returned to the "Environment Variables" window.
    7. I click the "X" at the top right to close the "Environment Variables" window.

Now if I click the "Environment Variables" button again (end of step-1) and repeat steps 2-4, the new path I added in step-5 is gone. IOW, adding a new path won't stick.

What am I doing wrong?

4. Switching quickly between hobbies/work environments

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

Switching quickly between hobbies/work environments

1. Switching quickly between hobbies/work environments - Similar Threads - Switching quickly between

2. Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working: After my Laptop sleeps, I cannot use any shortcut to switch between virtual desktops. Neither the Ctrl+Win+ArrowLeft/ArrowRight nor swiping left or right with four fingers on my trackpad. It goes back to working if I restart my device or occasionally after my machine...
  3. Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working: After my Laptop sleeps, I cannot use any shortcut to switch between virtual desktops. Neither the Ctrl+Win+ArrowLeft/ArrowRight nor swiping left or right with four fingers on my trackpad. It goes back to working if I restart my device or occasionally after my machine...
  4. Quickly switching between two microphone inputs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quickly switching between two microphone inputs: Hi, i currently have a RODE NT-1A connected to my PC which i mainly use for recording my voice.Multiple times a day, when I leave my desk, I have to switch to the mic on my headset.Since i used discord as my main communication platform for the past few months this wasn't a...
  5. Quickly switching between two microphone inputs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quickly switching between two microphone inputs: Hi, i currently have a RODE NT-1A connected to my PC which i mainly use for recording my voice.Multiple times a day, when I leave my desk, I have to switch to the mic on my headset.Since i used discord as my main communication platform for the past few months this wasn't a...
  6. How to switch between HKLM and HKCU quickly in Registry Editor

in Windows 10 News
    How to switch between HKLM and HKCU quickly in Registry Editor: [ATTACH]If you want to switch between the HKLM and HKCU keys quickly in the Registry Editor quickly, here is a small tip to help you. At times, you might need to find the same HKLM keys in the HKCU or vice versa. In such situations, you can follow this guide to switch between...
  7. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard quickly switch between multiple PCs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard quickly switch between multiple PCs: Is there a way to quickly switch between two different PCs with the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard? Every time I switch PCs currently I have to remove the keyboard from the bluetooth devices and pair it again. Is there an easier way to do this?...
  8. Quick switch between virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick switch between virtual desktops: There has to be a shortcut for quickly switching between desktops. I have used 3 rd party applications but they're just not stable enough. I can see why this has been a problem for the developers. Considering there can be any number of virtual desktops coming up with a...
  9. Why is Microsoft's hobby to ruin people's work?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is Microsoft's hobby to ruin people's work?: Hello there. Researcher here. I'm going to keep this straight and simple. Who, in the hellish depths of Microsoft security department, so wise and savvy in love with his genius ideas of how to work with people and ways of advise them of updates, is going to pay me what I...
  10. what is hobby?

in Windows 10 Customization
    what is hobby?: fishing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-hobby/02328764-f524-456a-8750-2572f085ab0a