Windows 10: Switching sound devices causes distortion/repeated sound

Discus and support Switching sound devices causes distortion/repeated sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys, I'm having a weird issue with switching between my onboard audio and my Sound Blaster Z. Whenever I set the latter to be the default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Azhrei, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Azhrei Win User

Switching sound devices causes distortion/repeated sound

Hey guys,

I'm having a weird issue with switching between my onboard audio and my Sound Blaster Z. Whenever I set the latter to be the default device, I get what sounds like a sound repeated over and over, echoing endlessly. The reason I switch between the two is to use my headset when I'm playing a game that requires voice.

My setup is as follows -

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - onboard audio connected to Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers

Sound Blaster Z - PCI-EX card connected to Roccat Kave 5.1 headset

I can set the Sound Blaster to be the default communications device and use the microphone with no problem - also setting the playback device to be this card in Teamspeak lets me hear sound through the headset as well.

I have no problems with switching to the onboard audio, it's just with the headset. Any help would be greatly appreciated - I have a tournament on Saturday and I'd really like to be able to get this sorted in time.

Specs -

i5 4690K
    16GB DDR3
    Radeon R9 390X
    Windows 10 Pro x64

:)

Azhrei, Mar 1, 2017

2. My audio on Internet Explorer does not work it makes a crazy noise. Not my computer as other audio and video sounds play fine in other systems

It did not correct the audio problem. The problem is distorted sound like it is stuck and rapidly repeating one bit of sound.

MelissaMcNeil, Mar 1, 2017
  3. X6 - 00 16gb left loud speaker scratchy when high volume

certain tones ,sounds have a high pitch ,this can cause sound distortion,try apdating your firmware.

techbuzzireland, Mar 1, 2017
  4. Switching sound devices causes distortion/repeated sound

Caledon Ken, Mar 2, 2017
  5. Azhrei Win User
    Yep, that was it. It's always something small! Thanks Ken *Smile

Azhrei, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Switching sound devices causes distortion/repeated sound

1. Switching sound devices causes distortion/repeated sound - Similar Threads - Switching sound devices

2. Windows Direct Sound is causing sound distortion in SDRSharp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Direct Sound is causing sound distortion in SDRSharp: I posted my question few days ago on reddit asking about SDRSharp distortion that happens after few seconds, as is shown in a video of the link above. I figured out that the problem is caused when I set sound output to Windows Direct Sound. With MME has no problem. But MME is...
  3. Windows Direct Sound is causing sound distortion in SDRSharp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Direct Sound is causing sound distortion in SDRSharp: I posted my question few days ago on reddit asking about SDRSharp distortion that happens after few seconds, as is shown in a video of the link above. I figured out that the problem is caused when I set sound output to Windows Direct Sound. With MME has no problem. But MME is...
  4. SOUND DISTORTION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SOUND DISTORTION: HELLO,I HAVE A HORRIBLE PROBLEM HERE, THE SOUND THAT COMES OUT OF THE SPEAKERS IS TOTALLY DISTORTED!I TRIED WITH 2 DIFFERENT SOUND CARDS... THE SAME RESULT: TOTAL DISTORTION.I HAVE LOWERED THE SAMPLING, UNINSTALL/INSTALL DRIVERS... END RESULT: THE SAME DISTORTION HERE ARE MY...
  5. distorted sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    distorted sound: distortion comes and goes every few sentences of song verses. Under audio it just says High definition audio speakers. Can this be something I can add to change to something better? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it helps for 5 minutes then starts again. its an HP...
  6. distorted sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    distorted sound: distortion comes and goes every few sentences of song verses. Under audio it just says High definition audio speakers. Can this be something I can add to change to something better? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it helps for 5 minutes then starts again. its an HP...
  7. distorted sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Distorted Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Distorted Sound: I'm on 20H2 build SO 19042.746 but is not te problem. I've been trying to fix the distorted sound coming out of my notebook for a long time without success. In this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...a-2535c7cd56c8 at point 9 I restarted the first two services ,...
  9. distorted sound

distorted sound: the sound of my computer is wrong, it sounds very bad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distorted-sound/27ae741b-4c75-40b9-8e01-c71796765919
  10. Distorted Sounds

Distorted Sounds: My sound ever since i got a new mother board got distorted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distorted-sounds/0901ceb5-0dea-458a-867f-341aedf30649