Windows 10: Switching Surface Devices from S-Mode

Discus and support Switching Surface Devices from S-Mode in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I am having trouble switching Surface devices belonging to several of my students out of S-Mode. My school requires the installation of security... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Mark Rovet, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Switching Surface Devices from S-Mode

I am having trouble switching Surface devices belonging to several of my students out of S-Mode. My school requires the installation of security software so they need to make the switch. When I try to switch them, the option to do so is greyed out and it says to see the computer administrator. However, the student's account HAS administrator access so they should be able to do it.

:)

Mark Rovet, Sep 14, 2019

2. Switching Surface Devices from S-Mode

I am having trouble switching Surface devices belonging to several of my students out of S-Mode. My school requires the installation of security software so they need to make the switch. When I try to switch them,
    the option to do so is greyed out and it says to see the computer administrator. However, the student's account HAS administrator access so they should be able to do it.

Mark Rovet, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Switching Surface Devices from S-Mode

I am having trouble switching Surface devices belonging to several of my students out of S-Mode. My school requires the installation of security software so they need to make the switch. When I try to switch them, the option to do so is greyed out and
    it says to see the computer administrator. However, the student's account HAS administrator access so they should be able to do it.

Mark Rovet, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Switching Surface Devices from S-Mode

Surface Wireless Keyboard Adapter - Desktop Mode - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please refer to the steps below to switch from Surface mode to Desktop mode by using a keyboard and mouse.

• Connect a keyboard and mouse to the I/O connections on the device.

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Del, and then click Log off.

• Log on by using an administrator account.
    Hope this helps.

Please get back to us with the updated status and we will be glad to help you further.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Switching Surface Devices from S-Mode

1. Switching Surface Devices from S-Mode - Similar Threads - Switching Surface Devices

2. switching out from S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    switching out from S mode: I can't seem to switch out from S mode, the store app is not opening at all, can someone help me here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-out-from-s-mode/be54e164-29b1-4b58-9f99-99301d3f73ad
  3. switching out from S mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    switching out from S mode: I can't seem to switch out from S mode, the store app is not opening at all, can someone help me here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-out-from-s-mode/be54e164-29b1-4b58-9f99-99301d3f73ad
  4. switching out from S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. switching from S mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    switching from S mode: I Installed a trial Parallels Desktop v17 . I joined the Windows Preview program and downloaded Windows 10 insider for ARM and installed it. This runs in S mode but I need it to run in non S mode. However when I go to deactivate S mode, Microsoft tells me I don't have a valid...
  6. cant switch from s mode

cant switch from s mode: Tcan not switch out of Windows 10 s mode Just got a windows surface laptop refurbished. Has Windows 10s . Have tried all the options to switch out and still no luck. Microsoft store lets me push the GET button but nothing happens. Trying anything around the command...
  7. Switch out from the S mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switch out from the S mode: I am stuck on the S mode and not able to switch out from S mode please help me to get out from S mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-out-from-the-s-mode/e9d27689-45c0-4adc-9b4b-d53c5d687cd6
  8. Switching from S Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Switching from S Mode: Hello. Ive recently purchased a laptop with windows 10. i need to switch from S mode. I go to the store and select 'Get' but then all I have is an error message 0x80070426. What might I be doing wrong?...
  9. Can't Switch From S Mode

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't Switch From S Mode: Recently got the GeoFlex 11 hybrid tablet/laptop and have been setting it up today. Wanted to install a program and was asked to switch from S Mode to Windows 10 home. Tried to do that and received the message 'Try Again Later, Something happened at our end' I have already...
  10. Switching Surface Devices from S-Mode

Switching Surface Devices from S-Mode: I am having trouble switching Surface devices belonging to several of my students out of S-Mode. My school requires the installation of security software so they need to make the switch. When I try to switch them, the option to do so is greyed out and it says to see the...