Windows 10: Switching the default screen the Xbox game bar appears on.

Discus and support Switching the default screen the Xbox game bar appears on. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm looking through the settings for the Xbox game bar overlay app on Windows 10 and I don't see an option to switch the default screen the overlay is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sir Mnky, May 31, 2019.

1. Sir Mnky Win User

Switching the default screen the Xbox game bar appears on.

I'm looking through the settings for the Xbox game bar overlay app on Windows 10 and I don't see an option to switch the default screen the overlay is displayed on. I don't know what sort of option I have to alter this setting without changing my primary screens around and mess with my display. Any ideas?

:)

Sir Mnky, May 31, 2019

2. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, May 31, 2019
  3. Windows Game Bar not Recording Microphone By Default

Hi Yewtsan,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the potential reasons why Windows Game Bar is not recording microphone by default. To help you resolve this concern, you may perform the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10

You may also try to turn off the Game bar and restart your computer before turning it on again. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to disable Game bar

1. Right-click the Start button.
    2. Click Settings.
    3. Click Gaming.
    4. Click Game bar.
    5. Click the switch below Record game clips. Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns
      Off.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, May 31, 2019
  4. Ramhound Win User

Xbox Game bar after uninstalling UWP and disabling UAC

The Game DVR feature and specifically the in-game Game Bar that appears in compatible applications, is controlled by the Xbox Universal Windows Platform application, which is one of the default provisioned UWP applications.

Yes

In order to disable the Game DVR you have to disable it within the Xbox application.

Source: How to Disable Windows 10’s Game DVR (and Game Bar)

Once you disable the Game DVR functionality it will stay disabled.

In order to turn UAC competely, open regedit, and navigate to following location.

You are going to have to modify the value of EnableLUA to 0. Setting the UAC setting to it's lowest setting, within the Control Panel on Windows 10, does not actually disable UAC.

Ramhound, May 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Switching the default screen the Xbox game bar appears on. - Similar Threads - Switching default screen

2. Game Bar app renamed to Xbox Game Bar and more in update to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Game Bar app renamed to Xbox Game Bar and more in update to Windows 10: Microsoft updates the Game Bar app to version 3.29.11001.0 in Windows 10 by renaming it to Xbox Game Bar with a new home screen. When the app opens, a new animated welcome screen appears showing the Win + G keys that follow a graphical representation of the potential and...
  3. XBOX Game bar recorded audio glitchy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX Game bar recorded audio glitchy: So i've been trying to use the XBOX game bar to record my screen. Everything goes well, but the audio is just glitched. The video is good condition, its just the audio that has a problem. I dont understand why, maybe you people out there know?...
  4. Program appears on the task bar but not on the screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program appears on the task bar but not on the screen.: I have program Voice Metter Banana and it used to work but one day it stop showing when i click on it on task bar. I searched forums and find some tips like maybe its 1px*1px so i should try to maximize the window but this program does not support this feature could any...
  5. Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar: Hello, I have a problem with my Xbox Game Bar for Windows 10. Since it is a 64-bit laptop with 4 gigabytes of ram it won’t hold a lot, and when I try to record my screen with the Game Bar it displays a message saying “Can’t save your recording. Make sure your captures...
  6. XBOX Game Bar for PC Not Working right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX Game Bar for PC Not Working right: I have an HP-Omen 17.3 Laptop SPECS: Intel Core i7 (7th Gen) 7700HQ / 2.8 GHz Quad-CoreDDR4 SDRAM AMD Radeon RX 580HDD 1TB Hardrive Every so often I would XBOX game bar to record my games, i currently play fortnite. The problem i have is that is spits and sputters when...
  7. Game Bar and Xbox Game bar present. The latter not updating.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game Bar and Xbox Game bar present. The latter not updating.: Alright, I give up! Ever since 1803, a Windows App store app "Xbox Game bar" requests an update. This was the only "Game Bar" so I assumed it was the Game Bar that allowed me to record games. Great. It just didn't update (it always got a "Something unexpected happened" prompt...
  8. Xbox Game bar records gameplay as a black screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game bar records gameplay as a black screen.: The problem started after the 1803 update. Now if I record any full screen game, it records the whole video as a black video. But it doesn't happen with the windowed mode....
  9. Xbox game bar not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox game bar not opening: I removed a few apps to speed up my computer, and found out that without Xbox game bar it has problems. I did try also reinstalling Xbox after removing it, but did not help. I searched the Windows store and used Google search, but could not find the game bar app standalone....
  10. Xbox game bar keeps updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar keeps updating: Has anyone had this? On one pc the Xbox game bar keeps getting listed as an update in the store app, I always have automatically update apps turned off, preferring to check and install updates manually. Last few days I often open store app and see a ‘1’ in the top corner and...