Windows 10: Switching to ACHI. Should i reinstall windows?

Discus and support Switching to ACHI. Should i reinstall windows? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I am going to switch my SATA mode from Intel rts to ACHI. I did some research and found out that when i make the switch windows will become... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Christian_344, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Switching to ACHI. Should i reinstall windows?

Hello. I am going to switch my SATA mode from Intel rts to ACHI. I did some research and found out that when i make the switch windows will become unbootable thus i will need to do reinstall, however, i found a guide that stated i canmake the switch without needing to reinstall. I was wondering if i go the way of not reinstalling will windows still work properly, or do you recommend doing a reinstall

Thanks.

:)

Christian_344, Jun 25, 2020
  2. Gorekith Win User

Switch from ATA to ACHI without reinstalling windows 10

After I did that I kept getting a blue screen saying critical_process_died

Gorekith, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Switch from ATA to ACHI without reinstalling windows 10

Hi Gorekith,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to switch from ATA to ACHI and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

• Type regedit and hit Enter.

• Browse to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\msahci\

• Change the DWord value named "Start" from "3" (ATA) to "0" (AHCI)

• Shutdown the computer.

• Power the computer back on, making sure to enter the BIOS and change the SATA Operation to AHCI.

• Save the change.

Registry Disclaimer:

Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.
    For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/) How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of
    BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Switching to ACHI. Should i reinstall windows?

Switch ACHI to IDE

Hello All, hope you can help...

I'm purchasing a Acer Emachines e520 which has a SATA harddrive set to ACHI.

The laptop comes with Vista but I want to delete this and install Windows XP Pro. I read on a review website that to do this I have to set the Harddrive from ACHI to IDE before doing this. How would I go about that?

By the way the quote from the website I mentioned is below
    http://devoracles.com/acer-emachines...ock-this-world
    "As always with AHCI enabled hard drives, you have to switch to IDE mode before you can install XP. After you switched to IDE mode, installing any OS is straight forward."

Thanks

trueblue2122, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Switching to ACHI. Should i reinstall windows?

1. Switching to ACHI. Should i reinstall windows? - Similar Threads - Switching ACHI Should

2. Should I switch to 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I switch to 11: I have used windows 11 two times on my PC, first was with upgrade It got corrupted and slow and the second was a clean install, still no success, I use 10 now is 11 more stable in 2023?...
  3. Should I switch to 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I switch to 11: I have used windows 11 two times on my PC, first was with upgrade It got corrupted and slow and the second was a clean install, still no success, I use 10 now is 11 more stable in 2023?...
  4. Should I reinstall Windows in this situation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I reinstall Windows in this situation?: I want to reinstall Windows on my computer because I can literally never activate Windows on my computer Error code: 0x8007007b. I posteda question, and then @Ferds_N answered it I still want to mark it as answer because I am sure it works for other cases, but it never worked...
  5. Should I switch to W10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I switch to W10?: Hi I am a linux user, I want to play league of legends but my system sucks, I was able to play on W7 quite good on low settings around 100 fps. My system specs are Pentium g3260 CPU 4 GB DDR3 Ram 500GB HDD and R5 220. Should I switch Windows 10 or go with Windows 7. Regards....
  6. Should i switch to win 10?

Should i switch to win 10?: So I need to get a new windows license because my win 8.1 pro is expiring. I didnt have any issue with it whatsoever . Should I even get win 10? I mostly play video games and people tell me that it's better yet I still see people on the internet complaining about random...
  7. Should I reinstall windows

Should I reinstall windows: This is probably a really dumb question but I would appreciate any advice y’all can provide because I don’t know what I should do at the moment. This is about the problem that’s been popping up recently, the one the NSA made an official statement about. I know most sources...
  8. Should I reinstall Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Should I reinstall Windows 10: I'm not sure if i'm getting these errors because of the new windows 10 update. I can't turn on my firewall and I can't open any video or music file without getting these errors [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. MS Edge .. Should i Switch?

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge .. Should i Switch?: How good is MS Edge for you? Do you Think MS Edge will become better in the future? Does anybody actually use it as there Default Browser? Do you Recommend it to me? .. (Yes, so Why?) Because i want to switch from Chrome to Edge, but i'm not sure.. yeah the reason why:...
  10. Should I switch to 64-bit?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I switch to 64-bit?: Hey guys, I'm currently using Windows 10 32-bit and I'm thinking about switching to 64-bit, but is it a good idea? My CPU is completely 64-bit capable (Intel Core Duo E7400 2.80 GHz) and I have 4 GB of RAM (DDR2) installed but only 3.24 GB are usable. So, what do you...