Windows 10: switching to another Family

Discus and support switching to another Family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; how do I leave my current Family (I am primary child account) and join my parent's Family group? I don't see an option after I click "got it" after... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SCM2008, Jun 21, 2019.

1. SCM2008 Win User

switching to another Family

how do I leave my current Family (I am primary child account) and join my parent's Family group? I don't see an option after I click "got it" after they tell me I need to leave my current family.

:)

SCM2008, Jun 21, 2019

2. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Family Safety issues

Hi,

Configuration settings may be the possible cause why you're experiencing issues with Family when searching for the device. To assist you better, we'd like to clarify few things:

• When you mention 2 devices on your sons account, do you want to use two devices but using one account?
    • Could you provide us a screen shot of family list devices?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check and follow the steps in this articles below on how to set up your Family:

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 21, 2019
  4. switching to another Family

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

switching to another Family

1. switching to another Family - Similar Threads - switching another Family

2. Another microsoft family safety problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Another microsoft family safety problem: Trying to set this up now for 4 hours and it's been such a headache.Both PC's 1x windows 10, 1x windows 11 I'm trying to use it on say "we couldn't connect to microsoft family right no so changes you make to family settings might not save."Thing I've tried with logouts then...
  3. Unable to remove another Family Organizer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to remove another Family Organizer: I need to remove another Family organizer from my account.When i try to remove them, it says to remove Consent then remove, however that is not an option that is given....
  4. Unable to remove another Family Organizer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove another Family Organizer: I need to remove another Family organizer from my account.When i try to remove them, it says to remove Consent then remove, however that is not an option that is given....
  5. Unable to remove another Family Organizer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. tabs close when switching to another window

in Windows 10 Customization
    tabs close when switching to another window: I have several tabs open at once but not a lot. When I switch to a different tab, the window that i left and want to go back to has closed.this just started.What is the problem? I don't know if this is a chrome problem or a windows problem. There wasn't a good category for...
  7. Can't find or switch to another user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't find or switch to another user: Hi, Finally upgraded from Win7 Home to Win10 Home. The upgrade ported 3 of 4 user accounts on the PC successfully. Of the three, 2 were old user accounts which I deleted after the upgrade along with the one that was not ported successfully. I was left with one account, let's...
  8. Another "no internet access with default switch" thread

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Another "no internet access with default switch" thread: I see there are plenty of these out there already but none of them seemed to answer the problem I'm having. My host machine is Windows 10 Pro, fully updated. I've been running a VM using Hyper-V for some months now. It runs Windows 10 1709 and uses the default switch. No...
  9. Switching form one network config to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Switching form one network config to another: Hello Everyone, I have three networks in my life: one at my employed job, one at my own workshop, and one at home. I have a Win10 laptop with me most of the time. Now, two of the networks I use have a DHCP server which leases addresses to my laptop. The third network (at my...
  10. stop auto-switching to another desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    stop auto-switching to another desktop: hi, i have desktop 1 and desktop 2 i have 2 excel files in desktop 1 and 1 excel file in desktop 2 i open another excel file in desktop 1 so there would now be 2 excel file open in desktop 1 then when i close 1 excel file in desktop 1 it will automatically switch to an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. family switching with other families