Windows 10: Switching to Linux

Discus and support Switching to Linux in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am done with Microsoft and their updates restarting my computer without my permission during important video conferences. I turned off updates,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MichaelCloutier1, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Switching to Linux

I am done with Microsoft and their updates restarting my computer without my permission during important video conferences. I turned off updates, somehow they got turned back on, again without my permission. I have been using Windows for 25 years. And I am done. Can someone please explain to me the easiest way to switch my OS to Ubuntu? Thank you.

:)

MichaelCloutier1, Dec 26, 2018
  2. Silverel Win User

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Switching to Linux... tips?

as long as ntfs-3g is installed, it is not a problem to have NTFS. However, in Linux there is no disk defrag tool available for NTFS so I suggest transition to ext3 or ext4.

Peter1986C, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Switching to Linux

Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Switching to Linux

1. Switching to Linux - Similar Threads - Switching Linux

2. No Bootable device after i wanted to switch back from Kali Linux to Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Bootable device after i wanted to switch back from Kali Linux to Windows: I wanted to switch back so i put the flashdrive with the IOS in and tried to install it and now it says no bootable device.Today i tried the SurfaceGo_FixNoBootableDevice.zip but now iam stuck at the wpeinit thing screen***** moved from german to english Community *****...
  3. unable to make a bootable windows 10 usb drive after switching over to linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to make a bootable windows 10 usb drive after switching over to linux: hello, i have recently switched over to linux because well.. windows was just slowing down my laptop, alot. and recently i found out that there isnt much pcvr support on linux, and id have to use windows for pcvr stuff, so i downloaded both the x86 and x64 iso's, wrote them...
  4. unable to make a bootable windows 10 usb drive after switching over to linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to make a bootable windows 10 usb drive after switching over to linux: hello, i have recently switched over to linux because well.. windows was just slowing down my laptop, alot. and recently i found out that there isnt much pcvr support on linux, and id have to use windows for pcvr stuff, so i downloaded both the x86 and x64 iso's, wrote them...
  5. unable to make a bootable windows 10 usb drive after switching over to linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows 11 product key after switching to Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 product key after switching to Linux: I have an HP laptop with Windows 11 Home preinstalled.I want to switch to Linux, but I'm not sure if my Windows 11 product key will be terminated.Will I be able to use my product key to reinstall Windows 11 in the future?...
  7. Windows 11 product key after switching to Linux

Windows 11 product key after switching to Linux: I have an HP laptop with Windows 11 Home preinstalled.I want to switch to Linux, but I'm not sure if my Windows 11 product key will be terminated.Will I be able to use my product key to reinstall Windows 11 in the future?...
  8. How do I fix windows 11 and Linux ubunto dual crashing on laptop when switching the device on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix windows 11 and Linux ubunto dual crashing on laptop when switching the device on?: I used to use just windows 11 and then switched to linux ubunto when windows 11 crashed and now linux ubunto has crashed too and both operating systems just go to the cad and don’t boot correctly.Might be a primary storage issueHow do I manually fix the linux system crash and...
  9. How do I fix windows 11 and Linux ubunto dual crashing on laptop when switching the device on?

How do I fix windows 11 and Linux ubunto dual crashing on laptop when switching the device on?: I used to use just windows 11 and then switched to linux ubunto when windows 11 crashed and now linux ubunto has crashed too and both operating systems just go to the cad and don’t boot correctly.Might be a primary storage issueHow do I manually fix the linux system crash and...
  10. Windows 11 won’t load from USB Drive after switching from Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 won’t load from USB Drive after switching from Linux: I’m trying to switch back from linux mint to Windows 11, after realizing the Linux world isnt for me. I formatted my USB to FAT32, burned Windows 11 onto my USB Drive, and when trying to install windows, it says it can’t “find any drivers”. It seems i’ve formatted my SSD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. switching to linux because of bsod