Windows 10: Switching to new PC

Discus and support Switching to new PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! The CPU on my desktop computer died. *cue Amazing Grace*. I got a basic new PC and plan to move a majority of my high-end parts to it. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChristopherHoskins, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Switching to new PC

Hello! The CPU on my desktop computer died.

*cue Amazing Grace*.

I got a basic new PC and plan to move a majority of my high-end parts to it.

My problem is the new PC has a 512GB SSD with Windows 10 Home on it, and my original PC had a 2016-era 1TB SSD with Windows 10 Pro. My main priority is ending up with a computer with both hard drives and Windows 10 Pro. If possible, I would also like for the OS to exist on the new hard drive for efficiency purposes.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this? Thanks in advance.

:)

ChristopherHoskins, Apr 7, 2021

2. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Switching to new PC

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Switching to new PC

1. Switching to new PC - Similar Threads - Switching

2. How to create an Internet Kill Switch on Windows 11/10?

in Windows 10 News
    How to create an Internet Kill Switch on Windows 11/10?: [IMG]In this post, we are going to show you how to create an internet kill switch on Windows 11/10. It is mostly used in a panic situation when you need to disconnect your internet quickly. Thus, it is also known as a Panic Button. What is the kill switch on Windows internet?...
  3. Improve switch apps Ctrl + Alt + Tab when using multi monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Improve switch apps Ctrl + Alt + Tab when using multi monitors: In Window, when we use two or three monitors, we use hot key Ctrl + Alt + Tab to open switch apps, all apps appear on main monitor, include apps of extra monitors, this one is really annoyed due to there are many apps on the main monitor, spend a lot of time to look up app to...
  4. Improve switch apps Ctrl + Alt + Tab when using multi monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Improve switch apps Ctrl + Alt + Tab when using multi monitors: In Window, when we use two or three monitors, we use hot key Ctrl + Alt + Tab to open switch apps, all apps appear on main monitor, include apps of extra monitors, this one is really annoyed due to there are many apps on the main monitor, spend a lot of time to look up app to...
  5. windows 11 home on new asus laptop - cannot switch off s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 home on new asus laptop - cannot switch off s mode: hello there,i tried to switch off s mode on my new Asus windows 11 home, in all possible ways, but everytime i follow the instructions, i get the prompt: Sorry, something went wrong. We're trying to make it right. Please refresh or try again later. How can I solve this...
  6. windows 11 home on new asus laptop - cannot switch off s mode

windows 11 home on new asus laptop - cannot switch off s mode: hello there,i tried to switch off s mode on my new Asus windows 11 home, in all possible ways, but everytime i follow the instructions, i get the prompt: Sorry, something went wrong. We're trying to make it right. Please refresh or try again later. How can I solve this...
  7. How to switch backlight brightness & color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch backlight brightness & color: Hi, I have a Dell Latitude 5491 i5 8th Generation 32 GB RAM 1000 GB SSD.How do I change backlight color and brightness. Any Reply is appreciated thanks!...
  8. How to switch backlight brightness & color

How to switch backlight brightness & color: Hi, I have a Dell Latitude 5491 i5 8th Generation 32 GB RAM 1000 GB SSD.How do I change backlight color and brightness. Any Reply is appreciated thanks!...
  9. I am having an issue switching out of s mode on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having an issue switching out of s mode on windows 11: on windows 11, I went through the process and received the confirmation that I was switched out of s mode. I rebooted, but it still says i am in s mode. when I try the switch process again the page juts seems stuck saying "working on it..."...
  10. I am having an issue switching out of s mode on windows 11

I am having an issue switching out of s mode on windows 11: on windows 11, I went through the process and received the confirmation that I was switched out of s mode. I rebooted, but it still says i am in s mode. when I try the switch process again the page juts seems stuck saying "working on it..."...