Windows 10: Switching User in W10 doesn't work as expected

Discus and support Switching User in W10 doesn't work as expected in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Would appreciate guidance on this issue... Maybe I misunderstand what switching user implies, but in Windows 7, User 1 could setup Deezer (in Google... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by dogfonos, Apr 10, 2020.

1. dogfonos Win User

Switching User in W10 doesn't work as expected

Would appreciate guidance on this issue...

Maybe I misunderstand what switching user implies, but in Windows 7, User 1 could setup Deezer (in Google Chrome) to stream music then User 2 could switch to their account whilst Deezer - on the User 1 account - continued to stream music.

I've followed the tenforums tutorial but can't make this happen in W10 (version 1909). Music streaming stops. Have I misunderstood something? Thanks.

:)

dogfonos, Apr 10, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Switching User in W10 doesn't work as expected [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Rockman. Win User
    internet explorer doesn´t load any page

I tryed all 3 methods but got no success.

The funny thing is that IE is working fine on a new created test account (like method 3 suggests) but after this I switch back to my account and confirm IE is useless.

In sum IE not working on my account which is the admin one, but it is working on other accounts I create.

Doesn´t make sense to me...

Rockman., Apr 10, 2020
  4. Switching User in W10 doesn't work as expected

Switch Users...W10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key.

• On the top left corner of Start page, click on menu option or 4 lines icon.

• Click on user account name.

• Select the user account name to which you want to switch.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Switching User in W10 doesn't work as expected

1. Switching User in W10 doesn't work as expected - Similar Threads - Switching User W10

2. Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts: I have 3 accounts on my ZenBook, running windows 11. I was using a Microsoft wired keyboard and had to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in after switching between accounts to make the keyboard work. I've just upgraded to a logitech k850 bluetooth keyboard and it's also...
  3. Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts: I have 3 accounts on my ZenBook, running windows 11. I was using a Microsoft wired keyboard and had to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in after switching between accounts to make the keyboard work. I've just upgraded to a logitech k850 bluetooth keyboard and it's also...
  4. OpenSSH Key based auth doesn't work as expected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OpenSSH Key based auth doesn't work as expected: I was testing sftp using openssh for a while now. I tested password based authentication with key based, which means the user who wants to login should provide his private key when trying to connect with the sftp serveropenssh. If he had a valid private key then key will be...
  5. OpenSSH Key based auth doesn't work as expected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OpenSSH Key based auth doesn't work as expected: I was testing sftp using openssh for a while now. I tested password based authentication with key based, which means the user who wants to login should provide his private key when trying to connect with the sftp serveropenssh. If he had a valid private key then key will be...
  6. W10 installer doesn't works.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 installer doesn't works.: Hi there, i just downloaded the installer. I try to install w10 on my pendrive 32GB but the installer said "downloading" then stops at 0%. I don't really know what to do, i searched on the web but i didn't find out anything. Please help me! I already try to do the same...
  7. Win+Alt+PrtScr doesn't work as expected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win+Alt+PrtScr doesn't work as expected: Hi, Windows 10 x64 version 10.0.19042.867: I used to press Win+Alt+PrtScr to capture the active window. The screenshot had been saved to ..\Pictures\Screenshots automatically. In addition, I got a notifcation in the right bottom corner of the screen that the screenshot...
  8. Fast User Switching doesn't work on some machines

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fast User Switching doesn't work on some machines: Hello, I have as strange one here with Fast User Switching FUS- so ideas are very welcome: I have a number of domain joined PCs all running up to date Win 10 Pro some of them simply don't have Switch User option on the Lock Screen they have Switch User option in Start...
  9. Switching User in W10 doesn't work as expected

in Windows 10 Support
    Switching User in W10 doesn't work as expected: Would appreciate guidance on this issue... Maybe I misunderstand what switching user implies, but in Windows 7, User 1 could setup Deezer (in Google Chrome) to stream music then User 2 could switch to their account whilst Deezer - on the User 1 account - continued to stream...
  10. Spellchecker switched to on...but doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Support
    Spellchecker switched to on...but doesn't work.: As above, gone into Settings/devices/typing/spelling, and there set to 'highlight misspelled words'. Trouble is, it doesn't do it, not anywhere. Anyone know why? 21148