Windows 10: Switching users caused a huge problem

Discus and support Switching users caused a huge problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Earlier this evening, I was trying to do something that involved using Microsoft accounts. As I don't know much about Microsoft accounts, and every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PopePope, Jul 8, 2019.

1. PopePope Win User

Switching users caused a huge problem

Earlier this evening, I was trying to do something that involved using Microsoft accounts. As I don't know much about Microsoft accounts, and every other stuff out there like Microsoft Store, Outlook, etc. I did everything I could, without asking for help or searching for help on Google.

I was logged on an account, which I will call it A. I then went to Settings - Sign in with a local account instead, and since then my computer 'restarted' itself. What I had then, on that account, every single setting I did, every game/app i downloaded was gone.

What I believe I did is that when I pressed on 'Sign in with a local account instead', I set up my new account without thinking, created it and then clicked on 'Next', and right after on 'Sign out and finish'. I think that because of that, my laptop got 'restarted'

I am not a dumb person, so as I saw what just happened, i immediately signed out and I didn't see my other account, A, on which i had everything I could wish for. I did not delete it or anything, it just wasn't there anymore. I can't find it at Settings - Accounts - Family & other people, or anywhere else.

It seems like I could find the files that I had on my other account, but I can't access them.

I really need help right now, because I don't think that anyone would want to 'restart' their computer, in a perfect condition. ( no viruses, was working perfectly)

If you might read this and have a sollution but need any other information, feel free to contact me, if possible. Thanks for reading.

:)

PopePope, Jul 8, 2019

2. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Switch user at startup

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you cannot see the switch user option after the upgrade I will make sure to help you with this issue.

First I suggest you to reboot the system and check if see the switch user option.

If you still don’t see the option then I would suggest you to perform the below step and check if you can see switch user option.

On the login screen press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and check if you can see the switch user option.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Mohammed Yaseer, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Switching users caused a huge problem

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Switching users caused a huge problem

1. Switching users caused a huge problem - Similar Threads - Switching users caused

2. HUGE PROBLEM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HUGE PROBLEM: Anyone who follows me knows my system is full of huge problems too numerous to address individually, except new issues. Suddenly, this system after going to the screensaver I presume is included in Windows, is not working. I get a black screen only and a message that an error...
  3. HUGE PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HUGE PROBLEM: Anyone who follows me knows my system is full of huge problems too numerous to address individually, except new issues. Suddenly, this system after going to the screensaver I presume is included in Windows, is not working. I get a black screen only and a message that an error...
  4. HUGE PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Any windows build after 1809 causes huge problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any windows build after 1809 causes huge problems: Hello all,I have an Asus Zenbook UX430UA, a pretty good Ultrabook from 2018. I currently have windows 1809 installed because its the only OS that works. I have tried installing linux, and windows version above 1809 but they all cause problems. I know this is not a linux forum...
  6. Any windows build after 1809 causes huge problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any windows build after 1809 causes huge problems: Hello all,I have an Asus Zenbook UX430UA, a pretty good Ultrabook from 2018. I currently have windows 1809 installed because its the only OS that works. I have tried installing linux, and windows version above 1809 but they all cause problems. I know this is not a linux forum...
  7. Any windows build after 1809 causes huge problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Warning: KB4505903 can cause huge problems!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Warning: KB4505903 can cause huge problems!: Okay, KB4505903 is mentioned already a few times here. For me the update simply fails ... and I am glad it does. There seems to be a fix for the install fail but I am keeping away from is as far as possible. Deferred updates for now. All over the net numerous reports are...
  9. User accounts switching problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User accounts switching problem: I have two users on my windows10. One account relates to my outlook while the other is without outlook id, so when i turn on my PC the user account that is without outlook id automatically sign-in's to the PC without poping up the screen which shows both the user names......
  10. Atikmdag.sys causing huge problems during startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Atikmdag.sys causing huge problems during startup: Hello, about 2 weeks ago I upgraded my very good running Win 7 Ultimate to Windows 10. First it worked good but than the problems started. The system froze all of a sudden. OK - reset and go on but it got worse. I could not even start the computer any more because it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. switching users in windows 10 causes invalid format