Windows 10: Switching Users: When I go to "switch users"the screen goes to the blank signon screen....

Discus and support Switching Users: When I go to "switch users"the screen goes to the blank signon screen.... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I press ALT-CTRL-DEL to switch users. The screen takes me to the blank (initial Windows screen). I press ALT-CTRL-DEL again and the screen turns... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DaveSvt, Sep 21, 2019.

1. DaveSvt Win User

Switching Users: When I go to "switch users"the screen goes to the blank signon screen....

I press ALT-CTRL-DEL to switch users. The screen takes me to the blank (initial Windows screen). I press ALT-CTRL-DEL again and the screen turns light blue then the spinning icon comes on the screen. It spins for about 2-3 minutes and then returns to the blank initial sign on screen again. The only way to logon after that point is to do a hard shutdown and then restart the system.

Using Windows Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763

Any ideas?

:)

DaveSvt, Sep 21, 2019

2. Blank screen after logoff/switch user in vista

So, everytime someone logs off or switches user accounts from Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit, it goes to a blank screen and you have to restart the computer. I've been trying to fix this for the last 2 days and havnt found anything that helps.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks...

Morrison5891, Sep 21, 2019
  3. jrih Win User
    Screen goes dark for several minutes while switching user accounts

HGilbert, did you ever find a resolution to this issue? Just yesterday, I set up a Dell XPS 8910 with Windows 10 Pro on the Anniversary Edition. When I switch from my Admin User Account to a local limited user account, the switch is quick. When I try to switch back from the local limited user account to my Admin User Account, the screen goes black for 60 seconds before the switch is completed. So, like you, the slow switching issue only occurs when switching to the primary (admin) user account.

Anyone out there have a similar issue & can offer some suggestions as to how to resolve this as it is a real PITA! *Mad

Thanks in advance for any assistance in resolving this frustrating issue.

4. yuritsuki Win User

Switching Users: When I go to "switch users"the screen goes to the blank signon screen....

A blank black screen when switching users

When I want to switch users in Windows 10, the screen goes black, the mouse cursor is visible and can be moved around. However, I cannot CTRL + ALT + DEL into task manager, and clicking around does nothing; it's a blank black screen.

This happens regardless if I switch user from the Start Menu or Switch user from Task Manager. It happens even if I try locking the user account, then try to Switch user from the Login Screen.

This seems to have just started being an issue only a few weeks ago.

Some additional notes I've added. I've found a temporary fix; that turning off the monitor, then turning it on again fixes the issue. I can't explain why this fixes the issue.

The computer is a Windows 10 basic machine, but the hardware itself is years old. I have an Nvidia graphics card in it with an HDMI port. The monitor is 1080p 60Hz.

yuritsuki, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Switching Users: When I go to "switch users"the screen goes to the blank signon screen.... - Similar Threads - Switching Users switch

2. Windows screen is blank after switching it on..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows screen is blank after switching it on..: According to me it's not quite that big problem than im thinking but im still asking because my pc is not working.., basically I had an old windows 10.. it's very very old and I tried to start it out.. as after powering on its just showing me an completely blank screen, like...
  3. Windows screen is blank after switching it on..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows screen is blank after switching it on..: According to me it's not quite that big problem than im thinking but im still asking because my pc is not working.., basically I had an old windows 10.. it's very very old and I tried to start it out.. as after powering on its just showing me an completely blank screen, like...
  4. Video pauses or goes blank when switching to another desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video pauses or goes blank when switching to another desktop: I'm using the windows task view to create desktops. I created a 2nd desktop to record lectures and other videos, whilst doing other things on my main desktop. Whenever I switch back to the main desktop the video pauses or goes blank but the audio is still there. How can I...
  5. Switch user from lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switch user from lock screen: How can I switch users in Win10 from lock screen? ***Modified title from: switching users in win10*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-user-from-lock-screen/2d6fb1d6-6b0e-4eb0-9f18-73692c1ced7c
  6. Switching out of S mode : Blank screen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Switching out of S mode : Blank screen: Whenever I open the Microsoft store to switch out of S-mode. A Button reading "learn more" appears, however whenever I click this the store loads a completely blank gray screen, is there another option to switch out of S-mode, or is the link to the store broken?...
  7. Screen Switching

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Switching: When I am on my computer and I swipe the touchpad mouse the screen will suddenly change to another screen that shows all of my active tabs or windows. How do I stop this from happening?...
  8. Issue with users switching on the login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Issue with users switching on the login screen: /!\ Merry Christmas to all ! /!\ [img] My problem : Alt+F4 give me the option of switching users but only the current user "nemo" is selectable All users are set active including the built-in Administrator [img] [img]...
  9. Screen goes dark for several minutes while switching user accounts

Screen goes dark for several minutes while switching user accounts: Very odd behavior after the Anniversary Update: when I try to switch from another user to my primary user account, there is a long lag, either right before the password screen or right after the password is entered, when the screen goes dark. This only happens when...
  10. Guest Account - Active but Can't Switch to or See in Users and Signon

Guest Account - Active but Can't Switch to or See in Users and Signon: I am running Windows 10 Home. I the cmd window I run "net user guest /active:yes" and the command completes successfully. I run "net user" and it shows 4 accounts---my account, administrator, guest and default account. User folder has Guest sub-folder. When I try to...