Windows 10: Switching users with & with out domains

Discus and support Switching users with & with out domains in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use my personal laptop for work at times. My work uses a domian ####.org. I currently am signed into a wrokgroup for my daily use. My question is, is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kieth4548, Feb 11, 2019.

1. kieth4548 Win User

Switching users with & with out domains

I use my personal laptop for work at times. My work uses a domian ####.org. I currently am signed into a wrokgroup for my daily use. My question is, is there a way to quickly change from a workgroup to to my works domian so that I can access my work files and printers?

Thanks

Kieth

:)

kieth4548, Feb 11, 2019

2. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, Feb 11, 2019
  4. robos Win User

Getting a domain name...

Just simple 3 steps to make your website glow to millions…
    Step 1: Sign up now and get a FREE domain!
    Step 2: Design your new website in minutes!
    Step 3: You are live! Share your life online!

Click here…

robos, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Switching users with & with out domains - Similar Threads - Switching users domains

2. Issues with Local Users and Domain

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issues with Local Users and Domain: Hi All New to all of this so apologies if I get some terminology wrong. I am currently in the process of trying to change the settings for the primary user account for a Windows 10 PC, but it would appear that the PC was a part of a domain which has restricted access to...
  3. Logging in as Other User in domain

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging in as Other User in domain: My fully updated Win10 machine logs into my domain as "Other User" and just spins - after a restart. I've also tried to log in as an Administrator and the same thing happens. If I shut down it will let me log in normal. My pdc is a Windows Server 2012 R2 with no dns issues -...
  4. Domain Users and Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Domain Users and Windows 10: I upgraded from Windows 7 and my account transferred without an issue. My wife's account (who uses the same computer and we switch users) did not. I ended up deleting her account and recreated a new one. She can log in, but the start button and action center do not...
  5. Out of the domain the user is not able to use the laptop

Out of the domain the user is not able to use the laptop: Once the Laptop is out of the domain the user can't use it at all, an error come that says programs or external device as USB are not reachable . As it should be the user desktop (domain) disappear once you are out of the domain or not internet connection is available, in...
  6. how do we switch users without signing out?

how do we switch users without signing out?: We’ve had trouble switching between 2 users. We never had a “switch users” option. We would click on the icon for the other user and at first it worked. Then it started locking up the computer and the only way we could switch was to sign out and the other user sign in. Now it...
  7. Fast user switching signs me out

Fast user switching signs me out: I have 3 local user accounts. When I try to switch between them, my apps are closed and I get signed out. I've tried the 6 different methods in this tutorial The Switch User option does not appear in the option list in response to Ctrl+Alt+Del. It does appear in the list...
  8. Domain Joined Windows 10 - Fast User Switching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Domain Joined Windows 10 - Fast User Switching: Hi I recently joined my HP Envy Recline 27 k210na which was upgraded to windows 10 to a Windows 2012 R2 Domain. But have an issue. Once I login with a user account, domain or non domain, I am unable to use the fast user switching. When choosing to switch account, I will...
  9. Domain users?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Domain users?: Our company has about 40 Laptops that all have windows 7 on them. Since they are all connected to our domain the GWX app will not appear on any. Would running the upgrade from a WIN 10 DVD activate properly? 9968
  10. User desktop and switching users

in Windows 10 Support
    User desktop and switching users: After upgrading from Win 7 64 to Win 10 64, whenever a different user logs into the computer the desktop gets screwed up for the original user. Both accounts are admin accounts; one has a password, the does not. Has anyone else seen this and does anyone know how to fix it?...