Windows 10: Switching users with & with out domains

Discus and support Switching users with & with out domains in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use my personal laptop for work at times. My work uses a domian ####.org. I currently am signed into a wrokgroup for my daily use. My question is, is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kieth4548, Feb 11, 2019.

1. kieth4548 Win User

Switching users with & with out domains

I use my personal laptop for work at times. My work uses a domian ####.org. I currently am signed into a wrokgroup for my daily use. My question is, is there a way to quickly change from a workgroup to to my works domian so that I can access my work files and printers?

Thanks

Kieth

:)

kieth4548, Feb 11, 2019

2. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, Feb 11, 2019
  4. robos Win User

Getting a domain name...

Just simple 3 steps to make your website glow to millions…
    Step 1: Sign up now and get a FREE domain!
    Step 2: Design your new website in minutes!
    Step 3: You are live! Share your life online!

Click here…

robos, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Switching users with & with out domains - Similar Threads - Switching users domains

2. Getting out of Domain User name and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting out of Domain User name and password: help get out of this domain https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-out-of-domain-user-name-and-password/29757168-0b8f-4736-99f0-0a92f90210a1
  3. Getting out of Domain User name and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting out of Domain User name and password: help get out of this domain https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-out-of-domain-user-name-and-password/29757168-0b8f-4736-99f0-0a92f90210a1
  4. Switching users vs logging out?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching users vs logging out?: Hello, i just added my brother to my desktop as a user and wanted to make sure that his background programs aren't running when i am on my account and vice versa. Is making sure that he logs out before i log in/not using the switch accounts option good enough to stop this...
  5. User@Domain / Domain\User problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User@Domain / Domain\User problem: So I was checking my Windows 10 computer and saw that there was no domain, it was in a WORKGROUP. I needed to use the format "User@Domain" or "Domain\User" for something, and I do not know what to put. The username is just "User" and there is no password. submitted by...
  6. Domain User's profile deleted whenever they sign out of any Domain PCs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Domain User's profile deleted whenever they sign out of any Domain PCs: Hi there, Here's a weird one. We have a Domain User account that works perfectly with our Windows 7 PCs. We're replacing these, and when this user signs in to Windows 10, they get a message saying 'Preparing Windows' instead of the usual black screen saying 'Hi...' etc....
  7. Out of the domain the user is not able to use the laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Out of the domain the user is not able to use the laptop: Once the Laptop is out of the domain the user can't use it at all, an error come that says programs or external device as USB are not reachable . As it should be the user desktop (domain) disappear once you are out of the domain or not internet connection is available, in...
  8. Fast user switching signs me out

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Fast user switching signs me out: I have 3 local user accounts. When I try to switch between them, my apps are closed and I get signed out. I've tried the 6 different methods in this tutorial The Switch User option does not appear in the option list in response to Ctrl+Alt+Del. It does appear in the list...
  9. Domain Joined Windows 10 - Fast User Switching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Domain Joined Windows 10 - Fast User Switching: Hi I recently joined my HP Envy Recline 27 k210na which was upgraded to windows 10 to a Windows 2012 R2 Domain. But have an issue. Once I login with a user account, domain or non domain, I am unable to use the fast user switching. When choosing to switch account, I will...
  10. Domain users?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Domain users?: Our company has about 40 Laptops that all have windows 7 on them. Since they are all connected to our domain the GWX app will not appear on any. Would running the upgrade from a WIN 10 DVD activate properly? 9968