Windows 10: Switching virtual desktops to the right doesn't work

Discus and support Switching virtual desktops to the right doesn't work in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi, I have the following problem: switching virtual desktops to the right (CTRL+WIN+Right Arrow) doesn't work. On the other hand, when I go to e.g.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by slepyjack, Aug 4, 2015.

1. slepyjack Win User

Switching virtual desktops to the right doesn't work

Hi,

I have the following problem: switching virtual desktops to the right (CTRL+WIN+Right Arrow) doesn't work. On the other hand, when I go to e.g. desktop number 3 (using WIN+TAB and mouse) I can switch to the left using CTRL+WIN+Left Arrow without any difficulties...

I installed Windows Hotke Explorer to check, if CTRL+WIN+RIGHT has been taken, but it just stands "System (Move window)" in both cases.

Does anyone know, what could be the reason?

:)

slepyjack, Aug 4, 2015

2. Keyboard shortcut for switching to the virtual desktop on the right doesn't work

I have the same problem and want to tag along on the subject. I have a Samsung laptop (NP700Z5C-S02NL) with a clean install of Windows 10. There is a difference between my Ctrl-keys, because combining my left Ctrl key with the Win-key and left-arrow works,
    but right doesn't. However, using my right Ctrl-key works fine on both occasions; I can switch both left and right. I have little hope that sfc will fix anything, and I'm starting to fear it might be a driver issue of some sorts, in the domain of Samsung to
    fix. But perhaps someone from Microsoft can supply a solution here.

Sander van Woerkom, Aug 4, 2015
  3. lplp2 Win User
    Keyboard shortcut for switching to the virtual desktop on the right doesn't work

The right key of the keyboard does work in notepad, but not for switching keyboard.

The right key of the keypad does work though for switching keyboard (either left or right).

I already performed the SFC scan, and Windows did not find any integrity violations.

Thanks for the help.

lplp2, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

Switching virtual desktops to the right doesn't work

1. Switching virtual desktops to the right doesn't work - Similar Threads - Switching virtual desktops

2. Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working: After my Laptop sleeps, I cannot use any shortcut to switch between virtual desktops. Neither the Ctrl+Win+ArrowLeft/ArrowRight nor swiping left or right with four fingers on my trackpad. It goes back to working if I restart my device or occasionally after my machine...
  3. Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working: After my Laptop sleeps, I cannot use any shortcut to switch between virtual desktops. Neither the Ctrl+Win+ArrowLeft/ArrowRight nor swiping left or right with four fingers on my trackpad. It goes back to working if I restart my device or occasionally after my machine...
  4. Switch Desktop and sound doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch Desktop and sound doesn't work: Switch the Desktop and press the space button to resume the mp3 player when I was doing the meeting minutes, the sound was gone. Someone on the internet said the problem is due to the incompetence of the UI developer, but is there any way to fix this problem? I don't want to...
  5. Switch Desktop and sound doesn't work

Switch Desktop and sound doesn't work: Switch the Desktop and press the space button to resume the mp3 player when I was doing the meeting minutes, the sound was gone. Someone on the internet said the problem is due to the incompetence of the UI developer, but is there any way to fix this problem? I don't want to...
  6. Virtual desktop switching animation not working on windows 11

Virtual desktop switching animation not working on windows 11: Hello, I recently upgraded on windows 11. I notice that virtual desktop switching animation is not working. Please someone tell to how to fix this?...
  7. Active window in Virtual desktops doesn't automatically switch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active window in Virtual desktops doesn't automatically switch: when using virtual desktops i switch back and forth between messaging programs and entertainment programs, before today i was able to switch desktops and the active window would change to the most recent in the desktop that i am viewing, such that i could press space to...
  8. Keyboard shortcut for switching Virtual Desktops no longer working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard shortcut for switching Virtual Desktops no longer working: Anyone having the same issue, or had the same issue and managed to resolve it? Did a fresh install of windows 10 to declutter my drive and it's still not working. Shortcut was 'ctrl + win + left or right cursor'. I tried different combinations alt/shift etc. None worked....
  9. Virtual desktop switch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual desktop switch: Windows 10, laptop. Sometimes when I log onto my PC, the virtual desktop switches to the furthest on the right. I haven't seen anyone having the same problem, and it's bothering me. submitted by /u/grzesiu447 [link] [comments]...
  10. Virtual desktop switch

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual desktop switch: win+tab opens virtual desktop switch ... but by repeated press it again disappears instead of continuing to next desktop :/ do you know how to advance to next desktop ? by keyboard not by pointing cursor over 2nd desktop ??? (win+tab+1 .... did not worked) alt+tab -...