Windows 10: Switching which monitor is 1 or 2

Discus and support Switching which monitor is 1 or 2 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I would like to switch which monitor is 1 or 2 in a dual monitor setup. I realize I can select which monitor is my default monitor but this is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Akoustyk, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Switching which monitor is 1 or 2

I would like to switch which monitor is 1 or 2 in a dual monitor setup. I realize I can select which monitor is my default monitor but this is not sufficient.

When I use windows key+P If I choose "computer monitor" it does not go to my default monitor.

The other issue is, it will then default my sound to my TV as well.

I would like windows to think my PC monitor is 1 and my TV is 2.

I can't switch the monitors in different plugs, because my videocard has DVI or mini display port, and I want to pass audio to my TV, and don't have HDMI on my monitor (I have mini display to hdmi adapter).

Can I do this?

submitted by /u/Akoustyk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Akoustyk, Apr 4, 2020
  2. pizza.dan Win User

Change monitor 2 to monitor 1 and make it stay.

I did as you suggested, but the problem was not resolved. Windows detects the monitors just fine, but I need to switch monitor 2 to be numbered monitor 1. The main diplay has not effect, as once monitor 1 is turned on monitor two looses display.

pizza.dan, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Switching Display 1 and 2.

Switching Display 1 and 2. I want to switch my 2 monitors and recognize them opposite as they are now

JEFFREYLAMBSON, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Switching which monitor is 1 or 2

Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Switching which monitor is 1 or 2

1. Switching which monitor is 1 or 2 - Similar Threads - Switching monitor

2. Microsoft windows 11, main monitor rescans randomly when secondary monitor is switched off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft windows 11, main monitor rescans randomly when secondary monitor is switched off: ok, I have a very peculiar issue. My main display is a Dell 4K monitor connected to a DisplayPort on NVidia 4090 and my secondary monitor is a Samsung tv QN95A connected to motherboard's HDMI and driven by the on chip INTEL gpu.I have set Dell as primary and Samsung as...
  3. Microsoft windows 11, main monitor rescans randomly when secondary monitor is switched off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft windows 11, main monitor rescans randomly when secondary monitor is switched off: ok, I have a very peculiar issue. My main display is a Dell 4K monitor connected to a DisplayPort on NVidia 4090 and my secondary monitor is a Samsung tv QN95A connected to motherboard's HDMI and driven by the on chip INTEL gpu.I have set Dell as primary and Samsung as...
  4. Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...: I have two external monitors connected to my laptop. While I am sitting at my desk, screen 1 is on the left, screen 2 is on the right. But I can turn the monitors in a different orientation to use with my treadmill desk. When they turned towards the treadmill, screen 1 is now...
  5. Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...

Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...: I have two external monitors connected to my laptop. While I am sitting at my desk, screen 1 is on the left, screen 2 is on the right. But I can turn the monitors in a different orientation to use with my treadmill desk. When they turned towards the treadmill, screen 1 is now...
  6. Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Improve switch apps Ctrl + Alt + Tab when using multi monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Improve switch apps Ctrl + Alt + Tab when using multi monitors: In Window, when we use two or three monitors, we use hot key Ctrl + Alt + Tab to open switch apps, all apps appear on main monitor, include apps of extra monitors, this one is really annoyed due to there are many apps on the main monitor, spend a lot of time to look up app to...
  8. Improve switch apps Ctrl + Alt + Tab when using multi monitors

Improve switch apps Ctrl + Alt + Tab when using multi monitors: In Window, when we use two or three monitors, we use hot key Ctrl + Alt + Tab to open switch apps, all apps appear on main monitor, include apps of extra monitors, this one is really annoyed due to there are many apps on the main monitor, spend a lot of time to look up app to...
  9. How to prevent my monitor from going to sleep when I switch it off? Using multiple displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent my monitor from going to sleep when I switch it off? Using multiple displays: I'm currently using a dual monitor setupOn my left monitor there are several productivity icons and my taskbarOn my right monitor is where I usually do my work, and thus there are only a few iconsI keep my PC and right monitor on all the time, as I receive work-related...
  10. How to prevent my monitor from going to sleep when I switch it off? Using multiple displays

How to prevent my monitor from going to sleep when I switch it off? Using multiple displays: I'm currently using a dual monitor setupOn my left monitor there are several productivity icons and my taskbarOn my right monitor is where I usually do my work, and thus there are only a few iconsI keep my PC and right monitor on all the time, as I receive work-related...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. switching monitor 1 and 2 windows 10

2. switch number 1 and 2 monitors windows 10

3. cant switch monitor 1 and 2 windows 10

4. switched computer screens & now screen 2 wont display as main windows 10,
  5. not allowing me to switch which monitor is 1 and 2