Windows 10: Switching Windows 10 licenses between two laptops Home license and Pro license

Discus and support Switching Windows 10 licenses between two laptops Home license and Pro license in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a question in regards to migrating windows licenses between laptops. My current laptop has a windows 10 pro license on it. I'm planning to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChristopherPaschall, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Switching Windows 10 licenses between two laptops Home license and Pro license

I have a question in regards to migrating windows licenses between laptops. My current laptop has a windows 10 pro license on it. I'm planning to purchase a new laptop that has a windows 10 home license on it. Is it possible to switch licenses around between two different laptops? Basically I want to migrate the windows 10 license to the new laptop and then clean wipe my current laptop and migrate the windows 10 home license from the new laptop and do a full fresh install of the windows 10 home license on my current laptop. Is that possible?

:)

ChristopherPaschall, Jan 12, 2021

2. Windows 7 license question

Hi. Is it possible to take a Windows 7 Pro license that's currently installed on a Dell laptop and move that to a Dell desktop and take the Windows 7 Home license from the Dell desktop and install that on the laptop? I would just be switching the licenses from one to another. I get conflicting answers. The desktop would have a new hard drive installed on it and more RAM. I would be doing a fresh install on BOTH machines using a legitimate bloat free Windows disk. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Jan 12, 2021
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jan 12, 2021
  4. krimetal Win User

Switching Windows 10 licenses between two laptops Home license and Pro license

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Switching Windows 10 licenses between two laptops Home license and Pro license

1. Switching Windows 10 licenses between two laptops Home license and Pro license - Similar Threads - Switching licenses between

2. switching licenses between two laptops

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    switching licenses between two laptops: Hello,I have two laptops, one is running Windows 10 Pro and the other is running Windows 10 home. I want to switch the licenses Pro to Home and Home to Pro. Is it possible to do so?...
  3. switching licenses between two laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    switching licenses between two laptops: Hello,I have two laptops, one is running Windows 10 Pro and the other is running Windows 10 home. I want to switch the licenses Pro to Home and Home to Pro. Is it possible to do so?...
  4. switching licenses between two laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Swap Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home edition license between two laptops

Swap Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home edition license between two laptops: Hi All, I had an Dell XPS 15 laptop purchased many years back. I also had bought windows 10 Pro when it was launched. Now recently I bought an Dell Alienware laptop and I wish to swap the license between this two laptops. Please let me know how I can do that. Thanks...
  6. Volume PRO license to HOME license ? (WINDOWS 10)

Volume PRO license to HOME license ? (WINDOWS 10): Hi, my son's laptop (purchased outright from a large chain electronics store in another country) has just started popping up with a "Your Windows licence will expire soon" message. It turns out that it has a volume licence and we would be coming to the end of our 180 days. I...
  7. Switch Windows Home license

Switch Windows Home license: Hi I have 2 Surface, one with Windows 10 Home and the other Windows 10 Professional. Now I would like to switch the license from one surface to the other, what are the steps? Many thanks and Regards, Francesco...
  8. Switch licenses in Windows 10 - from Home to Pro

Switch licenses in Windows 10 - from Home to Pro: I've recently bought a notebook which came with Windows 10 Home. In my Microsoft device list, I also have an inactive Windows 10 Pro licence from another notebook which I wiped and installed linux over. Can I use that inactive (not marked as so, though) licence and add it...
  9. Switching Two Windows 10 Licenses

Switching Two Windows 10 Licenses: I bought a windows surface pro 3 and it came with windows 8.1 and a free upgrade to windows 10 when it came out. Sometime during my four years with the surface I upgraded the windows 10 home to windows 10 Pro. Now I have purchased a new laptop and I am wondering if I can...
  10. How to switch Windows 10 home/PRO licenses between 2 notebook?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to switch Windows 10 home/PRO licenses between 2 notebook?: Hi all, I own 2 notebooks: The first one (the older one), with the following upgrade history: Windows 7 OEM -> Upgraded to Windows 8.1 PRO with a bought and legitimate license -> Upgraded to Windows 10 PRO with free Micorsoft upgrade. The second one (the new one),...