Windows 10: Switching Windows over to a different PC

Discus and support Switching Windows over to a different PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, i am building a new PC next week and selling my old PC. I was wondering what steps i need to take to switch my windows over to a new PC while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dbradZR, May 10, 2019.

1. dbradZR Win User

Switching Windows over to a different PC

Hello, i am building a new PC next week and selling my old PC. I was wondering what steps i need to take to switch my windows over to a new PC while also dissociating it with my old PC.

:)

dbradZR, May 10, 2019

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, May 10, 2019
  3. SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    Switching Windows over to a different PC 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    Switching Windows over to a different PC 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, May 10, 2019
  4. csatennis Win User

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, May 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Switching Windows over to a different PC - Similar Threads - Switching different

2. When I switch to a different desktop, all my taskbar programs get rearranged at random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I switch to a different desktop, all my taskbar programs get rearranged at random: This is extremely annoying. I constantly switch between desktops by pressing Ctrl+Windows+ArrowKey, and it makes it so that if I set up an order on my taskbar icons and swap desktops, the order shuffles at random, and sometimes the taskbar icons become invisible. I really...
  3. When I switch to a different desktop, all my taskbar programs get rearranged at random

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I switch to a different desktop, all my taskbar programs get rearranged at random: This is extremely annoying. I constantly switch between desktops by pressing Ctrl+Windows+ArrowKey, and it makes it so that if I set up an order on my taskbar icons and swap desktops, the order shuffles at random, and sometimes the taskbar icons become invisible. I really...
  4. Stack overflow when switching between different language keyboards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stack overflow when switching between different language keyboards: Stack overflow when switching between different language keyboards, using the icon on the task bar and its related pop-up list. I have several different language keyboards set up in my system. Whole system freeezes and I need to re-boot. Not possible to take a...
  5. Stack overflow when switching between different language keyboards

Stack overflow when switching between different language keyboards: Stack overflow when switching between different language keyboards, using the icon on the task bar and its related pop-up list. I have several different language keyboards set up in my system. Whole system freeezes and I need to re-boot. Not possible to take a...
  6. Bitlocker PIN interface will show as corrupted screen after switch a different resolution...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker PIN interface will show as corrupted screen after switch a different resolution...: I connect a extermal monitor to my notebook, and the external monitor resolution is different to notebook internal monitor. I close LID first and boot into Bitlocker blue screen interface, then I open LID to switch screen from External to Internal. The interfact will become a...
  7. Bitlocker PIN interface will show as corrupted screen after switch a different resolution...

Bitlocker PIN interface will show as corrupted screen after switch a different resolution...: I connect a extermal monitor to my notebook, and the external monitor resolution is different to notebook internal monitor. I close LID first and boot into Bitlocker blue screen interface, then I open LID to switch screen from External to Internal. The interfact will become a...
  8. I switched my USB drivers to a different one in device manager and now I cant use my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I switched my USB drivers to a different one in device manager and now I cant use my...: Refering to title, I switched the drivers for the usb because i was trying to fix a problem my pc has where it provides power but not data transfer through the usb ports, and now I have no clue on how to fix this. I can go into the UEFI menu but there was not much I can do....
  9. I switched my USB drivers to a different one in device manager and now I cant use my...

I switched my USB drivers to a different one in device manager and now I cant use my...: Refering to title, I switched the drivers for the usb because i was trying to fix a problem my pc has where it provides power but not data transfer through the usb ports, and now I have no clue on how to fix this. I can go into the UEFI menu but there was not much I can do....
  10. Switching os to different harddrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching os to different harddrive: I have win10 installed on the hdd in my laptop and I want to reinstall it to the ssd. Can I just reinstall and can I just delete the other copy? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-os-to-different-harddrive/5838e501-dd0d-44ab-af43-849d4e169f7b