Windows 10: Switching Windows !) Pro 64 - S Mode

Discus and support Switching Windows !) Pro 64 - S Mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Build 17134.320 01/10/2018 I have had a major software crash believed to be caused by a Windows update that failed. As a result I have had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by crowjon, Oct 3, 2018.

1. crowjon Win User

Switching Windows !) Pro 64 - S Mode

Build 17134.320 01/10/2018

I have had a major software crash believed to be caused by a Windows update that failed. As a result I have had to reinstall Windows which was done successfully and automatically activated. However, the version is in S Mode, which I did not request. As a result I am unable to install some of my original software, e.g. Acronis 2018.

I have searched for a solution to revert to NORMAL mode with no luck. Windows Support says to go to SETTING/UPDATE & SECURITY/Activation. Then press the upgrade button etc. The latter options are NOT available on this screen.

There is another thread on TWITTER that suggest going direct to the APP STORE and searching for the Windows S Mode Switch App and pres GET. This does not work as no results for this appear.

This leaves me with a business machine that cannot use my preferred 'SAFE' software. PLease can anyone help resolve this issue for me,

:)

crowjon, Oct 3, 2018

2. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Andre Da Costa, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Ethan B. Win User

Switching out of Windows 10 Pro S Mode

Hi Amanda,

Hope I can help you here, I'd actually like for you to go to Pro since you can do so much more with your very capable machine. Given that Windows 10 Pro is in S mode, and on your computer is not Windows 10 S itself, you should be able to switch out of that.

Here's a link that should serve as a reference to these instructions that will follow:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deploy...

1. Sign into the Microsoft Store using your Microsoft account.

2. Search for "S mode"

3. In the offer, click Buy, Get, OR Learn more. You'll be prompted to save your files before the switch starts. Follow the prompts to switch to Windows 10 Pro.

Let me know what happens when you try to perform these steps, and we'll be able to go from there. Good luck.

Ethan B., Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Switching Windows !) Pro 64 - S Mode - Similar Threads - Switching Pro Mode

2. SWITCH OUT OF WINDOWS 10 PRO IN S MODE

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    SWITCH OUT OF WINDOWS 10 PRO IN S MODE: I have been having issues with switching out of Windows 10 Pro in S mode. I got this Dell Inspiron 3583 in December from Amazon. It had Windows 10 Home in S mode. A friend of mine gave me a product key to try and switch it to Windows 10 Pro, and it is Pro now, but its still...
  3. Switching out of S mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching out of S mode: My computer will not let me switch out of S mode it says I need to check with a system administrator, how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-out-of-s-mode/85c592f3-da35-461d-881b-05f913c12f6b
  4. Can't switch Windows 10 Pro out of S mode

Can't switch Windows 10 Pro out of S mode: I just got a new HP laptop. It came with windows 10 pro. I wanted to download Chrome browser. It wouldn't let me because it is in Smode. I followed the tutorials to get it out of S mode. I got the the place where I click "Get" in order to switch out of S mode. It then asks me...
  5. Switching out of S Mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Switching out of S Mode: I recently received a new laptop. It is in Windows S Mode, which prevents me from using programs that I need. When I try to got to the Microsoft Store to switch out of S Mode, I get an error message that says "Try Again Later - Something happened on our end." My OS is up to...
  6. Switching out of s mode

Switching out of s mode: I am attempting to switch out of s mode. I have scoured every article within the community and tried every suggested fix. When I access the Microsoft Store which is upgraded to the most recent version and go to "switch out of s mode" the button for "Get" is greyed out and...
  7. switching to s mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    switching to s mode: I just got a new surface go. I have windows pro w s mode. It will not let me select the get button to switch out of s mode on the store. What do I need to change so I can select get button....
  8. Switching out of S Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching out of S Mode: Someone please assist me, I am trying to switch out of S Mode but having no luck following instructions on given links, I don't seem to have the same options as others, when I go onto store, it says to contact administrator even though I am. I need to download Cricut to...
  9. S mode switch

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    S mode switch: I am unable to download S-mode switch from Microsoft store says something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade try again I try again and it just repeats https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/s-mode-switch/48b596fd-54fb-4f42-8dae-2547b2e0e581"
  10. Can't switch from S Mode to Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't switch from S Mode to Windows 10 Pro?: I just bought a new Surface Laptop and it came in S Mode, which I can't use because I need to download external software for both school and work. Every time I go to the page on the Windows Store and click 'Install", it always says 'something happened and we couldn't start...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. switching to windows 10 from s mode do you loose settings