Windows 10: switching Windows to other ms account

Discus and support switching Windows to other ms account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,I would love to give my old laptop to my sister. I just want to ask if I should clean install windows and add her MS account on my old device or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LatoyaDumar, May 26, 2022.

1. switching Windows to other ms account

Hi,I would love to give my old laptop to my sister. I just want to ask if I should clean install windows and add her MS account on my old device or there is an easier way?

:)

LatoyaDumar, May 26, 2022
  2. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

3. AndreTen Win User
    AndreTen, May 26, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

switching Windows to other ms account

local account unable to switch to MS account

That's ok. When you get to step 7 above, you would just leave it blank.

When you successfully switch to a Microsoft account, it will use the password of your Microsoft account.

Brink, May 26, 2022
Thema:

switching Windows to other ms account

1. switching Windows to other ms account - Similar Threads - switching account

2. how to switch windows 10 child account to local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to switch windows 10 child account to local account: i saw someone asking the same question but i still can't change it below "your family" it only said we can't connect to Microsoft family on this device might not be up to date I was thinking what dose that matter for a long time....
  3. how to switch windows 10 child account to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to switch windows 10 child account to local account: i saw someone asking the same question but i still can't change it below "your family" it only said we can't connect to Microsoft family on this device might not be up to date I was thinking what dose that matter for a long time....
  4. how to switch windows 10 child account to local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why is my hotmail.com account switching the first letter on me when I try to sign in???...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my hotmail.com account switching the first letter on me when I try to sign in???...: I try to sign in on my Hotmail.com account and when I click to go to sign in password , the first letter of MY hotmail.com has changed to a small letter **** Then the passwords don't work. I tried several times and every time it changed the first letter from a capital letter...
  6. Why is my hotmail.com account switching the first letter on me when I try to sign in???...

Why is my hotmail.com account switching the first letter on me when I try to sign in???...: I try to sign in on my Hotmail.com account and when I click to go to sign in password , the first letter of MY hotmail.com has changed to a small letter **** Then the passwords don't work. I tried several times and every time it changed the first letter from a capital letter...
  7. Why is my hotmail.com account switching the first letter on me when I try to sign in???...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Local accounts on computer not appearing in Switch User panel or startup screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local accounts on computer not appearing in Switch User panel or startup screen: Hello everyone, this issue has been going on for a few weeks nowIn doing some rutinary computer cleaning, I found a user folder in C: that was from a local account that I renamed at some point in time, but the user folder was "duplicated" so there was a user folder with the...
  9. Why can't I switch my account for my settings to change my pin on windows hello.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I switch my account for my settings to change my pin on windows hello.: I recently bought a game and when I try to sign in, it states that I need to enter my window hello pin which I don't have. I tried going to my settings to change my PIN, but it led me to my old Microsoft account that I still want. I can't figure out how to change my account...
  10. Why can't I switch my account for my settings to change my pin on windows hello.

Why can't I switch my account for my settings to change my pin on windows hello.: I recently bought a game and when I try to sign in, it states that I need to enter my window hello pin which I don't have. I tried going to my settings to change my PIN, but it led me to my old Microsoft account that I still want. I can't figure out how to change my account...