Windows 10: SWOP OLD ACER W10 LT 1TB SSD TO NEW ACER SPIN 3 W10 LT 250GB SSD WITHOU CLONING ?

Discus and support SWOP OLD ACER W10 LT 1TB SSD TO NEW ACER SPIN 3 W10 LT 250GB SSD WITHOU CLONING ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HI Is this as simple as I would like it to be by any chance as W10 is installed on both LTs so no need to Clone ?? Many thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by L HDOWNING, Apr 7, 2021.

1. SWOP OLD ACER W10 LT 1TB SSD TO NEW ACER SPIN 3 W10 LT 250GB SSD WITHOU CLONING ?

HI Is this as simple as I would like it to be by any chance as W10 is installed on both LTs so no need to Clone ??

Many thanks

:)

L HDOWNING, Apr 7, 2021
  2. Paul Goguta, Apr 7, 2021
  3. reinstalling w10 onto ssd?

laptop comes with 2 drives

it looks like this:

imgur.com

disk 1= hdd

disk 0 = sdd

question #1: what's on the ssd? is there anything needed for w10 on the ssd right now?

is there anything needed for w10 on the ssd right now? are we able to reinstall with clean install on ssd, and the w10 on the hdd would still work?

w10 installed digitally i guess? is activated

did the windows updates

problem: the 'cloning' softwares does not let me 'clone' the hdd to the sdd

question #2: why? what is the problem?

dunno which is faster, to do clean install on ssd and do updates again, or just clone

question #3: has anyone done this kind of thing recently? which is faster?

question #4: are there any good articles or youtubes that tells us what we're suppose to do?

the general sites just says one option is to use the cloning software, but they dont tell explain to us what we're suppose to do

another option seems to be 'system image' but that seems extremely complicated with so many steps

laptophelpthx, Apr 7, 2021
  4. SWOP OLD ACER W10 LT 1TB SSD TO NEW ACER SPIN 3 W10 LT 250GB SSD WITHOU CLONING ?

Installing W10 on a new SSD

Probably been asked a trillion times but I cannot find a straight forward answer.

I am soon to be changing my HDD for an SSD in my 6 month old Lenovo laptop, it came with W10 HOME pre installed with a partition for the drivers on the HDD.

If I put a new SSD in the laptop and then install W10 HOME will it automatically activate or will I have to buy a new licence as there is no key to activate on the underside of the laptop.

PeterWilkinson1964, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

SWOP OLD ACER W10 LT 1TB SSD TO NEW ACER SPIN 3 W10 LT 250GB SSD WITHOU CLONING ?

1. SWOP OLD ACER W10 LT 1TB SSD TO NEW ACER SPIN 3 W10 LT 250GB SSD WITHOU CLONING ? - Similar Threads - SWOP OLD ACER

2. acer spin 3 touch screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    acer spin 3 touch screen: i have acer spin 3 laptop. the touch screen works totally fine using the stylus but doesn't totally work using fingers. i tried everything i've read here but none of it works. please help...
  3. acer spin 3 touch screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    acer spin 3 touch screen: i have acer spin 3 laptop. the touch screen works totally fine using the stylus but doesn't totally work using fingers. i tried everything i've read here but none of it works. please help...
  4. Migrating 1TB HDD to a 250GB SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Migrating 1TB HDD to a 250GB SSD: I've got a 2TB C drive that I'm running at the moment. The thing takes ages to load up. I've also had a 250GB SSD sitting on my shelf for a while. The issue is that there is no boot partition on the old the HDD so the OS is just lumped in there with everything else....
  5. W10 ssd in new machine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 ssd in new machine: Im getting a new system and putting my old ssd in the new system as the os drive. Do i need to reinstall Windows ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-ssd-in-new-machine/7e9d7623-86bb-4b2d-bc93-d89eef82d0c5
  6. Cloning 120gb SSD -> 250gb SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloning 120gb SSD -> 250gb SSD: I'm upgrading my old 120gb SSD to a new one that's 250gb, and while I'm no stranger to cloning a disk, I've never cloned a disk to a larger disk size. I'm using the program Macrium Reflect, just for reference. If I make an image of my current 120gb SSD and apply it to the...
  7. AutoCAD LT

in Windows 10 Customization
    AutoCAD LT: I use AutoCAD LT 2014. Will switching to Windows 10 affect this program at all? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autocad-lt/e2f0da7a-aa9e-463b-872f-9946abb939f4
  8. Migrating W10 from SSD to USB and then to new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrating W10 from SSD to USB and then to new SSD: Hi Some months ago, I bought a new Custom-built PC with a 128G M2 SSD, where Windows lives. Over the months, this SSD has become too full with Program Installs to allow for Windows updates (where it needs to make another copy...). So I have bought a new Samsung 500G M2 SSD,...
  9. Cloning old Windows 10 SSD to new SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cloning old Windows 10 SSD to new SSD: If I clone my old upgraded windows 10 SSD to a new SSD and do a clean install on the new SSD. Would the new cloned SSD be activated? 9609
  10. SSD upgrade, cloning W10, and recovery partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD upgrade, cloning W10, and recovery partition: I just bought a new SSD, San Disk ultra II 960GB. I want to install it in my Samsung Ativbook. The computer originally came with windows 8 but I did the free upgrade to 10. Ever since I upgraded, the computer is running much slower and takes a lot longer to boot. As a result,...