Windows 10: SWTOR launcher crashes since Windows update to 2004 version

Discus and support SWTOR launcher crashes since Windows update to 2004 version in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone. Since Windows feature update 2004 on early August, i have an issue with SWTOR game Star Wars: the old republic, mmo game. Before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HarkonnenGR, Aug 27, 2020.

1. SWTOR launcher crashes since Windows update to 2004 version

Hello everyone. Since Windows feature update 2004 on early August, i have an issue with SWTOR game Star Wars: the old republic, mmo game.

Before continuing. I's like to add that i have already contacted game support and tried various fixes mentioned next.

Reinstalling the game. Changing versions. Editing ini files. Running system checks and full AV scans. All which did not help.

Also I have the same problem on all clients: Normal game installation non steam, with bitraider, non streaming installation no steam, no bitraider and with steam installation.

Now. The game launcher will run and patch without issue. The problem happens next when i click PLAY.

Heres the report as it appears currently installed through steam:

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\RetailClient\swtor.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: swtor.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 5f19ab5c
    Fault Module Name: swtor.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 5f19ab5c
    Exception Code: c0000096
    Exception Offset: 00a7e0d0
    OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: 3f75
    Additional Information 2: 3f75bb4e531e9431ce48e18d64698afb
    Additional Information 3: 3f75
    Additional Information 4: 3f75bb4e531e9431ce48e18d64698afb

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: c48fb29f524f55e6ac88d8c680b63a8c 2056131576969181836

:)

HarkonnenGR, Aug 27, 2020
  2. Gwydion62 Win User

SWTOR and windows 10

Hi,

my SWTOR is not running under windows 10...

Launcher worked and then the game is only opening the starting screen and crashes after 2 seconds.

Reinstalling did not help

Any ideas?

Gwydion62, Aug 27, 2020
  3. Having problem update to Windows 10, version 2004

Hi,

I'm Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor & I understand from the description that your encountering error while installing the latest windows updates so I suggest you follow the below instructions to upgrade the windows to the latest version 2004 manually
    following the below steps.

Latest Windows Feature Pack 2004 update manually steps:

Step: 1

Open the link below

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Step 2:

Click Update which will download the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Step 3:

Run the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant & then click Update now.

Step 4: It will start downloading the update and also shows the percentage of download.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Aug 27, 2020
  4. SWTOR launcher crashes since Windows update to 2004 version

So after Reset, SWTOR will not run.

5 Installs now, I have run SWTOR's utilities. I have restarted several times. I set the Firewall rules. I spent 4 hours talking with EA tech support. Still the same problems. It still changes the screen resolution and promptly crashes on the splash page
    on start up. Occasionally it gets to the Character select window, then crashes. This all started with the update and reset fiasco. SWTOR purred like a kitten before that. I had already done everything on the suggestion link. I did them again. Which was insanity,
    doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome.

Deeper solutions are needed.

Where in the Local Group Policy Editor can I turn off resolution alteration by programs? It is not obvious like it was in XP or 7.

SurlyBastard, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

SWTOR launcher crashes since Windows update to 2004 version

1. SWTOR launcher crashes since Windows update to 2004 version - Similar Threads - SWTOR launcher crashes

2. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not updated since 2004: Hi, My Windows has not been updated since version 2004, which will soon lose support. Every time I try to update the first parts work fine, but on the last reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo, after which I have to force the reset, causing the update to roll back. Is there...
  3. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not updated since 2004: Hi, My Windows has not been updated since version 2004, which will soon lose support. Every time I try to update the first parts work fine, but on the last reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo, after which I have to force the reset, causing the update to roll back. Is there...
  4. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows not updated since 2004

Windows not updated since 2004: My Windows has not been updated since version 2004 Every time I try to update, the first phases work fine, but on the last reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo, after which I have to force the reset, causing the update to roll back. I did the SFC and DISM commands. All my...
  6. Windows 2004 update crash: Getting SECOND_BOOT since May!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 2004 update crash: Getting SECOND_BOOT since May!: Hey guys, i just registered here because I don't know what do anymore: My Windows 1909 just doesn't want to update to 2004, even Microsoft offers it from time to time on Microsoft Update. I tried all kinds of installations methods from download via Windows Update to...
  7. SWTOR launcher/game crashes since Windows update to 2004 version

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SWTOR launcher/game crashes since Windows update to 2004 version: Hello everyone. Since Windows feature update 2004 on early August, i have an issue with SWTOR game Star Wars: the old republic, mmo game. Before continuing. I's like to add that i have already contacted game support and tried various fixes mentioned next. Reinstalling the...
  8. Windows 10 just crashing continuously since version 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 just crashing continuously since version 2004 update: So I updated to 2004, and after it's done all it does is this. I can't even get into the setup menu to revert back to the previous windows version. How can this be fixed? Thanks for your time. submitted by /u/anhydrous_echinoderm [link] [comments]...
  9. Update Errors since Windows 10 version 2004

Update Errors since Windows 10 version 2004: On June 13, 2020, my desktop computer updated to Windows 10 version 2004. Other than the widely reported ESSENT warnings flooding the event log, I have two persistent update failures. Here's the first one: Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following...
  10. Cannot see the Update page since updating to Version 2004.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot see the Update page since updating to Version 2004.: All I see is a blank page and the loading dots: https://i.imgur.com/C4XB9qd.png Anybody know what's going on? submitted by /u/Cuntable [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gy99ui/cannot_see_the_update_page_since_updating_to/