Windows 10: sxstrace.exe

Discus and support sxstrace.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by irismart, Oct 24, 2020.

1. irismart Win User

sxstrace.exe

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

That is the message I am getting.

Do not know how to do what instructions are saying? Is there a video?

:)

irismart, Oct 24, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    NESHTA.A VIRUS REMOVED BUT .EXE NOT WORKING

Hi Khaled,

It is possible that you .exe is not working due to corrupted system files or account. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Does this happen with a specific application or with all of your application?
    • Have you tried creating a new admin account to check if the issue also with new account or only with the current account?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how
    to create a new admin account.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 24, 2020
  4. sxstrace.exe

USB drive will not run exes.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you in solving the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you have installed any Antivirus in the Laptop.

I suggest you to run the program in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persist.

• Right click on the “.exe” file of the program and select properties.
    • Under Compatibility tab, check the option for “Run in Compatibility mode”.
    • Select the Operating System from the drop down list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

sxstrace.exe

1. sxstrace.exe - Similar Threads - sxstrace exe

2. MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe fail on install silent SCCM deployment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe fail on install silent SCCM deployment: MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe /silent /install][Installation] :: Execution failed with exit code [-2147219198].is there a debug log or something? what to do from here?...
  3. MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe fail on install silent SCCM deployment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe fail on install silent SCCM deployment: MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe /silent /install][Installation] :: Execution failed with exit code [-2147219198].is there a debug log or something? what to do from here?...
  4. MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe fail on install silent SCCM deployment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Proclnfo .exe this application can not be started

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Proclnfo .exe this application can not be started: it keeps popping up on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/proclnfo-exe-this-application-can-not-be-started/0db1ab36-54f7-490b-86ae-7e3622ff606a
  6. Proclnfo .exe this application can not be started

Proclnfo .exe this application can not be started: it keeps popping up on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/proclnfo-exe-this-application-can-not-be-started/0db1ab36-54f7-490b-86ae-7e3622ff606a
  7. Exe files not opening/working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exe files not opening/working: Hello! I have a problem, whenever I try to open .exe files, all it does is make the grey bar at the top of the file tab grow brighter. But for some reason, my laptop only opens some .exe files, i don't know why. But when i open .exe files it mostly doesn't work.Thanks....
  8. Exe files not opening/working

Exe files not opening/working: Hello! I have a problem, whenever I try to open .exe files, all it does is make the grey bar at the top of the file tab grow brighter. But for some reason, my laptop only opens some .exe files, i don't know why. But when i open .exe files it mostly doesn't work.Thanks....
  9. Windows .exe file association is broken - every program including cmd, regedit, notepad,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows .exe file association is broken - every program including cmd, regedit, notepad,...: I accidentally changed my default exe file opener to Adobe Acrobat, when I ran the .exe file it appeared select an app to open this .exe file. when I run regedit, cmd, notepad and taskmgr it shows application not found how do i solve it?...
  10. Windows .exe file association is broken - every program including cmd, regedit, notepad,...

Windows .exe file association is broken - every program including cmd, regedit, notepad,...: I accidentally changed my default exe file opener to Adobe Acrobat, when I ran the .exe file it appeared select an app to open this .exe file. when I run regedit, cmd, notepad and taskmgr it shows application not found how do i solve it?...