Windows 10: Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.RU5 will not install

Discus and support Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.RU5 will not install in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just wanted to let folks know that Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.RU5 will not install on the Windows 10 Technical Preview. No errors, it just... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by azasadny, Oct 5, 2014.

1. azasadny Win User

Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.RU5 will not install

I just wanted to let folks know that Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.RU5 will not install on the Windows 10 Technical Preview. No errors, it just refuses to install...

:)

azasadny, Oct 5, 2014

2. Excel Preview on Windows 10 Pro

Hi,

I am from Symantec Technical Support team.

Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) adds support for Windows 10 with 12.1.6 MP1 .For Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1, a maintenance patch has been released on July 29, 2015.

You can upgrade to Windows 10 with Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.6 MP1 or 12.1.6 MP1a installed, You must uninstall earlier versions of Symantec Endpoint Protection.

For more details check the following article:

Endpoint Protection support for Windows 10

Related article: Upgrade to Windows 10 prompts to uninstall Endpoint Protection after an upgrade to 12.1.6 MP1

Error: "Uninstall this app now because it isn't compatible with Windows 10" after upgrade to Endpoint Protection 12.1.6 MP1 or later

Best Regards,

Chetan

Chetan Savade, Oct 5, 2014
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade problem with Symantec

Hi,

I am from Symantec Technical Support team.

Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) adds support for Windows 10 with 12.1.6 MP1 .For Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1, a maintenance patch has been released on July 29, 2015.

You can upgrade to Windows 10 with Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.6 MP1 or 12.1.6 MP1a installed, You must uninstall earlier versions of Symantec Endpoint Protection. The operating system upgrade stops if it detects an earlier version of Symantec Endpoint
    Protection.

In your case it seems there are some foot prints of SEP are still there, please run the latest Cleanwipe tool.

Cleanwipe tool is available to download from
    Flexnetoperations.com
    , or support can also provide it.

For more details check the following article:

Endpoint Protection support for Windows 10

See related article as well: Upgrade to Windows 10 prompts to uninstall Endpoint Protection after an upgrade to 12.1.6 MP1

Error: "Uninstall this app now because it isn't compatible with Windows 10" after upgrade to Endpoint Protection 12.1.6 MP1 or later

Chetan Savade, Oct 5, 2014
  4. Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.RU5 will not install

Same for Norton Internet Security - will not install.

The Doctor, Oct 7, 2014
  5. azasadny Win User
    Good to know, thanks! Malwarebytes did install correctly, though.

azasadny, Oct 7, 2014
  6. I installed Webroot Security Anywhere Endpoint Protection 8.0.5.107 no issues. Now to install 9879 I have to uninstall it, have to do it from the webroot admins console @ work. You cannot uninstall it from appwiz like the consumer flavor and I cannot remember the command line entry, so it waits till tomorrow.

python134r, Nov 14, 2014
  7. Norton is listed at the app store :/
    Did you try that version ?
    Cheers.

ThrashZone, Nov 14, 2014
  8. Boozad Win User

If Norton and Symantec won't install then MS really are doing us a favour.

Boozad, Nov 16, 2014
  9. mjk3psux Win User
    Installed Windows 10 over top of a Windows 8.1 system on day 2 of the release – and believe I was running Symantec’s End point running version 12.1.6318.6100 using 12.1.6.MPIA under Windows 8.1 – and was running that version once I got to Windows 10. I then noticed that I was not getting the normal virus definition updates and started to look into reloading End Point. It was at this point that I found out that I could not remove the current Symantec environment using the normal removal process under Windows (received a message that software updates were pending and needed to reboot – but the message remained after doing a reboot). At this point I tried the Symantec Removal tool which also failed in a similar manner. At this point I called Symantec and opened up an issue – and during a WebEx session the support person downloaded a zip file that contained Clean Wipe 12.1 RU6 MPIA.zip. When this version of Clean Wipe kicks off – it also starts the Symantec Diagnostic Support Tool first – which found a number of errors that existed. I then used the Clean Wipe program to remove my old version of Symantec End Point Manager.

mjk3psux, Aug 24, 2015
  10. azasadny Win User
    Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) requires SEP RU6 MP1a to run on Windows 10. This is the "enterprise" product and not the consumer one...

azasadny, Sep 13, 2015
  11. azasadny Win User
    Good info! I ALWAYS recommend Cleanwipe when uninstalling and especially when attempting to reinstall...

azasadny, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.RU5 will not install - Similar Threads - Symantec Endpoint Protection

2. Install endpoint protection solution on virtual machines

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Install endpoint protection solution on virtual machines: We have defender as the antivirus software which is already installed on the virtual machines, but why does Azure Advisor - Security states that we need to 0"Install endpoint protection solution on virtual machines " ?I am not clear. Is this something different from Defender?...
  3. Can you run Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.2 in Safe Mode and/or Safe Mode w/Networking on...

Can you run Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.2 in Safe Mode and/or Safe Mode w/Networking on...: Greetings, and hello I was wondering if it's possible to run a FULL virus scan in Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.2 in Safe Mode and/or Safe Mode w/Networking on Win 10 Pro, 64-bit? I think it may detect things/more things than it would vs. running a FULL virus scan in Normal...
  4. AppHangB1 error with Steam and Symantec Endpoint Protection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AppHangB1 error with Steam and Symantec Endpoint Protection: I have had two applications crash with the error AppHangB1 Steam and Symantec Endpoint Protection while trying to use them. The issue could be unrelated to Windows, but given that it affects two distinct applications I wanted to ask about it here. 1 I am no longer able to...
  5. Windows Script Host error popping up after reinstalling Symantec EndPoint Protection on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Script Host error popping up after reinstalling Symantec EndPoint Protection on...: [ATTACH] I recently uninstalled Symantec EndPoint Protection on my Windows 10 corporate PC. After reinstalling it, I get this error message related to the Windows Script Host. It says "There is no file extension in 'C\PROGRA~2\Symantec\Symantec'. I am not sure where to even...
  6. cannot install symantec endpoint protection cloud on surface pro x

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot install symantec endpoint protection cloud on surface pro x: I have multiple computers with the same problem are new installations [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-symantec-endpoint-protection-cloud/0652ed85-4f9a-4ea9-8bd3-a7294bd04eb0
  7. Symantec Endpoint Protection

Symantec Endpoint Protection: My Symantec Endpoint Protection has been corrupted and I am unable to install a new version of Norton Antivirus. I have downloaded the program but when I try to install by clicking on the .exe install appears on the screen momentarily and disappears. I then try the retry...
  8. Windows Autopilot with Symantec Endpoint encryption

Windows Autopilot with Symantec Endpoint encryption: Hi all, Is it possible to use Autopilot to upgrade W7 to W10 without having to de-crypt a Symantec Endpoint encryption protected drive? Thanks in advance....
  9. Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection

Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection: What virus or malware is shutting down Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection Windows 7? I run the update for definitions and it cancels on its own....
  10. BSOD after installing Symantec Endpoint Protection v14

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after installing Symantec Endpoint Protection v14: This is a an MSI GhostPro GS60 2QE-606 laptop running Windows 10 Pro creators edition and has the NVidia Geforce GTX 970M display adaptor. After installing SEP 14 and restarting, sys will not boot it instantly goes into BSOD with KERNEL_MODE_SECURITY_ERROR and I think I...