Windows 10: Symantec Prevents Win Update autorun.dll run from File Explorer

Discus and support Symantec Prevents Win Update autorun.dll run from File Explorer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Background: IT allows me to keep the Sr. Center Windows 10 computers updated. Between the last update I did and this past week, IT installed Symantec... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wynona, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Wynona Win User

Symantec Prevents Win Update autorun.dll run from File Explorer

Background: IT allows me to keep the Sr. Center Windows 10 computers updated. Between the last update I did and this past week, IT installed Symantec on them.

Problem: Last week, while the lab isn’t being used all that much, I decided to update those computers using UUPDump and a “repair” install.

Whoops! I get the message that Symantec has disallowed File Explorer to run “autorun.dll”! Do what!?!? So, I call IT Jim and he said, yes, he’d installed Symantec and to just stop it from running. If that didn’t work, just uninstall Symantec.

OK, so, stopping Symantec didn’t work (same message), nor did uninstalling Symantec through Windows Uninstall (same message)!

CleanWipe ( Uninstall Endpoint Protection with the CleanWipe utility ) may take care of the problem, but I’m hoping for something that would create a little less work for those in IT.

Any ideas, folks? I’m flummoxed, but if I have to, I’ll go this route. I just want to explore other fixes first.

:)

Wynona, Aug 9, 2019

2. Can someone upload this .dll for me?

On autoruns there is something under:
    HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\Components
    0 File not found: About:Home

Is what it says. This is the closest thing to a missing DLL I can find, everything running looks legit, can't find that specific DLL, which is probably why it says it can't find it.

Also:
    rqRIaWMd.dll File not found: C:\WINDOWS\system32\rqRIaWMd.dll

B1gg3stN00b, Aug 9, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    How can I remove this virus remnant?

I was also going to suggest Autoruns.

Check to make sure it isn't attaching itself to explorer. It should be the 3rd thing listed in Autoruns, the listing for the Shell. It should just be Explorer.exe. If it is anything else, that might be your problem.

newtekie1, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Can someone upload this .dll for me?

ya your infected and i bet that IE auto run has something to do with it i have no IE autorun sequence its probably trying to connect to the net to DL more viruses from a server to connect to the trojans host.

Solaris17, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Symantec Prevents Win Update autorun.dll run from File Explorer - Similar Threads - Symantec Prevents Update

2. Autoruns File Not Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autoruns File Not Found: I recently opened my AutoRuns and found this. What is the meaning of this? Is this okay? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoruns-file-not-found/558c62e5-92f5-4081-98c5-5602a19c9d74
  3. Autoruns File Not Found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Autoruns File Not Found: I recently opened my AutoRuns and found this. What is the meaning of this? Is this okay? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoruns-file-not-found/558c62e5-92f5-4081-98c5-5602a19c9d74
  4. Autoruns File Not Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 11 Autoruns not showing virus DLL NewJavaJ.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Autoruns not showing virus DLL NewJavaJ.dll: I've done the best I can to try and locate the source for NewJavaJ.dll but even in autoruns I cannot find it. I've removed the virus but cannot find what is calling on that specific DLL? I get an error on startup that the module NewJavaJ.dll cannot be found. Could use some...
  6. Windows 11 Autoruns not showing virus DLL NewJavaJ.dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Autoruns not showing virus DLL NewJavaJ.dll: I've done the best I can to try and locate the source for NewJavaJ.dll but even in autoruns I cannot find it. I've removed the virus but cannot find what is calling on that specific DLL? I get an error on startup that the module NewJavaJ.dll cannot be found. Could use some...
  7. Can't run cmd from file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't run cmd from file explorer: submitted by /u/roryc102 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e9c0d1/cant_run_cmd_from_file_explorer/
  8. Symantec Prevents Win Update autorun.dll run from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Symantec Prevents Win Update autorun.dll run from File Explorer: Background: IT allows me to keep the Sr. Center Windows 10 computers updated. Between the last update I did and this past week, IT installed Symantec on them. Problem: Last week, while the lab isn’t being used all that much, I decided to update those computers using UUPDump...
  9. Run DLL

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run DLL: RunDLL Error at Windows 10 Startup The following error message pops up whenever I login. It's associated with an HP Officejet 6700 which has been replaced with a new HP Officejet 8710. "Run DLL" "There was a problem starting C:\Program Files\HP\HP...
  10. autorun dll felkod

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    autorun dll felkod: Hej! har problem med att uppdateringarna inte fungerar för att ladda ner för att vinna 10 har 64 bitars felkod börjar med 3B0 tror jag hur går jag till väga ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autorun-dll-felkod/9ab59a7c-d79b-44e4-9146-cc1ea4b46428