Windows 10: Symbol ":" problem

Discus and support Symbol ":" problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello When I changed font ":" that symbol changed Tried another font , the same problem [ATTACH] Thank you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RamiMalek007, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Symbol ":" problem

Hello

When I changed font ":" that symbol changed

Tried another font , the same problem

Symbol ":" problem 6ad91266-fec5-46db-8db3-359c5de110ed?upload=true.png

Thank you

:)

RamiMalek007, Jun 6, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 6, 2020
  3. resetting keyboard symbols

Hi Carol,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to remove English UK and just have the default English US under keyboard input language and check.

Step 1:To keep English US as the default input language and to remove other installed services

a. Type Settings in the search bar and click on the setting symbol on the top right.

b. Click on Time and Languages.

c. Click on Region and Languages.

d. Under the languages tab.

e. Click and Change the language to English US.

Step 2:Use on screen keyboard to type the characters (@, “)

To use on-screen keyboard, follow the steps below.

a. Click on Start; type “On-screen” without quotes and hit Enter.

b. Now check if you’re able to get right characters.

Let us know if it helps or post back for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Symbol ":" problem

symbols only displaying after another key is pressed.

Hi Alex,

Virus and malware could be one of the possible reasons why you're having trouble with symbols on your keyboard. To isolate the issue, we'd like to ask you a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your device before the issue started?
    • Did you encounter any error messages while typing the symbols?
    • Can you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you've performed?

Meanwhile, we suggest scanning your device using an antivirus program and see if it's infected by a virus.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Symbol ":" problem

1. Symbol ":" problem - Similar Threads - Symbol problem

2. Digit grouping symbol display problem on specific fonts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digit grouping symbol display problem on specific fonts: HiDigit grouping symbol usually displays as a comma "," or space " " like 1,500 or 1 500. But some fonts display a square instead of comma or space. I have changed comma to space in windows settings, but it didn't help. Have to mention that I don't have such a problem on my...
  3. Digit grouping symbol display problem on specific fonts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Digit grouping symbol display problem on specific fonts: HiDigit grouping symbol usually displays as a comma "," or space " " like 1,500 or 1 500. But some fonts display a square instead of comma or space. I have changed comma to space in windows settings, but it didn't help. Have to mention that I don't have such a problem on my...
  4. How can I fix the problem that Windows does not show Visio file symbols?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I fix the problem that Windows does not show Visio file symbols?: Hello,Windows explorer does not show visio file symbol on the file itself although it is associated with Visio. When I double click the file, it opens with Visio but the symbol is missing on the file. How can I fix that?Regards,Fatih...
  5. How can I fix the problem that Windows does not show Visio file symbols?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix the problem that Windows does not show Visio file symbols?: Hello,Windows explorer does not show visio file symbol on the file itself although it is associated with Visio. When I double click the file, it opens with Visio but the symbol is missing on the file. How can I fix that?Regards,Fatih...
  6. How can I fix the problem that Windows does not show Visio file symbols?

7. Square boxes shows in place of many symbols ,I am irritated by this problem as I tried...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Square boxes shows in place of many symbols ,I am irritated by this problem as I tried...: Square boxes shows in place of many symbols ,I am irritated by this problem as I tried everything thing from changing font to all settings but nothing happened , Please help me out?I changed many fonts but nothing changed....
  8. Square boxes shows in place of many symbols ,I am irritated by this problem as I tried...

Square boxes shows in place of many symbols ,I am irritated by this problem as I tried...: Square boxes shows in place of many symbols ,I am irritated by this problem as I tried everything thing from changing font to all settings but nothing happened , Please help me out?I changed many fonts but nothing changed....
  9. Square boxes shows in place of many symbols ,I am irritated by this problem as I tried...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Notepad problem - English turned into gibberish/unreadable symbols

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notepad problem - English turned into gibberish/unreadable symbols: Hi, Recently did a clean installation of Windows 10 October 2020 Update. Edition --> Windows 10 Home Single Language Version --> 20H2 Installed on --> ‎20-‎12-‎2020 OS build --> 19042.685 Experience --> Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 Previously i had...