Windows 10: Symbols instead of Greek text when typing in a box IE 11

Discus and support Symbols instead of Greek text when typing in a box IE 11 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello! In my work computer (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit) I noticed a strange phenomenon. When I switch keyboard layout to Greek in order to type Greek in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by spapakons, Dec 17, 2015.

1. spapakons Win User

Symbols instead of Greek text when typing in a box IE 11

Hello!

In my work computer (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit) I noticed a strange phenomenon. When I switch keyboard layout to Greek in order to type Greek in Google or elsewhere, it types strange symbols instead of the actual character! This happens in every website when I try to type data in a box or wherever else. If I write the text in Notepad or elsewhere and I copy-paste, it is OK. The problem is I cannot type directly in Greek. The keyboard produces symbols instead of Greek characters! This problem is only in IE 11, in Google Chrome I can type OK.

Please don't tell me to use another browser! Give me a solution. It might be some setting since I don't have this problem at home (see my specs).

Thank you.

:)

spapakons, Dec 17, 2015

2. How to start typing in a web page's text box without using a mouse/touchpad?

It would depend on the page but generally you could press Tab to get from field to field or if some unique identifier was present in the vicinity of a particular field you could get to it by doing a Find then Esc then press Tab (or Backtab). You may also
    be interested in a activating Caret browsing (F7 or Alt-V b) as that might given you even more flexibility in navigating through a web page using your keyboard.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Dec 17, 2015
  3. How to start typing in a web page's text box without using a mouse/touchpad?

Hello,

We understand that you need a shortcut to start typing in a web page's text box without using a mouse/touchpad.

• Which browser are you using?
    Unfortunately we are sorry to inform you that the feature you are looking for is not available or possible. Basically, it's by design of the web interface also it depends on the developer of the web interface.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 17, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

After examining carefully all settings, I wasn't sure if the advanced settings were correct or screwed. So I decided to reset the advanced settings to default. This did the trick. It could be something with UTF8, but not sure. Resetting to default cancelled any wrong setting and now it works OK.

PS: I didn't change anything else, only reset the advanced settings to default. That's for anyone having the same issue.

spapakons, Dec 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Symbols instead of Greek text when typing in a box IE 11 - Similar Threads - Symbols instead Greek

2. Windows 11 Search Box to type in place instead a button?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Search Box to type in place instead a button?: Hello everyone!Is there any way to replace that ugly and heavy search button by the searchbar as it was in Windows 10? In Win10 it was handy just to type and search in place, but in Win11 i have to press the button first, then wait for that search window to be opened and then...
  3. Windows 11 Search Box to type in place instead a button?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Search Box to type in place instead a button?: Hello everyone!Is there any way to replace that ugly and heavy search button by the searchbar as it was in Windows 10? In Win10 it was handy just to type and search in place, but in Win11 i have to press the button first, then wait for that search window to be opened and then...
  4. keyboard not is working in text boxs, ie. contana search and password text box.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard not is working in text boxs, ie. contana search and password text box.: Hi all Iam using windows 10 os in my hp laptop,Suddenly from today Iam not able to enter my password for connecting to my wifi. My keyboard is working fine and i have checked it in notepad. This is also happening for the windows search box...
  5. keyboard not is working in text boxs, ie. contana search and password text box.

keyboard not is working in text boxs, ie. contana search and password text box.: Hi all Iam using windows 10 os in my hp laptop,Suddenly from today Iam not able to enter my password for connecting to my wifi. My keyboard is working fine and i have checked it in notepad. This is also happening for the windows search box...
  6. keyboard not is working in text boxs, ie. contana search and password text box.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Greek Language Support for Voice Typing in Windows 11 - When will it be available?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Greek Language Support for Voice Typing in Windows 11 - When will it be available?: I am planning to upgrade to windows 11 and looking forward to use the new voice typing feature. However, I noticed that the greek language is not among the supported languages a peculiar and annoying fact, given the long list of the already supported languages.So, I would...
  8. Greek Language Support for Voice Typing in Windows 11 - When will it be available?

Greek Language Support for Voice Typing in Windows 11 - When will it be available?: I am planning to upgrade to windows 11 and looking forward to use the new voice typing feature. However, I noticed that the greek language is not among the supported languages a peculiar and annoying fact, given the long list of the already supported languages.So, I would...
  9. When typing in the text box, the words get smaller

When typing in the text box, the words get smaller: When trying to type in the text box over a picture, the first time it worked great. Then I tried to do it on the 4th picture, and the text got smaller when I'm using it on 72 size. No matter what font I use, it's still the same. When i tried making a new one with no picture,...
  10. Microsoft Mail and Greek text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Mail and Greek text: Hi, how do I enable Microsoft Mail to read Greek language emails? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mail-and-greek-text/ca093348-c5aa-4e0d-887f-b5b905b42437