Windows 10: Symbols on Screen don´t match keyboard

Discus and support Symbols on Screen don´t match keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop updated recently and now when I type certain symbols, others appearIf I hit the top numbers in order from 1 to 0!"·$%&/=Other buttons are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HannahGranados1, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Symbols on Screen don´t match keyboard

My laptop updated recently and now when I type certain symbols, others appearIf I hit the top numbers in order from 1 to 0!"·$%&/=Other buttons are doing the same thing, symbols are either mixed up or I Spanish lettering. My default language is English so I don´t know what the issue could be.

:)

HannahGranados1, Aug 11, 2021

2. Keyboard charachters don´t match

How to correct keyboard charachters if language region does match correct keyboard but charachters still don´t.

RodrigoIzquierdo, Aug 11, 2021
  3. Keyboard charachters don´t match

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1.Go to
    Settings > Time & language >
    Region & language.

2.Select
    Add a language.

3.Select the language you want to use from the list, then choose which region's version you want to use. Your download will begin immediately.

I would also suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Change your keyboard layout

Manage display language settings in Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Aug 11, 2021
  4. Symbols on Screen don´t match keyboard

resetting keyboard symbols

Hi Carol,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to remove English UK and just have the default English US under keyboard input language and check.

Step 1:To keep English US as the default input language and to remove other installed services

a. Type Settings in the search bar and click on the setting symbol on the top right.

b. Click on Time and Languages.

c. Click on Region and Languages.

d. Under the languages tab.

e. Click and Change the language to English US.

Step 2:Use on screen keyboard to type the characters (@, “)

To use on-screen keyboard, follow the steps below.

a. Click on Start; type “On-screen” without quotes and hit Enter.

b. Now check if you’re able to get right characters.

Let us know if it helps or post back for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Aug 11, 2021
Thema:

Symbols on Screen don´t match keyboard

1. Symbols on Screen don´t match keyboard - Similar Threads - Symbols Screen don´t

2. Keyboard stroke not matching on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard stroke not matching on screen: Keyboard stroke showing weird symbol on screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-stroke-not-matching-on-screen/69dc43e1-d3ed-4a99-9bf8-6f863f830af8
  3. Keyboard stroke not matching on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard stroke not matching on screen: Keyboard stroke showing weird symbol on screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-stroke-not-matching-on-screen/69dc43e1-d3ed-4a99-9bf8-6f863f830af8
  4. login options don´t work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    login options don´t work: I would like to ask about the possibility of logging in to Windows hello. Only login with the PIN and fingerprint that I entered when logging in for the first time works. However, if I want to add another fingerprint or unlock the face, it tells me: Something went wrong, try...
  5. login options don´t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    login options don´t work: I would like to ask about the possibility of logging in to Windows hello. Only login with the PIN and fingerprint that I entered when logging in for the first time works. However, if I want to add another fingerprint or unlock the face, it tells me: Something went wrong, try...
  6. login options don´t work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. URI Schemes from microsoft apps don´t match in two of them

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    URI Schemes from microsoft apps don´t match in two of them: I was researching some information about URI schemes in iana.org. Then I found out that there are many schemes from microsoft registered with the owner [urischemeowners_at_microsoft.com] however there are two of them apparently from microsoft, at least the properties say so,...
  8. Keyboard and Touchpad don"t disable in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and Touchpad don"t disable in tablet mode: Hey guys, I recently bought a hp 2 in 1 and when I put into tablet mode it doesn't"t disable the keyboard and trackpad automatically. This seems to be a problem mainly with hp computers but I haven't been able to find a solution to this problem. I understand that there was a...
  9. Touch keyboard don´t auto open when text field marks.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touch keyboard don´t auto open when text field marks.: Hello, I have a touchpad with Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1809, installed 2019-04-03. When I mark a text field, the touch keyboard don´t open automatically. This have worked before but no longer, what is wrong? I have look for any settings but don´t found something. I...
  10. usb don,t open

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb don,t open: I have a usb that uses a Microsoft 10.0.17134.1 driver is no longer shown in computer and does not display the files. I can do to open the memory. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-dont-open/75fb6dcd-c90e-4a76-a4a8-8fb48188b8d0