Windows 10: Symbols transposed.

Discus and support Symbols transposed. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On my keyboard the " and @ symbols are often swapped - it only happens occasionally. It is a UK keyboard and the language is set to English UK.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jenoseel, Jan 28, 2020.

1. jenoseel Win User

Symbols transposed.

On my keyboard the " and @ symbols are often swapped - it only happens occasionally. It is a UK keyboard and the language is set to English UK.

:)

jenoseel, Jan 28, 2020

2. resetting keyboard symbols

Hi Carol,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to remove English UK and just have the default English US under keyboard input language and check.

Step 1:To keep English US as the default input language and to remove other installed services

a. Type Settings in the search bar and click on the setting symbol on the top right.

b. Click on Time and Languages.

c. Click on Region and Languages.

d. Under the languages tab.

e. Click and Change the language to English US.

Step 2:Use on screen keyboard to type the characters (@, “)

To use on-screen keyboard, follow the steps below.

a. Click on Start; type “On-screen” without quotes and hit Enter.

b. Now check if you’re able to get right characters.

Let us know if it helps or post back for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jan 28, 2020
  3. symbols only displaying after another key is pressed.

Hi Alex,

Virus and malware could be one of the possible reasons why you're having trouble with symbols on your keyboard. To isolate the issue, we'd like to ask you a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your device before the issue started?
    • Did you encounter any error messages while typing the symbols?
    • Can you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you've performed?

Meanwhile, we suggest scanning your device using an antivirus program and see if it's infected by a virus.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Symbols transposed.

@ and " keys are transposed

Similar to a previous user, I have installed Windows 10 ok, and have also checked that my regional settings are correct. However the @ and" keys are transposed.

PhilipKReichardt, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

Symbols transposed.

1. Symbols transposed. - Similar Threads - Symbols transposed

2. Symbolic link question for itunes backup. Symbolic link seems to have been overwritten....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Symbolic link question for itunes backup. Symbolic link seems to have been overwritten....: So, I created a symbolic link a while back to force itunes to backup data from an iPhone to a secondary internal hard drive. I understand this is a Windows forum, but perhaps somebody can help.I initially was able to save the backups through windows 10 to the secondary hard...
  3. Symbolic link question for itunes backup. Symbolic link seems to have been overwritten....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Symbolic link question for itunes backup. Symbolic link seems to have been overwritten....: So, I created a symbolic link a while back to force itunes to backup data from an iPhone to a secondary internal hard drive. I understand this is a Windows forum, but perhaps somebody can help.I initially was able to save the backups through windows 10 to the secondary hard...
  4. Symbolic link question for itunes backup. Symbolic link seems to have been overwritten....

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. When I push the @ button I get " symbol. How do I fix this as it wasn't an issue before?

When I push the @ button I get " symbol. How do I fix this as it wasn't an issue before?: Recently when I press the @ key it sends this " any ideas on how to fix it?* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-push-the-button-i-get-symbol-how-do-i-fix/bce79529-fbb6-4a35-a81b-43471dba02b0
  6. Power supply died . I replaced it and cmos battery starts to boot shoes the windows symbol...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power supply died . I replaced it and cmos battery starts to boot shoes the windows symbol...: Why won't my computer boot it gets to the windows symbol then it just goes to dark screen and never finishes booting. I did replace cmos battery it us 22h2...
  7. Power supply died . I replaced it and cmos battery starts to boot shoes the windows symbol...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power supply died . I replaced it and cmos battery starts to boot shoes the windows symbol...: Why won't my computer boot it gets to the windows symbol then it just goes to dark screen and never finishes booting. I did replace cmos battery it us 22h2...
  8. Power supply died . I replaced it and cmos battery starts to boot shoes the windows symbol...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. The wifi symbol remains hidden even after attempting fixes suggested by the community.

The wifi symbol remains hidden even after attempting fixes suggested by the community.: Dear Microsoft,Recently, I had a power outage, and when I restarted my computer, it began a disc repair. When my computer first started on and ran smoothly, I shut it down. The next time I turned it on, my network symbol vanished. I attempted every fix suggested in this...
  10. Some keystrokes showing different symbols

Some keystrokes showing different symbols: When I press " it's showing @ and when I try to press # it's showing me £how to fix this?I'm using logitech wireless keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-keystrokes-showing-different-symbols/185306eb-b658-47bf-827c-56146c39deb9