Windows 10: Symbols

Discus and support Symbols in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I save a doc on notepad, then open it, the words I've typed in English have changed to unrecognized symbols. Can someone help me?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BettyAlfonso, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Symbols

When I save a doc on notepad, then open it, the words I've typed in English have changed to unrecognized symbols. Can someone help me?

:)

BettyAlfonso, Oct 7, 2018

2. resetting keyboard symbols

Hi Carol,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to remove English UK and just have the default English US under keyboard input language and check.

Step 1:To keep English US as the default input language and to remove other installed services

a. Type Settings in the search bar and click on the setting symbol on the top right.

b. Click on Time and Languages.

c. Click on Region and Languages.

d. Under the languages tab.

e. Click and Change the language to English US.

Step 2:Use on screen keyboard to type the characters (@, “)

To use on-screen keyboard, follow the steps below.

a. Click on Start; type “On-screen” without quotes and hit Enter.

b. Now check if you’re able to get right characters.

Let us know if it helps or post back for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Oct 7, 2018
  3. symbols only displaying after another key is pressed.

Hi Alex,

Virus and malware could be one of the possible reasons why you're having trouble with symbols on your keyboard. To isolate the issue, we'd like to ask you a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your device before the issue started?
    • Did you encounter any error messages while typing the symbols?
    • Can you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you've performed?

Meanwhile, we suggest scanning your device using an antivirus program and see if it's infected by a virus.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Ray.TJ Win User

Symbols

INSERT SYMBOLS

A couple of days ago I asked how to get capital letters with accents (circumflex). I got a very prompt answer suggesting a couple of methods including changing the character code on the symbols submenu. This worked very well but I didn't note the original
    character code which produces most of my commonly used symbols.

What is this code please and is there a list of alternate character codes together with what symbols they produce?

Many thanks

RayTJ

Ray.TJ, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Symbols

1. Symbols - Similar Threads - Symbols

2. Some keystrokes showing different symbols

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keystrokes showing different symbols: When I press " it's showing @ and when I try to press # it's showing me £how to fix this?I'm using logitech wireless keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-keystrokes-showing-different-symbols/185306eb-b658-47bf-827c-56146c39deb9
  3. Some keystrokes showing different symbols

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some keystrokes showing different symbols: When I press " it's showing @ and when I try to press # it's showing me £how to fix this?I'm using logitech wireless keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-keystrokes-showing-different-symbols/185306eb-b658-47bf-827c-56146c39deb9
  4. Some keystrokes showing different symbols

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to Download Symbol Files Package After Microsoft Store Certification for Win UI 3...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Download Symbol Files Package After Microsoft Store Certification for Win UI 3...: Hello,I am encountering an issue with packaging my Win UI 3 application for submission to the Microsoft Store. After successfully certifying my application on the Microsoft Store, I expected to have the option to download the symbol files package. However, I am unable to...
  6. Unable to Download Symbol Files Package After Microsoft Store Certification for Win UI 3...

Unable to Download Symbol Files Package After Microsoft Store Certification for Win UI 3...: Hello,I am encountering an issue with packaging my Win UI 3 application for submission to the Microsoft Store. After successfully certifying my application on the Microsoft Store, I expected to have the option to download the symbol files package. However, I am unable to...
  7. EdgeDev App fails to load when EdgeDev data is on junction symbolic link

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EdgeDev App fails to load when EdgeDev data is on junction symbolic link: Hi all,Have been using EdgeDev, EdgeBeta & Edge for years with the User Data folder stored on an internal HDD F: while the main program files are installed on C: OS SSD. This is to prevent wear of my SSD with constant read/writes by the browsers. Many other apps are installed...
  8. EdgeDev App fails to load when EdgeDev data is on junction symbolic link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EdgeDev App fails to load when EdgeDev data is on junction symbolic link: Hi all,Have been using EdgeDev, EdgeBeta & Edge for years with the User Data folder stored on an internal HDD F: while the main program files are installed on C: OS SSD. This is to prevent wear of my SSD with constant read/writes by the browsers. Many other apps are installed...
  9. EdgeDev App fails to load when EdgeDev data is on junction symbolic link

10. my wifi icon is gone. it's replaced with a rectangle / square box that's used when symbols...

my wifi icon is gone. it's replaced with a rectangle / square box that's used when symbols...: https://imgur.com/a/JAELARC^ https://imgur.com/OnrWqIl^ https://imgur.com/e8Qv5v8 the problem is as shown in the pictures. I don't know why this is happening....