Windows 10: Synapstic Touchpad 3-4 finger moves

Discus and support Synapstic Touchpad 3-4 finger moves in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In my gaming laptop, I couldn't use 3 and 3 finger gestures. I install Windows 3 times by the way, it was always same. I installed the latest Synapstic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NurettinEsentürk, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Synapstic Touchpad 3-4 finger moves

In my gaming laptop, I couldn't use 3 and 3 finger gestures. I install Windows 3 times by the way, it was always same. I installed the latest Synapstic drivers. I found a soultioun online which is:

"I used Regedit to fix the problem

Press Win and type Regedit

and Navigate

HKEY_CURRENT_USER

SOFTWARE

Synatics

SynTP

TouchpadPS2 (this has numbers as well)

3FingerGestures

OK we are in the right place For the 3 Finger Swipes to work correctly edit the following ActionIDs to the following ActionID1 = 5c ActionID3 = 5f ActionID5 = 5d ActionID7 = 5e

Exit the Registry Editor and reset (reboot or signout and signin)

The 3 Finger Swipes should now work as intended. HOWEVER. Some people prefer the 3 finger swipe to control the forward and back button in browsers set ActionID3 = 1c ActionID7 = 1c"

this solution is fine with many applications. However its only valid for EDGE browser, its not working with other browsers. Also I also can't use with Microsoft Office applications. So its not a complitely solution. And as you can guess from above, it is only for 3 finger gesture, so 4 finger gestures aren't still working. Don't come to with solutions like I **** a noob. I already tried installing driver again, options for touchpad etc. I think the solution is related with regedit. I need more changes. And one more thing, the browser issue, it might have a different solution. I **** waiting for your help.

***Post moved by the Moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

:)

NurettinEsentürk, Feb 26, 2019

2. Touchpad 2 finger scrolling not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Have you enabled two finger scrolling?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to enable two finger scrolling and check. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press or tap “Windows key + X”, click on "Control Panel." Navigate to "Mouse," under "Hardware and sound".

2. Select the "Touchpad" tab in the "Mouse" window. This tab will also list the touchpad manufacturer.

3. Select "Properties," "Settings," "Advanced".

4. Click the box next to "Enable scrolling" if this option is available.

5. Click the arrow to the right of "Scrolling" to open the scrolling list and select two-finger scrolling to access the specific features.

6. Click to enable for two-finger scrolling feature, then select "Adjust scrolling region" or the similar option, if available.

7. Drag the scrolling region to cover a larger portion of the touchpad if you want to ensure you can scroll easily.

8. Click "Ok" to apply any changes and close the options windows. Keep clicking "Ok" until all of the windows with this option are closed.

9. Restart your computer if prompted. Your scrolling feature should be enabled.

If the issue persists,

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.
    • Locate Keyboard Driver and expand the same.
    • Right-click on touchpad driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Also, download and install the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website .

Please refer the article below:

Support for XPS 15Z L511Z | Drivers & downloads | Dell US

If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
    to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Touchpad driver, that uses 2 separate fingers for clicking and moving?

The task

1. Place a file in the middle of your desktop.
    2. Move your cursor to the top left corner of your desktop.
    3. Move your cursor to the bottom right corner of your desktop, while grabbing the file in the middle.

The problem

If you use a regular mouse, you are able to do it in only 1 wrist move, plus 1 finger move. (Wrist: move from top-left to bottom-right. Finger: press the mouse button and hold it.) It's fast, so it's okay.

If you use a touchpad, you need to stop the movement in the middle, so that you can click and move again. Normally, it's not annoying. But if you do a lot drag-and-drop, or paint, it's reaaally slow.

My idea

Forget the regular one-finger touchpad usage. Get used to using two fingers. The middle finger is always on the touchpad, this is the positioning finger: the cursor moves as usual. And here comes the twist. The index finger is used only for clicking. So that you can move your middle finger as fast as you want, without having to stop for a click. This way you can do the task above like this:

1. Put your middle finger on the touchpad.
    2. Move it to the top left corner.
    3. While moving it to the bottom right corner, put your index finger on the touchpad as well, and move it together with your middle finger.

The questions

1. Does such a touchpad/driver exist?
    2. Is there an alternative solution, that makes it possible as well to
      click with a touchpad, without having to stop the movement?
      (Touchpads with physical buttons are irrelevant, because they
      require 2 hands.)
    3. Is it a good idea?
    4. What should I learn to be able to make a custom driver for my Logitech T650, on Windows 10?

Tamás Bolvári, Feb 26, 2019
  4. CharlieVS Win User

Synapstic Touchpad 3-4 finger moves

Windows 10 Touchpad 3 Finger Gesture Always Changes Volume

Hello Ronalene,

This issue began after I updated my touchpad driver to allow it to be a precision touchpad which it wasn't before. My touchpad was able to change the volume via sliding 3 fingers before I updated my touchpad to become a precision touchpad. I haven't tried
    any troubleshooting steps yet.

Thanks and regards,

Charlie

CharlieVS, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Synapstic Touchpad 3-4 finger moves

1. Synapstic Touchpad 3-4 finger moves - Similar Threads - Synapstic Touchpad finger

2. Touchpad not moving with using single finger?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad not moving with using single finger?: I can't move my cursor using touchpad but when I use 2 fingers its moving it stop when I use single finger to move. before touchpad was Working properly but now i need 2 fingers to move or tap. I tried everything reset touchpad but still same problem....
  3. Touchpad not moving with using single finger?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad not moving with using single finger?: I can't move my cursor using touchpad but when I use 2 fingers its moving it stop when I use single finger to move. before touchpad was Working properly but now i need 2 fingers to move or tap. I tried everything reset touchpad but still same problem....
  4. Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working: i cant use the features of Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working when i tap with 3 or 4 fingers it didnt respond.when i sweep with them it work easy..but when i tap it didnt worki tried to uninstall the Touchpad drivers on my machinei tried to Download the driver...
  5. Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working: i cant use the features of Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working when i tap with 3 or 4 fingers it didnt respond.when i sweep with them it work easy..but when i tap it didnt worki tried to uninstall the Touchpad drivers on my machinei tried to Download the driver...
  6. Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working

Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working: Hello, I recently purchased an Asus Zephyrus G14 2020. The 3 finger tap is set to launch windows search and 4 finger tap set to open the action center. The computer sent to sleep after a couple of hours of non use and upon awakening these gestures have ceased working. I...
  8. Touchpad - Disabling 3 fingers gestures

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad - Disabling 3 fingers gestures: Recently I'm having issue with my touchpad because when I accidentally put 3 fingers it triggers events I don't want to (like turning back to Desktop and seeing recent app). I have an ASUS but ASUS Smart Gesture doesn't allow to disable it by GUI so I decided to set to "0"...
  9. 3/4-finger touchpad gestures stopped working

3/4-finger touchpad gestures stopped working: 2-finger gestures still work fine. Only thing that's changed, is I unplugged my laptop from my external monitor and AC adapter, and replugged both back in. Changing gestures configuration doesn't trigger it to start working. Please have this fixed. Gestures, when...
  10. 3 finger and 4 finger gesture not working

3 finger and 4 finger gesture not working: Hi There is a problem with my 3 finger left right swipe for switching apps its working but when i release it still gets stuck there so again i have to click on the app to switch to that app when I release on the desired app the app should directly open is there any solution...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. synaps fingers gestures

2. synaptics 4 finger streichen