Windows 10: Synaptics Bus driver error

Discus and support Synaptics Bus driver error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all,..newly aquired Dell Lattitude 7380,Windows 10,,..8gb,..used,but basically new 25 hrs poweron time,.. Updating drivers i noticed Synaptics SM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wolverine 7, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Synaptics Bus driver error

Hi all,..newly aquired Dell Lattitude 7380,Windows 10,,..8gb,..used,but basically new 25 hrs poweron time,..

Updating drivers i noticed Synaptics SM Bus driver with yellow warning....properties says - a driver service for this device is disabled an alternative driver may be providing fuctionality (code 32)but says latest driver insatalled

reinstalling driver didnt change anything..

mini toolbox shows

Name: Synaptics SMBus Driver
    Description: Synaptics SMBus Driver
    Class Guid: {4d36e97d-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    Manufacturer: Synaptics
    Service: SmbDrvI
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D23&SUBSYS_07F31028&REV_21\3&11583659&0&FC
    Problem: : A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality (Code 32)
    Resolution: The start type for this driver is set to disabled in the registry.
    Uninstall the driver from Device Manager, and then scan for new hardware to install the driver again. If this does not work, you might have to change the device start type parameter in the registry.

all other drivers and updates copleted no problems,..system seems quite happy,..

can someone advise..do i need to edit registry...leave as is?,..

thanks very much in advance..

:)

Wolverine 7, Jan 13, 2021

2. Synaptics driver update for Synaptics SMBus ClickPad - Error 0x800f0248

Hi,

This issue may occur due to the outdated Synaptic Touchpad
    drivers. Try the below steps and check if it helps.

I would suggest you to download and install the latest Synaptic Touchpad drivers from the device manufacturer’s website and uninstall the Synaptic touchpad drivers and re-install the same again.

Note: Make sure you download and save the Touch Pad driver and installed it before uninstalling the same.

To uninstall Synaptic touchpad drivers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate Mice and other pointing devices and expand the same.

• Right-click the Synaptic driver and select
      Uninstall. (Note: keep the latest installed Synaptic driver)

• Restart the computer, if prompted.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Synaptics Bus driver error

Hi all,..newly aquired Dell Lattitude 7380,Windows 10,,..8gb,..used,but basically new 25 hrs poweron time,..

Updating drivers i noticed Synaptics SM Bus driver with yellow warning....properties says - a driver service for this device is disabled an alternative driver may be providing fuctionality (code 32)but says latest driver insatalled

reinstalling driver didnt change anything..

mini toolbox shows

Name: Synaptics SMBus Driver
    Description: Synaptics SMBus Driver
    Class Guid: {4d36e97d-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    Manufacturer: Synaptics
    Service: SmbDrvI
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D23&SUBSYS_07F31028&REV_21\3&11583659&0&FC
    Problem: : A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality (Code 32)
    Resolution: The start type for this driver is set to disabled in the registry.
    Uninstall the driver from Device Manager, and then scan for new hardware to install the driver again. If this does not work, you might have to change the device start type parameter in the registry.

all other drivers and updates copleted no problems,..system seems quite happy,..

can someone advise..do i need to edit registry...leave as is?,..

thanks very much in advance..

Wolverine 7, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Synaptics Bus driver error

synaptics Pointing Device Driver

Try Uninstalling your device first, restart and then Install again.

Step 1:

• Open device manager by right clicking This PC and select Manage. On the left pane, click the same.
    • Under Mouse and pointing devices, right click the synaptics driver and click Uninstall.
    Step 2:

Restart when prompted. Remember, Restart!

Step 3:

Install the synaptics driver again using the setup utility provided by the manufacturer

Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Synaptics Bus driver error

1. Synaptics Bus driver error - Similar Threads - Synaptics Bus driver

2. Error in Microsoft IEEE 1394 bus driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error in Microsoft IEEE 1394 bus driver: Hi,I am having the following error attached when trying to install driver for a camera to connect to the PC.Could you advice how to proceed so the driver can be installed correctly and camera can be then recognised?Thanks,Sandra...
  3. Error in Microsoft IEEE 1394 bus driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error in Microsoft IEEE 1394 bus driver: Hi,I am having the following error attached when trying to install driver for a camera to connect to the PC.Could you advice how to proceed so the driver can be installed correctly and camera can be then recognised?Thanks,Sandra...
  4. Synaptics driver error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Synaptics driver error: Whenever, I click on the Windows 11 Mouse Icon in Control Panel, a popup box will appear stating -"Unable to connect to the Syaptics Pointing Device Driver" and when I check the "Mice and other pointing device" in Device Manager, there is no listing for the "Synaptics SMbus...
  5. Synaptics driver error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Synaptics driver error: Whenever, I click on the Windows 11 Mouse Icon in Control Panel, a popup box will appear stating -"Unable to connect to the Syaptics Pointing Device Driver" and when I check the "Mice and other pointing device" in Device Manager, there is no listing for the "Synaptics SMbus...
  6. Synaptics smbus driver

in Windows 10 Support
    Synaptics smbus driver: I have something called synaptics smbus driver in device manager with a yellow exclamination mark, what's this and where do i get the drivers for it? 174980
  7. Synaptics Bud driver error

in Windows 10 Support
    Synaptics Bud driver error: Hi all,..newly aquired Dell Lattitude 7380,Windows 10,,..8gb,..used,but basically new 25 hrs poweron time,.. Updating drivers i noticed Synaptics SM Bus driver with yellow warning....properties says - a driver service for this device is disabled an alternative driver may be...
  8. Synaptics SMBus driver error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptics SMBus driver error: In Device Manager there is an error (exclamation mark) for Synaptics SMBus driver, it says This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system. I have tried...
  9. Error uninstalling Synaptics drivers

Error uninstalling Synaptics drivers: Hello, I am getting an error message when I am trying to uninstall Synaptics touchpad drivers from Programs & Features. Can anyone tell me what's going on? --------------------------- RunDLL --------------------------- There was a problem starting X:\Program...
  10. Synaptics SMB Bus touchpad issues on Win 10

Synaptics SMB Bus touchpad issues on Win 10: Lately, the operation of the touchpad has been erratic and unreliable. However, after I connect a mouse the touchpad starts to behave appropriately again. I have the latest driver. Windows is up-to-date. Does anybody know the cause and the solution? OS Name Microsoft...