Windows 10: Synaptics driver, can't disable palmcheck

Discus and support Synaptics driver, can't disable palmcheck in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I want to turn off Palm Check in my laptop, because it doesn't allow me to use keyboard and touchpad in the same time. I have Synaptics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Viral, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Viral Win User

Synaptics driver, can't disable palmcheck

Hi everyone.
    I want to turn off Palm Check in my laptop, because it doesn't allow me to use keyboard and touchpad in the same time.
    I have Synaptics drivers (latest ver. v19_0_19_1__C) on my Lenovo Z50-70, Windows 10 x64 Pro, fresh install.
    I cant move the slider in the Synaptics driver menu, neither can i find the option to turn it off in windows' settings section. I simply dont have that option in the menu (maybe the most recent versions of windows dont have it? The tutorials were kinda outdated).
    What can i do in this situation? I looked for something appealing in Regedit, but no luck. Anyone have any idea what to do?

PS. I also have Ubuntu on dualboot, but i doubt the problem is connected.
    Also, screenshots of the menus i mentioned:

Synaptics driver, can't disable palmcheck [​IMG]

:)

Viral, Oct 22, 2017
  2. Foxzes Win User

Touchpad Delay after Windows 10 Creator Update

I currently have this same problem, this and one with synaptics where the palmcheck option doesn't exist. I've gone through what you've shown and I've still got the issue with both.

Attempted full resets, synaptics driver resets, alternate synaptics installations, the whole deal. Nothing.

Foxzes, Oct 22, 2017
  3. turning off palmcheck/smartsense

i have a hp zbook 17 g3 workstation with the v19.0.14.31 driver version of the synaptics touchpad driver and i cant find any way to turn off palmcheck/smartsense

i have tried a lot of things but nothing worked except

-uninstalling the the synaptics driver (which makes the touchpad rly hard to work with)

-using an older version of the driver (which doesn't work well with my pc)

is there any alternative to fix this problem ?

yassinbluetooth, Oct 22, 2017
  4. Synaptics driver, can't disable palmcheck

Hi Viral. Welcome to the TenForums @Viral

Head to Lenovo and get your touchpad driver from them. Check driver version before and after install to ensure it takes.

Test. If this works you will have to disable Window Driver updates.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 22, 2017
  5. Viral Win User
    If i uninstall Synaptics i still can use trackpad however all gestures don't work. Lenovo provides older version of synaptics, but its the one i updeated with the version i had posting this topic (hoping it would solve it). So i rebooted my PC and it installed the older version od Synaptics (i couldnt even install the ones downloaded from levono page, casue i had to reboot beforehand). So basically i just reverted to the older version where it occurs anyway.
    I'd like to keep the gestures functionality aswell, so disabling synaptics isn't a good solution for me...
    I find it odd, because i had it all running like a charm before i formatted my laptop 4 days ago :/

Viral, Oct 22, 2017
  6. Try uninstalling and removing all the software. Then install the older one from Lenovo. I'm very sure this is a driver issue.

All sub models of your device also have an Elan driver. You know for sure yours is Synaptics? (Have to ask, please excuse me.)

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 22, 2017
  7. Viral Win User
    The problem is, the older one is the one having issues aswell. It's also the one that gets installed automatically when i remove the currently installed drivers :/ One of the resons I'm certain i got synaptics. Also I didn't have this problem before reinstalling Windows few days ago, with synaptics.

Viral, Oct 23, 2017
  8. Synaptics driver, can't disable palmcheck

I think I would try to determine with certainty what hardware I had. If you try Elan driver and it can't find hardware it should just fail.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 23, 2017
  9. Viral Win User
    Alright, I redownloaded the drivers for different "machine type" and it updated the corrupted ones, enabling the palmcheck option. I wonder why it installed the wrong ones in the first place, heh.
    Thanks for pointing me into the right direction, otherwise I wouldnt bother to download the other one *Smile Case solved!

Viral, Oct 23, 2017
  10. Hey excellent. This has always been an issue with Windows. It is a thousand percent better than is was. Several month ago I was working on a Toshiba laptop that had downloaded Lenovo touchpad. Say what??? I installed Synaptics and life returned to normal.

Glad the forum could help.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Synaptics driver, can't disable palmcheck

1. Synaptics driver, can't disable palmcheck - Similar Threads - Synaptics driver can't

2. Disabling PalmCheck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling PalmCheck: Okay so, I've recently downloaded CS v1.6, and I just recently noticed that whenever I click on an alphanumeric key, my pointer just can't move simultaneously. But, to play the game, I'm required to use both the things together at once, which is really difficult. I've wasted...
  3. Disabling PalmCheck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling PalmCheck: Okay so, I've recently downloaded CS v1.6, and I just recently noticed that whenever I click on an alphanumeric key, my pointer just can't move simultaneously. But, to play the game, I'm required to use both the things together at once, which is really difficult. I've wasted...
  4. Disabling PalmCheck

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't access Device Settings for trackpad to disable PalmCheck.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't access Device Settings for trackpad to disable PalmCheck.: Basically the title. The sudden extra delay which I've never had before is driving me insane. And no, in the "additional mouse settings" tab you get to through either control panels' "change mouse settings" or Windows Settings' "Additional mouse options" it's not there....
  6. Disabling Palmcheck

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling Palmcheck: So I just reset my PC a few days ago and it changed everything to default. When trying to disable Palmcheck after the reset, I wasn't able to actually find where to disable it. I tried doing it the same way I did it before, which is going to Mouse properties and going to...
  7. PalmCheck won't disable

PalmCheck won't disable: I just recently got the Windows 10 update from Windows 8, and found that changing my settings doesn't seem to work like it should. The best example of this that I can find is that even when I disable PalmCheck in this window: [img] and save the settings, I still...
  8. palmcheck (synaptic) will not disable

palmcheck (synaptic) will not disable: so ever since i updated my laptop (Toshiba) to windows 10, my palm check will not disable, i have tried around 4 versions of the synaptics palm check and none will let me disable it. even with the setting turned all the way to the left it still does not let me type and move...
  9. Synaptics PalmCheck Won't Disable- No Solution?

Synaptics PalmCheck Won't Disable- No Solution?: I have a HP Pavilion laptop with Synaptics Touchpad V7.5 on a PS/2 port. The driver version is 19.0.12.95. After installing Windows 10 and updating all of the drivers, I tried playing a game and found that I can't use my keyboard and mouse at the same time, so I turned off...
  10. Disable Palmcheck

Disable Palmcheck: Hello! I play games on my laptop, but the touchpad does not work if i press any button. It happened before but i fixed it. It happened again and the thing is, i forgot how i fixed it. I have been to the synaptics settings<advanced<palmcheck slider. Thing is, i can't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. synaptics palmcheck windows 10

2. synatics touchpad palm check driver

3. Disable Palmcheck in new Synaptic drivers

4. synaptics disable palmcheck,
  5. synaptics cant play with palmcheck,
  6. synaptics 19.5.10.125 palmcheck