Windows 10: synaptics fingerprint not working after windows 10 1903 update

Discus and support synaptics fingerprint not working after windows 10 1903 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ever Since I have upgraded my windows 10 to 1903 on june-17th-2019, the synaptics wbdi is not at all working properly (for Windows Hello) when I open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MusabAbdullah18, Jul 22, 2019.

1. synaptics fingerprint not working after windows 10 1903 update

Ever Since I have upgraded my windows 10 to 1903 on june-17th-2019, the synaptics wbdi is not at all working properly (for Windows Hello)

when I open Device manager>Biometric Devices>Synaptics WBDI>properties: "this device cannot start. (code 10)"

And no "Fingerprint" option is showing in sign in options.

My laptop model: Lenovo ideapad 520 15IKB (81bf)

i have done all of the common workouts and maneuvers:

1) Updating the Windows 10 to latest update.

2) uninstalling and again re-installing the synaptics wbdi drivers from Lenovo drivers (official mfg.'s)

3) updating the driver from device manager>update driver (let windows search for the updates)

3) Checked and made sure that all drivers on my laptop are latest/working properly.

note: before upgrading to windows 10 1903 it was working fine.

:)

MusabAbdullah18, Jul 22, 2019

2. Fingerprint reader not working

Thanks for the response. We need to update the driver associated to fingerprint hardware to help resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel --> Device Manager.
    • In the Device Manager, click Biometric Devices and expand the list. The fingerprint sensor is listed as a
      Synaptics FP Sensor, depending on the model of your system.
    • Right click on the device and choose Properties.
    • In the Properties, click “Driver” tab.
    • Click “Update Driver” for searching updated driver package even if the driver is up-to-date.

Let us know if this works.

Martin Bar, Jul 22, 2019
  3. fingerprint swipe quit working.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the fingerprint
    drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and Fingerprint
    drivers.

Method 3

If issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Fingerprint
    drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Mann_Manohar, Jul 22, 2019
  4. NiOSaBu Win User

synaptics fingerprint not working after windows 10 1903 update

Lenovo ThinkPad Synaptics fingerprint sensor killed by Windows 10 Update

Hardware: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 2

Biometrics device: Fingerprint sensor Synaptics WBD(SGX enabled)

After a usual Windows 10 update the driver for the fingerprint sensor does not work anymore.

Fingerprint sensor cannot be used.

Trouble shooting already done:

- refreshed driver in the device manager

- uninstalled and reinstalled driver for fingerprint sensor

Problem still unresolved. Please help.

NiOSaBu, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

synaptics fingerprint not working after windows 10 1903 update

1. synaptics fingerprint not working after windows 10 1903 update - Similar Threads - synaptics fingerprint working

2. Synaptics touchpad no longer working after updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Synaptics touchpad no longer working after updating: Hello, I just want to preface this by saying I'm not a really a techy person so I may not know all the terms and whatnot. Anyways, I had an old HP Stream 11 laying around and decided to update it to Windows 10. I updated it by downloading the update to a flash drive and used...
  3. Synaptics touchpad won't working after windows 10 2004 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptics touchpad won't working after windows 10 2004 update: After windows 10 2004 update my synaptics touchpad won't work in device manager mice section synaptics touchpad driver not showing ao i check application section on setting then i see the synaptics app shows 0kb storage so the 2004 version of windows it automatically corrupt...
  4. after update synaptics driver not working properly

after update synaptics driver not working properly: after a recent update of windows 10 my touchpad is not working properly.only the pointer is working and scroll down ,three finger gestures and all are not working at all.i have tried reinstalling even new synaptics drivers from device manufacturer but I didn't find any...
  5. Synaptics Touchpad Not Working After Windows 10 Update

Synaptics Touchpad Not Working After Windows 10 Update: I have two identical laptop Toshiba R30-C One is running Win 10 - 1803, no issue One is running Win 10 - 1909, touchpad cannot control coursor Issue definitely not related to Fn + F9. Issue seemed related to driver handling on new Win 10 update. With the Win 10 -...
  6. Synaptics touchpad not working after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Synaptics touchpad not working after Windows 10 upgrade: HI there, I have an HP Envy laptop, running Windows 10. My touchpad has completely stopped working, even after restart. The Touchpad (Synaptics SMBus ClickPad) doesn't show up in Device Manager, until I hit View / Show Hidden devices. When I try to update drivers, it tells...
  7. synaptics fingerprint not working properly after windows 10 1903 update

synaptics fingerprint not working properly after windows 10 1903 update: Ever Since I have upgraded my windows 10 to 1903 on june-17th-2019, the synaptics wbdi is not at all working properly (for Windows Hello) when I open Device manager>Biometric Devices>Synaptics WBDI>properties: "this device cannot start. (code 10)" Although its working...
  8. Synaptics WBDI fingerprint driver not working on Lenovo Ideapad 520 after Windows 10 1803...

Synaptics WBDI fingerprint driver not working on Lenovo Ideapad 520 after Windows 10 1803...: Has anyone else experienced their Synaptics WBDI fingerprint driver giving the error: This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31) {Operation Failed} in Synaptics WBDI - SGX Or This device cannot start....
  9. PIN and Fingerprint not working after Windows 10 Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN and Fingerprint not working after Windows 10 Update: I've seen multiple forums on this subject and I see that Microsoft locks the forum not allowing any more comments which is absolutely ridiculous. Like many many many others my laptop did an automatic Windows 10 update. After the update my fingerprint AND pin no longer...
  10. Lenovo ThinkPad Synaptics fingerprint sensor killed by Windows 10 Update

Lenovo ThinkPad Synaptics fingerprint sensor killed by Windows 10 Update: Hardware: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 2 OS: Windows 10 Pro / Version 1803 / OS build 17134.137 Biometrics device: Fingerprint sensor Synaptics WBD(SGX enabled) After a usual Windows 10 update the driver for the fingerprint sensor does not work anymore. Fingerprint sensor...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update fingerprint driver

2. synaptics fingerprint driver windows 10

3. fingerprint not working after windows 10 1903 update

4. fingerprint scanner not working since windows 10 update,
  5. synaptics fingerprint reader windows 10,
  6. synaptics fingerprint driver,
  7. synaptics UWP WBDI,
  8. synaptics fingerprint windows 10,
  9. lenovo ideapad fingerprint driver for windows 10,
  10. windows 1903 update audio not working thinkpad w541,
  11. windows hello not working after 1903 update,