Windows 10: synaptics fingerprint not working properly after windows 10 1903 update

Discus and support synaptics fingerprint not working properly after windows 10 1903 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ever Since I have upgraded my windows 10 to 1903 on june-17th-2019, the synaptics wbdi is not at all working properly (for Windows Hello) when I open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MusabAbdullah18, Jul 22, 2019.

1. synaptics fingerprint not working properly after windows 10 1903 update

Ever Since I have upgraded my windows 10 to 1903 on june-17th-2019, the synaptics wbdi is not at all working properly (for Windows Hello)

when I open Device manager>Biometric Devices>Synaptics WBDI>properties: "this device cannot start. (code 10)"

Although its working sometimes, (may be around 2/10 times) but mostly its not working - there is no "fingerprint" option in "Sign in options" (in login screen)

My laptop model: Lenovo ideapad 520 15IKB (81bf)

i have done all of the common workouts and maneuvers:

1) Updating the Windows 10 to latest update.

2) uninstalling and again re-installing the synaptics wbdi drivers from Lenovo drivers (official mfg.'s)

3) updating the driver from device manager>update driver (let windows search for the updates)

4) Checked and made sure that all (other) drivers on my laptop are latest/working properly.

note: before upgrading to windows 10 1903 it was working fine.

:)

MusabAbdullah18, Jul 22, 2019

2. Synaptics WBDI fingerprint driver not working on Lenovo Ideapad 520 after Windows 10 1803 Update

Has anyone else experienced their Synaptics WBDI fingerprint driver giving the error:

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

{Operation Failed} in Synaptics WBDI - SGX

Or This device cannot start. (Code 10) in Synaptics WBDI

The requested operation was unsuccessful.

The fingerprint reader was working fine before the 1803 update but the driver appears to have failed after the update.

My driver version is 5.5.2620.1050.A_NonSGX about 30 May 2018 and this is the latest driver available.

Does anyone have a link from Lenovo or Microsoft to a more reliable driver?

Thank you.

Ahmad Al Jazzar, Jul 22, 2019
  3. Fingerprint reader not working

Thanks for the response. We need to update the driver associated to fingerprint hardware to help resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel --> Device Manager.
    • In the Device Manager, click Biometric Devices and expand the list. The fingerprint sensor is listed as a
      Synaptics FP Sensor, depending on the model of your system.
    • Right click on the device and choose Properties.
    • In the Properties, click “Driver” tab.
    • Click “Update Driver” for searching updated driver package even if the driver is up-to-date.

Let us know if this works.

Martin Bar, Jul 22, 2019
  4. GTTG Win User

synaptics fingerprint not working properly after windows 10 1903 update

Synaptics WBDI fingerprint driver not working on X1 Yoga after Windows 10 1803 Update

Has anyone else experienced their Synaptics WBDI fingerprint driver giving the error:

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

{Operation Failed}

The requested operation was unsuccessful.

The fingerprint reader was working fine before the 1803 update but the driver appears to have failed after the update.

My driver version is 5.1.330.26 and this is the latest driver available. Does anyone have a link from Lenovo or Microsoft to a more reliable driver?

Thank you.

Thema:

synaptics fingerprint not working properly after windows 10 1903 update

1. synaptics fingerprint not working properly after windows 10 1903 update - Similar Threads - synaptics fingerprint working

2. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad Not working Properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptics SMBus Touchpad Not working Properly: Hi Uday Here , Hope every thing is fine out there. I don't know why my Mouse Pointer works in a weird fashion. Like for some time it works absolutely fine and after few minutes it will stop working for a while like about 2 minutes. I have seen a few posts in Internet on...
  3. Fingerprint scanner not working properly after latest windows update.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fingerprint scanner not working properly after latest windows update.: I have an Asus Zenbook 14 UM431DA and my fingerprint scanner isn't working properly after the windows 2004 update. I have latest drivers for fingerprint scanner....
  4. after update synaptics driver not working properly

after update synaptics driver not working properly: after a recent update of windows 10 my touchpad is not working properly.only the pointer is working and scroll down ,three finger gestures and all are not working at all.i have tried reinstalling even new synaptics drivers from device manufacturer but I didn't find any...
  5. Synaptics Touchpad Not Working After Windows 10 Update

Synaptics Touchpad Not Working After Windows 10 Update: I have two identical laptop Toshiba R30-C One is running Win 10 - 1803, no issue One is running Win 10 - 1909, touchpad cannot control coursor Issue definitely not related to Fn + F9. Issue seemed related to driver handling on new Win 10 update. With the Win 10 -...
  6. After update windows 10 , 1903 my surface pro 4 is not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After update windows 10 , 1903 my surface pro 4 is not working properly: After update windows 10 , 1903 my surface pro 4 is not working properly. Long booting time and slow down like anything...i have followed the tips given in this thread... No use....I cant uninstall the updates also......
  7. win 10 1903 update not working properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 1903 update not working properly: hello there everybody.. I would like to describe my problem, basically, I have tried to instal the 1903 update on my desktop and surface pro 6 as well, and after the update WIN START MENU NOT WORKING, NOTIFICATION MENU NOT WORKING, PC FREEZES. I did a fresh new install of...
  8. Update 1903 has not worked properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 1903 has not worked properly: why is my laptop no longer working properly since update 1903 was done now have have black screen and also cannot find my pictures etc. Troubleshoot did not work and also Recovery also did not work??...
  9. synaptics fingerprint not working after windows 10 1903 update

synaptics fingerprint not working after windows 10 1903 update: Ever Since I have upgraded my windows 10 to 1903 on june-17th-2019, the synaptics wbdi is not at all working properly (for Windows Hello) when I open Device manager>Biometric Devices>Synaptics WBDI>properties: "this device cannot start. (code 10)" And no "Fingerprint"...
  10. Synaptics Touchpad not working properly

Synaptics Touchpad not working properly: Hello. Since upgrading to Windows 10, my touchpad is not working properly any more. It's not that the touchpad isn't working at all or that I can't move or control the pointer. I say it isn't working properly because, occasionally, one single tap is read as multiple taps,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. synaptics wbdi sgx erreur windows 10

2. windows 1903 pin fingerprint not working

3. fingerprint login not working after update on lenovo thinkpad

4. synaptics fingerprint set up,
  5. Why lenovo ideapad 520 not support fingerprint,
  6. fingerprint sign in not working windows 10,
  7. my mouse pad dont work on ideapad 520s,
  8. windows 10 1903 fingerprint,
  9. synaptics fingerprint driver windows 10,
  10. windows update 1903 synaptics wbdi sgx code 10 2019,
  11. windows update 1903 synaptics wbdi sgx,