Windows 10: Synaptics FP Sensors is not working

Discus and support Synaptics FP Sensors is not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi my Synaptics FP Sensors driver is unplugged how I can reconnect this driver or plugged it. I updated but it still the same thing. Note:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Muhammed Salar, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Synaptics FP Sensors is not working

Hi

my Synaptics FP Sensors driver is unplugged how I can reconnect this driver or plugged it.

• I updated but it still the same thing.

Note:

1. Windows version is 1909
    2. Operation is windows 10
    3. The laptop is ProBook 4545s

Synaptics FP Sensors is not working f590fb66-81b7-45d6-9ff0-de4ff4b12155?upload=true.jpg

:)

Muhammed Salar, Apr 6, 2020

2. Synaptics FP Sensors (WBF) (PID=003f)

Hi Rodavlas,

Let's try to isolate the issue. Since you recently updated your Windows 10 version, have you tried updating the driver for your FP Sensors?

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Fingerprint reader not working

Thanks for the response. We need to update the driver associated to fingerprint hardware to help resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel --> Device Manager.
    • In the Device Manager, click Biometric Devices and expand the list. The fingerprint sensor is listed as a
      Synaptics FP Sensor, depending on the model of your system.
    • Right click on the device and choose Properties.
    • In the Properties, click “Driver” tab.
    • Click “Update Driver” for searching updated driver package even if the driver is up-to-date.

Let us know if this works.

Martin Bar, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Synaptics FP Sensors is not working

Synaptics FP Sensors (WBF) (PID=0017) on Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) Lenovo X1 Carbon

Don't believe it is.

Well, I tried something and it seemed to have worked itself out. Thought maybe I needed to uninstall before installing it again using the link you provided.

Under Device Manager, under 'Biometric Devices'. Right clicked on 'Synaptics FP Sensors (WBF) (PID=0017)' > clicked on 'Uninstall Driver'. Restarted the laptop and it prompted
    for sign-in using fingerprint...like it used to before the problem started..!

Went to Device Manager again to check. Right clicked on it and selected 'Properties'. Says 'This device is working properly'..!!

Thank you for your help anyways Synaptics FP Sensors is not working :)

JibuMammen, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Synaptics FP Sensors is not working

1. Synaptics FP Sensors is not working - Similar Threads - Synaptics Sensors working

2. Fingerprint Sensor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint Sensor not working: Recently I have been unable to use my fingerprint sensor on my Asus Vivobook Pro14X. Under device manager > ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor properties, it is stated that "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. Code 31...
  3. Fingerprint Sensor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Sensor not working: Recently I have been unable to use my fingerprint sensor on my Asus Vivobook Pro14X. Under device manager > ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor properties, it is stated that "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. Code 31...
  4. Fingerprint Sensor Not Working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Sensor Not Working: Hello,I have a Dell XPS 7590 laptop purchased through the Microsoft Store in Canada and the fingerprint sensor doesn't work. I purchased the extended warranty so it should still be covered by warranty. I've reinstalled the driver, as well as rerecorded the finger print...
  5. Fingerprint sensor not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fingerprint sensor not working: My laptop aspire A514-52 suddenly stopped working without warning in settings it reads: "something went wrong. Try again later" And in device manager it says "device is working properly" I have gone on many forums to try and fix it but so far no luck. Here are the things I've...
  6. Fingerprint sensor not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint sensor not working: I just updated to the newest version of Windows. This current laptop is only 2 weeks old and when I got it, the fingerprint sensor was working just fine. Now, after the update, the fingerprint sensor doesn't work. When I got to settings, it says we couldn't find a fingerprint...
  7. Fingerprint sensor not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fingerprint sensor not working: Recently I noticed my fingerprint sign in option no longer existed. Went into device manager and clicked on my fingerprint sensor's properties. It says: This device cannot start. (Code 10) The process hosting the driver for this device has terminated. Anyone know how to fix...
  8. Synaptics FP Sensors (WBF) (PID=0017) on Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) Lenovo X1 Carbon

Synaptics FP Sensors (WBF) (PID=0017) on Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) Lenovo X1 Carbon: Hi, Am not able to use fingerprint scanner to sign-in to my laptop. After researching on various support groups, discussions and forums have tried to update the driver but says 'The best drivers for your device are already installed'. Under Device Manager, under 'Biometric...
  9. Synaptic ClickPad not working

Synaptic ClickPad not working: Last night my touchpad worked perfectly fine, today I opened my laptop and it wouldn't work anymore. I have an HP Envy x360 and it's not even 2 years old yet. -I've tried reinstalling the drivers, it hasn't worked. -It doesn't show up anywhere on the computer except in an...
  10. Synaptics Next-Gen Match-in-Sensor Fingerprint Authentication Solution

in Windows 10 News
    Synaptics Next-Gen Match-in-Sensor Fingerprint Authentication Solution: Enterprise-Grade Encryption Provides Hardened Unparalleled Security for Business and Consumer PCs COMPUTEX, Taipei – June 4, 2018 – Synaptics Inc. (NASDAQ: SYNA), the leading developer of human interface solutions, today announced its new generation FS7600 Match-in-Sensor™...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. synaptics fp sensors (wbf) (pid=003f) windows 10

3. synaptics FP sensors wbf pid=003f drivers problems for windows ten