Windows 10: Synaptics Pointing Device - Cannot use touchpad while typing.

Discus and support Synaptics Pointing Device - Cannot use touchpad while typing. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Below are the details on my device: Model: Lenovo Yoga 710-15lKB Signature Edition Synaptics Driver Version: 19.5.10.150 Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BlakeMacNelly, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Synaptics Pointing Device - Cannot use touchpad while typing.

Hello,

Below are the details on my device:

Model: Lenovo Yoga 710-15lKB Signature Edition

Synaptics Driver Version: 19.5.10.150

Windows 10 Version and Build: Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.685

I am having issues using my touchpad and keyboard simultaneously. Specifically, I am attempting to do this while gaming. I cannot move around with the keypad and use the touchpad at the same time.

I have checked updates across the board on my computer and updated any available drivers using Driver Easy. I restarted the computer. Unfortunately this did not fix the problem.

When I open the touchpad settings it doesn't give me any options beyond adjusting sensitivity levels. I can get as far as looking at the Synaptics Pointing Device Properties but do not have the ability to change settings...even as Admin. Please see images attached.

I have attached photos of the touchpad settings and driver settings.

I'd appreciate your help in finding a solution.

Regards,

Blake MacNelly

Touchpad Settings:

Synaptics Pointing Device - Cannot use touchpad while typing. fdac51a4-53a1-4862-b7d4-97a885a2887d?upload=true.png

Driver Settings:

Synaptics Pointing Device - Cannot use touchpad while typing. 94208dd0-90f9-4370-95d6-85ae6dcd713f?upload=true.png

Synaptics Settings:

Synaptics Pointing Device - Cannot use touchpad while typing. db6314fb-66fa-4977-83e9-b613c98a0fef?upload=true.png

:)

BlakeMacNelly, Jan 11, 2021

2. synaptics Pointing Device Driver

Try Uninstalling your device first, restart and then Install again.

Step 1:

• Open device manager by right clicking This PC and select Manage. On the left pane, click the same.
    • Under Mouse and pointing devices, right click the synaptics driver and click Uninstall.
    Step 2:

Restart when prompted. Remember, Restart!

Step 3:

Install the synaptics driver again using the setup utility provided by the manufacturer

Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - Windows Update - Rec this error: Synaptics driver update for Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad - Error 0x80070005

There is no Synaptic driver under Mice and other pointing devices to uninstall. What now?

DoloresPart, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Synaptics Pointing Device - Cannot use touchpad while typing.

Disabling Synaptic touchpad in Windows 10, and why it won't stay disabled. For a left handed person, it is disruptive.

Hi,

If you wish to disable your touchpad, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows Key +X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Synaptic touchpad driver and select Disable.
    • Click OK to confirm and check with the issue.

Please reply us with the status to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Synaptics Pointing Device - Cannot use touchpad while typing.

1. Synaptics Pointing Device - Cannot use touchpad while typing. - Similar Threads - Synaptics Pointing Device

2. synaptics touchpad not working / i cannot scroll using the touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    synaptics touchpad not working / i cannot scroll using the touchpad: I had my computer wiped and windows 10 reinstalled. Everything works fine except for the touchpad -- I can click and move the pointer just fine but I cannot scroll even though in my mouse configuration it says it is enabled and it even "detects" my attempts to use the...
  3. Synaptics Pointing Device Driver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Synaptics Pointing Device Driver: Ostatnio kliknąłem w plik nazywał się: "main.exe" program Po kliknięciu nic się nie stało, ale zauważyłem że opis, firma to Synaptic, a opisie było: "Synaptisc Point Device Driver" Od tego mój moment komputer bardzo się ścina. Wyszukałem co to jest i ponoć jest to wirus,...
  4. Synaptics Pointing Device Driver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Synaptics Pointing Device Driver: Recently I was getting a process in the taskmgr, called 'Synaptics Pointing Device Driver'. I have no idea what is it, plus i don't think I have anything related to Synaptics. My files are also getting infected with it. If I run an infected file, it will create a file...
  5. Synaptics Pointing Device

Synaptics Pointing Device: So, I accidentally uninstalled my Synaptics Pointing Device from Device Manager, now I'm trying to get it back because my touchpad + my mouse wont work. My mouse probably broke and stopped working because it's old, but my touchpad used to work all the time. Once I uninstalled...
  6. Synaptics SMBus touchpad not in devices

Synaptics SMBus touchpad not in devices: Hello, My Synaptics SMBus touchpad is not in the list of devices in the devicemanager. It has removed itself i think. Of course the touchpad is not working. [ATTACH] Is there any way to add this again....
  7. HOW DO I TYPE WHILE USING TOUCHPAD MICROSOFT DRIVERS, NOT SYNAPTICS OR ELAN

HOW DO I TYPE WHILE USING TOUCHPAD MICROSOFT DRIVERS, NOT SYNAPTICS OR ELAN: Hello, I can't use my touchpad while typing on my new laptop MSI gf63, and unlike my last laptop it does not have synaptics drivers nor elantech, but seemingly microsoft drivers precision touchpad. How do i fix this? When I open the mouse settings i get a window that isnt...
  8. Cannot Disable Synaptics touchpad

Cannot Disable Synaptics touchpad: First, I have reviewed all the relevant threads and followed all suggestions. HP laptop running Windows 10 Pro Ver 1909. There is no "Clickpad" or "Touchpad" button under my mouse settings. There is no checkbox to "Leave touchpad on when external mouse connected." I have even...
  9. Synaptic Touchpad delay after typing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Synaptic Touchpad delay after typing: I can't type and use the touchpad at the same time. I've looked for a lot of tutorials and questions but any of them worked. I don't have any "PalmKm" on regedit nor "PalmChecker" "AAPThreshold" and "PalmDetectConfig" are 0 and the sensitivity is set to "most sensitive"...
  10. Cannot use my left click while typing (Synaptics driver)

Cannot use my left click while typing (Synaptics driver): Hi, When I press a key, I can not use my left click at the same time, and I need to wait like 0,5s after releasing the key to be able to use the left click. I guess it's some feature from Synaptics touchpad drivers. Unfortunately I do not have the Synaptics Control...