Windows 10: Synaptics Precision Touchpad settings are not working

Discus and support Synaptics Precision Touchpad settings are not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, all. I just got a new HP Laptop which came with a Synaptics touchpad. When I went into the touchpad settings to disable 'tap to click' and to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by govnateeny, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Synaptics Precision Touchpad settings are not working

Hey, all.

I just got a new HP Laptop which came with a Synaptics touchpad. When I went into the touchpad settings to disable 'tap to click' and to switch the two finger scrolling to be "down motion scrolls down", I found that the touchpad settings were minimal and didn't offer any real customization options beyond sensitivity. Upon doing some research, I found various articles that said I could install the Synaptics Precision Touchpad driver to enable the full settings and customize my touchpad experience (see here for more info on the Precision Touchpad driver I installed).

Upon installing the new driver, I now have access to the full touchpad customization settings. The issue is that none of them actually do anything. I have switched the two finger scroll to be "down motion scrolls down" but a down motion still scrolls up and an up motion still scrolls down.

I have also turned off:

-Tap with a single finger to single-click

-Tap with two fingers to right-click

-Tap twice and drag to multi-select

-Press the lower right corner of the touchpad to right-click

but none of those functions have turned off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am getting very frustrated. I really just want to adjust those two settings but nothing I do seems to work.

:)

govnateeny, Feb 26, 2019

2. precision touchpad settings/revert to synapsis driver

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the details.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you finding the settings for Synaptics Touchpad.

• Press Windows + X keys, select Control Panel.
    • Select Large view in Categories.
    • Select Mouse and select Synaptics touchpad
      in the tabs and check if you can find the settings for it.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Precision Touchpad Driver

Hello

I've just got a new Samsung Laptop, and it has a precision touchpad (from Synaptics) in it. I'm trying to find a way to disable the "Precision" bit of it, so I can use synaptics own drivers, which have more options (specifically, the palm control on it is awful, and the cursor jumps all over the screen when typing, and selects different input areas, etc. and I want to enable one finger scrolling, which isn't possible with Windows/precision). However, I'm really struggling to do this. I've downloaded the drivers from Synaptics site, but when I disable the device, install this driver (by manually selecting it using have disk), and restart, the touchpad doesn't work at all. If I install the driver by running setup, it appears to install fine, but makes no difference. If I let Windows choose the driver, it reverts back to the precision settings that I don't want!

Been searching all day trying to find something, but no joy - any suggestions?

Thanks

Charlie

charlie1105, Feb 26, 2019
  4. brummyfan Win User

Synaptics Precision Touchpad settings are not working

Synaptics TouchPad Driver - Failed to Install

If the laptop has Precision touchpad (HID Compliant mouse) and Synaptics touchpad installed, you can only use one of them, try disabling Precision touchpad or Synaptics TP, have a look here:How to Adjust Toshiba Laptop Touchpad Settings | Chron.com

brummyfan, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Synaptics Precision Touchpad settings are not working

1. Synaptics Precision Touchpad settings are not working - Similar Threads - Synaptics Precision Touchpad

2. Synaptics Touchpad Settings Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Synaptics Touchpad Settings Not Working: So i have Windows 8.1 on my laptop, and for some reasons im trying to change my touchpad settings by going to Control Panel --> Mouse settings and there at the last tab where it shows device settings i go to that tab and then i click on settings, it opens for a second then...
  3. Synaptics Touchpad Settings Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Synaptics Touchpad Settings Not Working: So i have Windows 8.1 on my laptop, and for some reasons im trying to change my touchpad settings by going to Control Panel --> Mouse settings and there at the last tab where it shows device settings i go to that tab and then i click on settings, it opens for a second then...
  4. Synaptics Precision Touchpad not working with Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Synaptics Precision Touchpad not working with Windows 11 update: Hi Team,Post updating the windows 10 to 11 my Laptop touchpad is not working, i am using dh1025tx hp laptopNeed a help on priority. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/synaptics-precision-touchpad-not-working-with/71452363-b158-4339-b881-dc72cddbe7a2
  5. Synaptics Precision Touchpad not working with Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Synaptics Precision Touchpad not working with Windows 11 update: Hi Team,Post updating the windows 10 to 11 my Laptop touchpad is not working, i am using dh1025tx hp laptopNeed a help on priority. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/synaptics-precision-touchpad-not-working-with/71452363-b158-4339-b881-dc72cddbe7a2
  6. Precision touchpad not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Precision touchpad not working.: After buying my pc, I installed a precision touchpad the synaptic turnaround and it was working correctly. Then, it stopped working, so I reset my pc, in which resulted in the absence of the precision touchpad. So I tried installing it again, and here's the issue. After...
  7. Touchpad keeps reverting to Synaptics from Precision?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad keeps reverting to Synaptics from Precision?: Hi guys, I have a 2017 HP Spectre x360 that originally came with Synaptics. I updated it to Precision and it has caused issues in the past, but usually was something I could resolve through Reddit. I used this guide previously to address any issues I had...
  8. Synaptics locking drags - missing with precision touchpad drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Synaptics locking drags - missing with precision touchpad drivers: On my personal laptop, I have Synaptics control panel and it has a setting called "Locking Drags", which keeps a double-tap-to-drag drag enabled indefinitely, until I do a final tap to end the drag. On my work laptop, I have a Synaptics "precision touchpad" but no Synaptics...
  9. SYNAPTICS TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SYNAPTICS TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING: Hello, i am going insane with this laptop, it's only 13months old and already had the hard drive replaced about 6 weeks ago, i am having trouble with the synaptics touchpad, the whole thing keeps disappearing so i can't scroll, when it does appear after start up i have to go...
  10. Precision touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Precision touchpad not working: I have a lenovo laptop, and just installed windows on my laptop. After the installation I saw that the precision touchpad stopped working. I saw the drivers and it dais that I had generic Hid drivers for my touchpad in which I couldn't scroll and use gestures. The precision...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo synaptics precision