Windows 10: Synaptics problem

Discus and support Synaptics problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Things were a bit dicey for a couple of days but now seem to have settled down and working properly. Thanks for your help!*Thumbs Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nikilet, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Nikilet Win User

Synaptics problem

Things were a bit dicey for a couple of days but now seem to have settled down and working properly. Thanks for your help!*Thumbs

Nikilet, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Nikilet Win User

I disabled my touch pad long ago on my Toshiba Satellite P875-S7200. I never had to mess with it again ... until recently. I booted my computer and noticed my touch pad was active, so I went into mouse to disable it again. When I clicked on "Mouse" I got a pop up window as shown in #1synaptics. I clicked NO on this window because I don't know what I'm doing here. I feared a yes might get me into permanent trouble.

I went into Mouse and clicked on the Device Settings tab and disabled as in synaptics 2. But it doesn't stay disabled.

I'd appreciate some advice on this.

:)

Nikilet, Apr 21, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade - Synaptics Touchpad driver resets itself everytime I start the PC frsh

A great solution to irritation of having to reload synaptics profile. Now we may never know if synaptics fixes the underlying problem.

DennisParker1710, Apr 21, 2018
  4. Lakeguy55 Win User

Synaptics problem

Mouse properties reset with every restart on Windows 10 laptop

Yes,my problem is with Synaptics Clickpad on HP ENVY laptp .

There appears to be a fix from Synaptics. But MS Update unfixes it. Details here Synaptics Touchpad on Windows 10

Lakeguy55, Apr 21, 2018
  5. Helmut Win User
    You will have to re-install the Synaptics ClickPad driver as some things are greyed out that should not be, and the driver is a bit old assuming this is Windows 10.

Presume you normally use a USB mouse that still works ?

I would go to the Device Manager and locate the Synaptics ClickPad.
    Device Manager > Mice and other pointing devices > Synaptics SMBus TouchPad > Select > Red X on toolbar to uninstall.
    Then Action > Scan for hardware changes and the driver should be re-installed from the Windows driver cache or it will go to Windows updates.
    You could also try Action > Update driver.
    Attachment 185593

Helmut, Apr 21, 2018
  6. Nikilet Win User
    I followed your instructions so we'll see what happens now. Thanks for the help. I'll come back and let you know.

Nikilet, Apr 22, 2018
  7. There was a known issue with some BIOS versions on the Toshiba's with the Synaptic TP driver.

Not sure if its related tho mate but worth a check *Smile

kingtez1984, Apr 22, 2018
  8. Nikilet Win User

Synaptics problem

I had no further problems last night after following your instructions. We'll see what happens today when i boot it up. i'm on my desktop right now.

Nikilet, Apr 22, 2018
Thema:

Synaptics problem

1. Synaptics problem - Similar Threads - Synaptics problem

2. Problem with Synaptics pointing device driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Synaptics pointing device driver: I have an older HP Elitebook laptop with Synaptics pointing device. The problem is that the Synaptics program does not start automaticly when the compures boots. Then the touchpad reacts to touches as if I would click the key and so I accidentally delete messages etc. I have...
  3. Problem with Synaptics pointing device driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Synaptics pointing device driver: I have an older HP Elitebook laptop with Synaptics pointing device. The problem is that the Synaptics program does not start automaticly when the compures boots. Then the touchpad reacts to touches as if I would click the key and so I accidentally delete messages etc. I have...
  4. Problem with Synaptics pointing device driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Problem with Synaptics Touchpad on MSI PS42 8RB Notebook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Synaptics Touchpad on MSI PS42 8RB Notebook: Hi,I have the MSI PS42 8RB Notebook and I've been having problems with my touchpad on Windows 11 after installing new drivers using the Driver Booster program.Right now, I can only alternate between one of these two situations:1. The official MSI drivers for the Synaptics...
  6. Problem with Synaptics Touchpad on MSI PS42 8RB Notebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Synaptics Touchpad on MSI PS42 8RB Notebook: Hi,I have the MSI PS42 8RB Notebook and I've been having problems with my touchpad on Windows 11 after installing new drivers using the Driver Booster program.Right now, I can only alternate between one of these two situations:1. The official MSI drivers for the Synaptics...
  7. Synaptics/Conexant HD Audio device problem

Synaptics/Conexant HD Audio device problem: For some reason, I can't uninstall Synaptics HD Audio off my computer; when I disable it, it disables my audio devices because it's a controller. The only way I can negate it is by using the 3.5 mil jack on my monitor which uses the motherboard driver - however - I want to...
  8. Synaptics/Conexant HD Audio driver problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Synaptics/Conexant HD Audio driver problem: For some reason, I can't uninstall the Synaptics HD Audio driver off my computer; when I disable it, it disables my audio devices because it's also a controller. The only way I can negate it is by using the 3.5 mil jack on my monitor which uses the motherboard driver,...
  9. Problems with win10 and synaptics drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with win10 and synaptics drivers?: Hi, so I got an acer nitro 5 but couldn’t get the synaptics driver to work (no trackpad settings in advanced mouse options) which made it impossible to disable palm check on the laptop so I couldn’t play any games that use simultaneous keyboard + mouse functions. I thought...
  10. Synaptics touchpad sleep problem.

Synaptics touchpad sleep problem.: A bug I seem to be having with 2004 is after sleep I cannot use the touchpad to wake the laptop. I have a mouse connected but even if I disconnect this it still doesnt work. Ive rolled back the driver to the previous (working) one, clean installed the driver & disconnected...